PDA

View Full Version : Car Stroller for Parks etc-- what do you recommend?

ryanmom
05-27-2010, 10:30 AM
My baby is almost 6 months. We've been using the snap n go for a car stroller and we have a emmaljunga for the house (we inherited it from a friend). We also have a double stroller because we nanny share and the nanny watches both babies. The emmaljunga is great because it is reversible (and I love to see my baby!) but it is huge and my husband finds it difficult to maneuver. He would rather take out the double with just our baby (I like the double but I feel weird when it is just one babe in it). I want to get a stroller for the car but would rather get one with big wheels because we often go places where we will be using the stroller outside a lot (different parks, down the Cape this summer, at his parents' house in upstate NY, downtown boston-- cobblestone streets). He recently pushed a friend's BOB and was very impressed. I'm thinking about getting the Bob 12 for our car stroller.... is that silly? I know everyone loves the BJCM-- how is that compared to the Bob? We have an outback 2010 (the one that looks more like an SUV than a station wagon).

satchnbucky
05-27-2010, 11:25 AM
BJCM is not going to have the air tires or AT capability of the BOB, but can't be beat as a car/mall/park stroller. That would be my first choice for a car stroller to go to the park - awesome canopy, amazing fold, lightweight, big wheels, near full recline, decent basket, great push (feels like you're pushing nothing). That's what we take to the zoo, park, etc. (We have a triumph for travel and quick trips to the mall and a P&T that does not go in the car - it's a beast!)
HTH!

TwoBees
05-27-2010, 11:36 AM
BJCM is not going to have the air tires or AT capability of the BOB, but can't be beat as a car/mall/park stroller. That would be my first choice for a car stroller to go to the park - awesome canopy, amazing fold, lightweight, big wheels, near full recline, decent basket, great push (feels like you're pushing nothing). That's what we take to the zoo, park, etc. (We have a triumph for travel and quick trips to the mall and a P&T that does not go in the car - it's a beast!)
HTH!

:yeahthat:
The BJCM was going to be my suggestion. Unless the parks you go to have lots of rough or unpaved trails, or you will be riding on grass a lot, it is a GREAT park stroller. Sure, the ride is not as smooth as a stroller with air tires, but honestly, I think it is pretty darn smooth.

crl
05-27-2010, 11:53 AM
If you want air tires, but smaller fold than a BOB, you might look at the Mountain Buggy Swift.

Catherine

arivecchi
05-27-2010, 12:00 PM
If you want air tires, but smaller fold than a BOB, you might look at the Mountain Buggy Swift.

Catherine LOL. That is what I recommended in the OP's other thread!

crl
05-27-2010, 12:11 PM
LOL. That is what I recommended in the OP's other thread!

Guess you can tell we like our Swifts. LOL. I found it because people here suggested it to me and it's not very common so I try to mention it as a possibility when it seems to fit.

Catherine

jacksmoma
05-27-2010, 01:11 PM
my bjcm lives in my car and i use it almost everyday at the park over grass etc. it pushes sooo well, once i tried to use a mac at the park and i could not even make it over a foot of grass- i was shocked! bjcm is perfect, not too heavy (but not flimsy either).