PDA

View Full Version : blanket alternative for 16 mo/sleepsack??

drako
05-31-2010, 10:09 PM
DD is 16 month's old and currently wears a Halo sleep sack over her cotton PJs. The problem with it now is she is unzipping the zipper and taking it off. She moves around quite a bit when sleeping so I don't think a blanket is an option right now. We keep our house cool so I think she needs something over her at night. Any suggestions? I did see one that zips up the back online through One Step Ahead...which I am leaning towards but her feet will not be covered but I guess I will see if she will keep socks on.

SnuggleBuggles
05-31-2010, 10:13 PM
I can't imagine your house is so cold that you really need to worry about covered feet or too much. So long as she is sleeping ok I would just roll with no blanket or sleep sack. I would probably try some thin cotton pj's- pants and t-shirt or long sleeved shirt, like Carter's or HA- and see how that goes.

Beth

newg
05-31-2010, 10:17 PM
we use the halo sleeps sacks too and DD is 27 months.........sometime after her 1st birthday she started to unzip them, so I just put them on her backwards now....she can still sometimes get the bottom unzipped, and one foot out; but that's only when she's wide awake and ready to get up.

drako
05-31-2010, 10:23 PM
I thought about putting it on backwards but I was thinking it was cut higher in the back and would be uncomfortable around her neck but I am going to give it a try!! Thanks, I know it works for someone!

I like to use a blanket at night so just assumed she would need something on her as well since we keep our house cool. I guess I can always try without one too and see how she does.

SnuggleBuggles
05-31-2010, 10:25 PM
I thought about putting it on backwards but I was thinking it was cut higher in the back and would be uncomfortable around her neck but I am going to give it a try!! Thanks, I know it works for someone!

I like to use a blanket at night so just assumed she would need something on her as well since we keep our house cool. I guess I can always try without one too and see how she does.

Yeah, my kids have surprised me by their sleep comfort level vs mine, which is why I say just experiment and see. :)

WatchingThemGrow
05-31-2010, 10:28 PM
At one point (much later than 16m) we moved to a Grobag as the zipper is on the side, and a little harder to get to. Not only was our DD unzipping them, but she was chewing the zippers up. Gross. Poor DS2 is wearing those now with new zippers sewn in.