PDA

View Full Version : Bumbleride Flite v. SI

Beth24
05-27-2010, 12:45 PM
I have a question for all the stroller experts out there. Our baby is due in 6 weeks and we are getting a 2010 Vista as a baby gift. I need a lightweight stroller for my car that takes an infant seat adapter. (I would use the infant seat option for short drop off and pick up situations for my older kids who are 7 and 12). Basically the baby is going to live in (and out of my car) in the afternoons while I do pick up and afternoon activities.

Does anyone have the Flite? I am intrigued by it's lighter weight of 13 pounds. I have read all available reviews but unfortunately none of the authorized dealers in my area are going to have a floor model that I can test. I have tested the Si and read a lot about it in this board so I feel fairly comfortable with its advantages and disadvantages. I have also considered the BJCM (too wide as a second stroller to Vista) and the Techno XLR (slightly heavier and more expensive). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Beth

Suzanne74
05-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Did you see the video review on www.babygizmo.com

I was so looking forward to this stroller (I love Bumbleride and have their Flyer, great customer service) but after the review, I am glad I got the Si.

Reasons:
Si canopy is so much bigger. Bumbleride normally has huge canopies but the Flite's is skimpy. That was the deal breaker for me.

Si basket is bigger and reachable from the sides when in recline. The best way to reach for things in the Flite is in the front which I think is a PIA, especially when they kids get older and their feet are dangling.

Also, I am pretty sure you can not fold the Flite with the carseat adapter on there. You can fold the Si with the bar on it and use the straps to secure the seat. The Si also folds without bending down to the street so you can hold your little one. It has a standing fold which I love. Can not remember if Flite does.

I also like that the Si has side padding so the little ones can rest their heads on something soft instead of metal.

Not sure about the Flite but you can hang a lot of stuff of the handles without it tipping. I hang my diaper bag and purse off of their all the time.

I know the Flite is lighter but I just like the Si more.

Good Luck with your decision