PDA

View Full Version : Perego Tatamia anyone?

cindykop
05-26-2010, 06:59 PM
I am looking at getting the Perego Tatamia High Chair. Does anyone have this high chair? any recommendations? The reason I am looking at this chair
1. Looks nice
2. seems comfortable for baby
3. seems easy to clean
4. doesn't scratch wood floors when you move it around
5. removable tray that baby can not remove
6. folds easily and can be stored out of the way easy

Are there any high chairs that are better? The only negative I have heard about this chair is that there is a gap between tray and baby and food can fall through.

I would really appreciate some help in deciding on a high chair!

cindykop
05-27-2010, 11:05 AM
does anyone have the latest book and know how it is rated???

HannaAddict
05-28-2010, 01:26 AM
It was not out at press time and not rated. I've asked the same question with radio silence. It looks nice in person but haven't taken baby over yet to try it out. It is between this and the Boon. I wish the Boon reclined!

TwoBees
05-28-2010, 07:48 AM
No personal experience, but it got very good ratings on Amazon and BRU
http://www.amazon.com/Peg-Perego-Tatamia-Chair-White-Latte/dp/B001RV741O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1275047174&sr=8-1

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3417043

FWIW, we have the Graco contempo and are quite happy.

Reina
05-30-2010, 12:07 AM
We have the Tatamia. We LOVE IT!!!!
At first we used it as a baby station/swing. I think the swing function is not worth it. You have to manually operate the swing function. So it is redundant.
However, the positive attributes of Tatamia overweigh the negatives:
* DS is very comfortable in it. It's a lot like his car seat. So he feels secure in it.
* The leatherette material is very easy to clean.
* It's very stable. (MIL has a Safety 1st chair for DS at her house which looks very flimsy to me.) Tatamia does not budge - no chance of tipping.
* Blends in with the living room furniture very nicely.
* When the tray is removed, it becomes a kitchen counter high chair for an older child.
* Takes up very little space when folded.

Highly Recommended!

If you have questions, ask away!

KiminNJ
09-01-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm also looking at the Tatamia for similar reasons. Seems very sturdy, easy to clean, compact fold (in small town house) so I felt it easily be stored in a closet when not in use and I like that it can be used as a recliner/swing. I just wish there were more reviews, I feel a little guilty spending this much on a high chair and would like some reassurance that it's worth it! I also like the seat cover/toy bar unfortunately it's not sold at BBR and is yet another expense. For that price it should come with it.

KiminNJ
09-01-2010, 11:33 AM
I've pretty much narrowed down that I want the Uppababy Vista. Mostly for walking around town, malls, and I like that it comes with the bassinet as I will most likely use it as the bassinet for the house so I can get the most use out of it. I love how it handles, the huge basket, reversible seat, standing fold, can use 2nd seat if we had another child so I think it's well worth the $$ if it can prevent me from having to buy multiple strollers down the road.

However, my concern is travel. My mother lives in Florida and I would like to go visit often but would most likely be traveling alone. How does one travel w/ stroller, car seat, baby, luggage, etc. I'm also very concerned about paying this price on a stroller and having it ruined in the air port. I will not be registering for this (since the price is so high and they do not sell it at the store were registering at anyways). Should I register for another stroller as well for convenience ... for more light weight/compact I was looking at the BJCM or Maclaren Quest. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!