PDA

View Full Version : Brazillian Wax while PG?

LD92599
05-31-2010, 12:12 PM
I really want to use a spa gift certificate before the baby is born, but i don't want to schedule anything TOO soon because obviously i don't want to go into labor as a result!

I'm thinking brazillian wax, spa pedicure and either facial or massage. Since i'm due 7/4 i want to schedule something for 7/2! Then if i does anything, that's fine w/ me.

What what about the comfort/safety of brazillian at 40 weeks?

elektra
05-31-2010, 12:33 PM
One word: yeeeouch!
I got a brazillian wax at about 30 weeks right before I was going to Hawaii. I had the plan to go back again at 40 or so weeks. Well that never happened! It hurts way worse than usual. But From what I read it's still safe to do while pregnant.

ETA. I would get the facial or pregnancy massage!

salsah
05-31-2010, 12:42 PM
it is safe (it will not send you into labor). but it will be painful that late in your pregnancy.
i used to get regular brazilian/full waxes (different places use different terminology -- i'm referring to removing everything from the front all the way to the back, you can leave a little patch in the shape of your choice in front.) so i was used to it, didn't have much hair to remove, but at 38 weeks, i was so sensitive that i couldn't finish. i just had her clean up the front/sides, but that was it, i couldn't take anymore.

you may be happier (or at least more relaxed) with a facial and massage.