PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend - Who's Grillin' and What?

GrillinFool
05-26-2010, 04:37 PM
I'll hang up and listen...

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
05-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Just got back from the grocery store - we're going to BBQ ribs, and tri-tip. We're also having corn and watermelon. yum yum.

infomama
05-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Burgers for us but with a screen name like 'GrillinFool' that I hope you can share some great recipes/tips!

smiles33
05-28-2010, 08:46 PM
It's all about the ribs! Baby back, beef, and maybe also some spareribs. DH smokes them and then grills them so they are smoky and lip-smackingly good! Been thinking about having them for a long time as the weather has been unseasonably bad here (Anchorage, AK was warmer than CA the other day!).

GrillinFool
06-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Burgers for us but with a screen name like 'GrillinFool' that I hope you can share some great recipes/tips!

Been a long weekend. My wife had our second son on Friday. After 24 hours of good going, he developed some breathing issues and was in the NICU for 48 hours. All is good now. So I had that going on top of the holiday weekend.

After leaving the hospital Friday night, I put together a grill that Char Broil sent me to give a test run and had a fat steak. The next day I brined some chickens and cooked them in that grill. Then 24 hours of crying and praying. On Monday they said all is looking good and said he would come home on Tuesday. We had our immediate families over for reverse seared country style ribs that I marinaded in cherry Coke, then put on a rub and smoked with cherry wood for 2 hours, seared them to make that rub into a flavor crust and then slathered with doctored Sweet Baby Rays. If you are on the coasts and have no idea what pork steaks are, you ae missing out!!! Then last night, after having the baby home I cooked a half dozen NY Strips for the wife and I, our parents, and a couple of her brothers.

To say I'm a Grillin Fool is an understatement. Periodically I can share what I do on this site if that's not a problem. Can I post pics? Much to the chagrin to my wife I document everything with many pics to go along with detailed write ups.... I believe the mission of the site is to find consumer justice and a decent BBQ. Not sure what I can do for the former, but I can help with the latter...

urquie
06-02-2010, 08:24 PM
glad to hear your baby is safely home! :hug:

i would love it if you posted some recipes... especially the easy ones!

GrillinFool
06-03-2010, 12:03 AM
glad to hear your baby is safely home! :hug:

i would love it if you posted some recipes... especially the easy ones!

Looks like I can't post links back to my site which is a blog which is the repository to all kinds of grilling goodness. Usually what happens when I find a forum such as this that is interested in stuff that I grill, I post some pics to what I did and a link to the full write up rather than reposting the entire extent of the content at each forum, and after people check out what I did with all the pics we come back here and discuss. My site is not a discussion board. There is a section for comments but the comments are pretty minimal.

But I got this email earlier:

Hi and welcome to the BBB forum! While you are welcome to share your grilling tips and recipes, our rules prohibit the posting of links to your blog since it contains commercial content. Please see the posted rules in the Newbies forum for more details.

No worries. How this forum is run is up to the moderators, not me. I'd love to share but it would take too much time to repost the entire post, particularly when some of the posts have over 30 pictures which requires creating 30 links. My site is all about picture by picture, step by step instructions that can't be done without the pictures. That's the whole point of what I do.

Anyway, good luck everyone....