PDA

View Full Version : Good complement for Inglesina Zippy?

Jrwusch
05-27-2010, 11:01 AM
We have an Inglesina Zippy, which we love. We're looking for a second stroller that's even more lightweight.

What do you think of:

BJCMicro (under $100 right now)
Inglesina Swift
Others?

Thanks in advance!

salsah
05-27-2010, 01:44 PM
i wouldn't get the micro. the bjcm, maybe. (i think that strollerqueen once mentioned that the mini is lighter than the micro.) since the zippy is sort of in the middle, i think you should go super light, like a volo.
what features are you looking for (other than lighter than the zippy)? do you need recline, is it only going to be for a specific purpose like travel or pt?

Jrwusch
05-27-2010, 02:03 PM
My ignorance as a mom and stroller-hunter is showing, but...

The reason to have recline is so the baby can sleep in the stroller?

We would like something lighter, easy to transport, not terribly expensive but of good quality.

I flew with the Zippy a couple weeks ago, which wasn't bad at all. But thought something lighter would be even better.

Honestly, I don't even know what features I should be looking for.

salsah
05-27-2010, 02:28 PM
i just noticed that your lo is 6mo, so i think you should get a little bit of a recline. maybe a mac quest would be a god option. well made, great steering for an umbrella stroller. macs are tippy though so you'll have to get used to that. the inglesina swift that you mentions might be a god choice too. don't worry about the cost because there are always ways to get a good deal (new or used) and often (but not always) you compromise quality, ease of use, etc. when you get a cheaper stroller.
take a look at your options and compare the weights and features (how far does it recline, how many recline positions does it have, how is the fold, how big is the canopy, does it have an adjustable leg rest, does it have a carry handle or strap, etc.) and if possible, test drive them.

start with a comparison of the quest and swift and then let us know what your impressions of those are so that we can make more recommendations.

Jrwusch
05-27-2010, 03:33 PM
I'll do that. Thanks!

Quick question about the recline, though. We always put the zippy in the most upright position for DD...is that a problem??

jacksmoma
05-27-2010, 03:37 PM
the zippy is pretty small- the bjcm and micro are not a ton smaller in size but are 16lbs vs. the zippy's 22 lbs so much lighter. something even lighter and smaller like a mac might be better so you don't get something too similar to your zippy...

salsah
05-27-2010, 05:31 PM
I'll do that. Thanks!

Quick question about the recline, though. We always put the zippy in the most upright position for DD...is that a problem??

not for a 6 month old (who can sit up and hold her head etc.). but while she is asleep, she'll probably be more comfortable with the seat at least partially reclined, if not fully reclined.

rissainthesky
05-27-2010, 06:33 PM
we also have a Zippy, and we have a Mac Triumph. We havent used the Triumph yet, though.
Debating selling one of them, though, since our main stroller has become my jogger, the BJ Summit XC.