PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me find a bargain on the LT truck?

WatchingThemGrow
05-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Someone ;) convinced me the LT Classic Pickup is a huge hit, and I'm sure it is. We have a 1st bday coming up in a week, and I think that would be a wonderful addition to our (crowded) backyard. All three DC would get years of play out of it.

LittleTikes (https://www.littletikes.com/toys/toys-detail.aspx?Product_ID=8307) has it on sale, but tax and $20 shipping cancels out everything. Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002U8498E/ref=nosim/16128989-rg2402-20) has them for $100. There is one not far from my dad's house (per CL) but he isn't interested in going to get it. Please help me find it cheaper - delivered by 6/7. Thanks!

WatchingThemGrow
05-30-2010, 10:46 AM
recreational bargain hunters...please help me :)

LGS
05-30-2010, 11:11 AM
We just got it--and it is fabulous for my truck obsessed boy who loads it up and has a blast--but I settled for Amazon with the no tax and free shipping. We have Prime, though, and FYI it did not ship in two days. It arrived more quickly than Amazin said but not 2-day.

Melaine
05-30-2010, 11:16 AM
We just got it--and it is fabulous for my truck obsessed boy who loads it up and has a blast--but I settled for Amazon with the no tax and free shipping. We have Prime, though, and FYI it did not ship in two days. It arrived more quickly than Amazin said but not 2-day.

Everytime I have something come less quickly than it should from Amazon, I have emailed to let them know. The "polite feedback" has always earned me a store credit of $10 or $20. :thumbsup:

OP, I've looked around for a few minutes and can't seem to find a better deal for you. (I'm disappointed in myself). If it were me, I would put up a Wanted ad on Craigslist.

WatchingThemGrow
05-30-2010, 11:19 AM
It says it takes 1-2 days for processing, so do you know how long? I put an ad on our CL, and we're going out of town Thur. I would need it to arrive by Monday for his party. I do have Prime right now...

Should I just bite the bullet and order it tomorrow if it there are no CL replies?

I could :6: my dad for not being willing to drive 20 minutes down the road to pick one up for $30(even negotiable it says) for one.

Melaine
05-30-2010, 11:21 AM
I could :6: my dad for not being willing to drive 20 minutes down the road to pick one up for $30(even negotiable it says) for one.

Awww man! That is frustrating. Maybe for an extra $20 you could get that person to deliver it to him?

ECMom
05-30-2010, 11:26 AM
You could save a little money at littletikes.com with 10% off with code LTPS1020 plus 3% cashback via ebates. However, don't know if their shipping is faster than Amazon. I wonder why this isn't available at Target, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, etc.

WatchingThemGrow
05-30-2010, 11:32 AM
You could save a little money at littletikes.com with 10% off with code LTPS1020 plus 3% cashback via ebates. However, don't know if their shipping is faster than Amazon. I wonder why this isn't available at Target, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, etc.
Yeah, yesterday it said 5 bus.days to ship, and the savings was less than $4 even with ebates and the codes. Now, a 20% code would make me think twice.

WatchingThemGrow
05-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Awww man! That is frustrating. Maybe for an extra $20 you could get that person to deliver it to him?
He does live in a different state, but he'd be mad at me for forcing him to bring it up here next time he comes. He's like that... But this is the same dad who flew an hour away to get a pedal tractor for DD last year.

LGS
05-30-2010, 10:38 PM
It says it takes 1-2 days for processing, so do you know how long? I put an ad on our CL, and we're going out of town Thur. I would need it to arrive by Monday for his party. I do have Prime right now...

It wasn't just the processing. It was the shipping time, too. IIRC, it did say so on the final checkout page. THEN the "it shipped" email said it would take even longer what the checkout page had said, but then in wasn't quite that long. Here's the breakdown:

Ordered on Fri 5/14
Shipped Mon 5/17 via UPS; Delivery estimate per Amazon was 5/26
Arrived Fri 5/21

We are in CA

ETA:

By comparison, we also ordered the LT Spray and Rescue Truck that same day (5/14) and it shipped that day and arrived Monday 5/17.

WatchingThemGrow
05-31-2010, 07:16 AM
Ordered on Fri 5/14
Shipped Mon 5/17 via UPS; Delivery estimate per Amazon was 5/26
Arrived Fri 5/21--
By comparison, we also ordered the LT Spray and Rescue Truck that same day (5/14) and it shipped that day and arrived Monday 5/17.
Thanks so much for looking that info up! MIL agreed to go in on the gift, so I ordered it Sun night, 8 days before the birthday. Hopefully, it will be here so we can at least take a pic of him crawling on the box. Funny, but I want the 3rd DC to have pictures of himself with a couple new toys during his childhood, lol.

Don't tell me if the spray and rescue truck is a bigger hit.

LGS
05-31-2010, 04:32 PM
It came in such a big box, it should be quite the picture! :)

ETA: Oh, the spray and rescue is fun for my boys, but the bigger one (age 4) just *adores* the pickup. I wish we had bought it ages ago. Needed something he could "load up." The Spray and Rescue is good for their pretend play together (my other son is 2.5) and is smaller. But the pickup can be so many things--farm truck, delivery truck, junk truck, etc. Just try to remember to not keep it in the sun since it is black and can get really hot!

WatchingThemGrow
05-31-2010, 05:21 PM
It came in such a big box, it should be quite the picture! :)

ETA: Oh, the spray and rescue is fun for my boys, but the bigger one (age 4) just *adores* the pickup. I wish we had bought it ages ago. Needed something he could "load up." The Spray and Rescue is good for their pretend play together (my other son is 2.5) and is smaller. But the pickup can be so many things--farm truck, delivery truck, junk truck, etc. Just try to remember to not keep it in the sun since it is black and can get really hot!

thanks for the review! We have the 4yo, the 2.5yo, and this will "be" for the 1yo. I think it will get lots of use per your recs. We'll store it in our "garage" which is a nasty tarp in the back corner of the yard. They love putting gas from the playhouse in the other cars, so it will be fun to see what they suggest it is.

WatchingThemGrow
06-08-2010, 10:30 PM
This thing is so exciting! All the DC have been playing with the parts of it nonstop since it was taken out of the box. They will FLIP when they see it is put together in the morning. We're in the market for some other stickers for the side, though. Thanks, Arivecchi, for the tip!