PDA

View Full Version : First big road trip with the BJCE!

Andi98989
05-30-2010, 02:39 PM
We live in MI and love to go to Chicago; we took DS for his first trip this weekend and went to Brookfield Zoo. Space in the trunk was key because I needed (okay, wanted) a cooler along so we could stop at WF and TJ on our way back, and we had all our stuff.

Loved how easily the wheels come off the BJCE. It folded up nice and flat and we set the wheels on top of it and were able to tuck it into the back of DH's trunk with no problems. It was fabulous at the zoo! We were able to navigate everything easily and never felt like it was too big. Stashed the Ergo and the diaper bag into the bottom basket. It was funny at the zoo - DH kept commenting on the different strollers he was spotting. He was quite intrigued by the Sit n Stand ones :) In the afternoon DS was ready for a nap and we just reclined it all the way back, dropped the sun canopy and he was out like a light. When we stopped for lunch, we unstrapped DS, set up the kicker and he was able to lean forward and had a great surface area to play.

On our way back DH actually found that with the flat fold, if we take only the back wheels off the stroller that it will stand up in the back of the car behind the drivers seat - which is impressive since he drives an Accord and has the seat back all the way! We stopped at the MI City outlets and easily navigated Carters, etc.. while we were there.

jacksmoma
05-30-2010, 04:24 PM
yay! love baby joggers! great for naps especially- gotta love that flat recline. we just used our bjcm at the pool at our local gym/resort today and it was great for my 12 month old :) is your lo only 7 months old? he looks older!

georgiegirl
05-30-2010, 04:39 PM
So glad it worked out so well! I love my BJCE. Your son looks so cute in there, and I love the green color.

Andi98989
05-30-2010, 09:27 PM
yay! love baby joggers! great for naps especially- gotta love that flat recline. we just used our bjcm at the pool at our local gym/resort today and it was great for my 12 month old :) is your lo only 7 months old? he looks older!

Yup, only 7 months, but he's a big boy! Almost off the charts for height. :D

arivecchi
05-31-2010, 12:15 PM
Awesome! Glad you like it! Sounds like you are in stroller love!