PDA

View Full Version : Hiccups?

firemama
05-27-2010, 07:25 AM
I am 33 weeks and think my baby has the hiccups almost every day. It's a pretty constant slow beat that lasts a minute or a few minutes at a time. Sometimes once a day and sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Is this pretty common? And common to happen every day? Could it be anything else?

boltfam
05-27-2010, 08:06 AM
I don't know if it's common for it to happen that often, but DS had hiccups that often in utero. I don't know about you, but it made my belly shake and it was so annoying. He is completely healthy, though. :)

Cheburashka
05-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Starting from about 30 weeks, DD had hiccups. They'd wake me up in the morning like clockwork, start again around lunch, and usually one more bout in the evening. It was sort of funny to be out in public, you could see my belly jiggle. DD is fine. Her hiccup schedule continued about 4-5 weeks after she was born.

elliput
05-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Nothing to worry about, completely normal. I remember my DD would have hiccup episodes at least once a day. DS hiccuped also, but not with the same frequency.

mama2g03
05-27-2010, 09:52 AM
My DS had them a lot before he was born - it seriously seemed like every day. DD hardly had them at all. This baby gets them more than with DD but not as often as with DS. I agree with pp that it gets pretty annoying after a while.

♥ms.pacman♥
05-27-2010, 10:25 AM
nak

totally normal. my son would have hiccuping episode several times a day. it continued till even after he wqas born

LMPC
05-27-2010, 10:35 AM
DD had hiccups in utero every.single.day! Typically it was around 10:30p when I was about to go to sleep LOL! Sometimes, if I rubbed my belly in a circular motion, they would go away. When she came out, she still had hiccups! Totally normal!

ewpmsw
05-27-2010, 04:38 PM
DD #1 was a hiccup-er and feels like DD #2 is, too. I think it's normal.

jellibeans
05-27-2010, 06:11 PM
My son used to do that in my belly all of the time! And then after he was born, he continued having the hiccups alot...probably for the first 6 months or so. Now he is fine and doesn't really do it at all!

fumofu
05-28-2010, 01:14 AM
This little guy is hiccuping quite often also. My tummy would shake like a laundry machine for a good minute sometimes.

My BIL took a video of his newborn hiccuping the other day. My little nephew sounded like Tweety Bird - it was absolutely adorable!

citymama
05-28-2010, 02:32 AM
Yes, it's normal and a good sign actually! It's a little like practice breathing. Keep in mind that they continue to have daily hiccups for the first few weeks after birth too!