PDA

View Full Version : Dropped my Blackberry in the toilet.

Kymberley
05-25-2010, 09:48 PM
The water was clean! I fished it out. WHAT CAN I DO??? The phone won't come back on. :( Dh is going to kill me.

Twoboos
05-25-2010, 09:51 PM
YIKES! Remove the battery and put the phone/battery in a ziploc filled with dry rice. The rice will soak up any moisture inside. let it sit overnight and try again in the morning.

And keep the lid down from now on. :wink2:

GL!!!

Kymberley
05-25-2010, 09:55 PM
YIKES! Remove the battery and put the phone/battery in a ziploc filled with dry rice. The rice will soak up any moisture inside. let it sit overnight and try again in the morning.

And keep the lid down from now on. :wink2:

GL!!!

Okay, THANK YOU! I'll def. keep the lid down from now on!

ehlana06
05-25-2010, 10:24 PM
the dry rice thing really works. I've had to do this with my backberry and it's fine now.

Kymberley
05-25-2010, 10:25 PM
the dry rice thing really works. I've had to do this with my backberry and it's fine now.

Oh good! That makes me feel a little better!

BeachBum
05-26-2010, 09:37 AM
I too have had good luck with the rice. But we've found that if you turn the phone on (or attempt to) the rice trick doesn't work. I'll keep my finger's crossed for you.

jal
05-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Yea, the problem is applying power to the phone while it's still wet/damp can short circuit something ruining it.

For future reference to all that might drop a phone in the toilet (or any other wet place), the best thing is to turn it off (if it is on), remove the battery, then do the rice trick. Only AFTER everything is completely dry should you reinsert the battery and attempt to power it up.

smiles33
05-27-2010, 04:38 PM
ARGH! I dropped my iPhone this morning in the toilet. It slipped out of my jacket pocket. There's no easy way to remove the battery so I turned it off and put it in a bowl of rice in the sun. I'm praying it will still work....