PDA

View Full Version : Man it hurts just to stand up!

LD92599
05-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Anyone feeling this? I'm 34 weeks; for the last few weeks it hurts to stand up/get up. Right in the pelvic area. Almost as though this kid has the palm of its hand on my pelvic bone!

Or any ideas for relief?

fortato
05-28-2010, 10:41 PM
I have the same issues (although, I'm due in 2 weeks) and my OB said to take 500 mg Tylenol for it... but the Tylenol does nothing for it.
It's the worst pain, and of course, DS never wants to do anything on a level that's not on the floor, so I'm constantly getting up from the floor... Ugh.

ewpmsw
05-29-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm only about 30 weeks and am starting to feel that pressure and pain when I try to get up (being overweight may be the reason mine is already bothering me so much, though). My "solution" has been to get up less and have DH and DD do more fetching/carrying. :o

When I was pg with DD #1, getting into the pool gave me some relief for much of the pain and discomfort I felt around my back/middle. If you have access to a pool, I definitely recommend getting in when you can.

Beth24
05-30-2010, 12:50 AM
I am 35 weeks pregnant and I am also feeling intense pressure when I stand up and especially when I walk up stairs. I asked my doctor on Thursday and when he checked my cervix he said I was feeling the pressure because the baby's head is sitting right there.

kellyd
05-30-2010, 11:48 PM
I've had that for weeks now! Fun stuff that pressure! My midwives suggested icepack pads... soak some of the big thick maxis in water and some witch hazel, set them in a bowl so they freeze in underwear shape and put in the freezer. Put a piece of plastic or wax paper between each one so they don't freeze together. You can only use them until they start to thaw but it helps...aTON!

PearlsMom
06-01-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm 36 weeks and I get something like that -- but it seems to just be baby readjusting to a different position when I stand. So I'm usually ok if I just straighten up really slowly. It looks very dramatic, but whatever, it gets me upright without pain.