PDA

View Full Version : DS ruined my birthday dinner

LarsMal
05-31-2010, 10:28 PM
My expectations weren't too high for the day anyway, but I had been waiting all week to go to the restaurant I had picked for my birthday dinner. About a 1/2 hour before we left DS started to have a bit of a meltdown. We figured he would fall asleep in the car on the way over and be fine when we got there. I had made their dinner (we bring food b/c of his allergies) and had everything ready to go. Instead of falling asleep in the car, DS had the most ridiculous.meltdown.ever. He was crying hysterically about wanting to go to some baseball game- that wasn't even on today AND wasn't being played in the state of Virginia! I told DH to just go home, but he insisted we keep going...ugh...at one point DH pulled over to "talk" to DS. Yeah, that helped!

We got to the restaurant and I decided to go in to see if they had carry out. They did, but you had to give them about a half hour- not happening. DS decided he'd calm down. While still crying and whining he was telling me, "I'M CALM! I'M CALM!" :banghead:

I finally told DH to just go home, I was not going into a nice-ish restaurant with a kid acting like that. DS then cried the whole way home because we weren't going to the restaurant.

So, instead of my nice meal out I got some crappy take-out. I had made "safe" brownies for dessert, which DS proceeded to tell me tasted like "nasty boogers". That was after he had eaten a whole one and was starting on the second one I gave him because I didn't care anymore!

Lesson learned...next year...BABYSITTER!!!!

jgenie
05-31-2010, 10:30 PM
:hug: Sorry DS didn't cooperate - can you get a do over for next week?

LarsMal
05-31-2010, 10:33 PM
:hug: Sorry DS didn't cooperate - can you get a do over for next week?

Not next week, but next time my parents come to town I know exactly what DH and I are doing for date night!

wellyes
05-31-2010, 10:45 PM
Hope things look up for you for the remainder of your birthday week - as you must know, mothers of 3 do not just get a birthday dinner. They deserve a birthday week at LEAST.

misshollygolightly
05-31-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm so sorry. I would have been very disappointed. Hope the rest of the week is much, much better!

mousemom
06-01-2010, 09:39 AM
:hug: Sorry. Not fair. Hope you get to do something else to indulge yourself this week.

Tondi G
06-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Oh that sucks.... I'm so sorry! I'm amazed you gave him a brownie at all after his behavior.

Hope when you have a sitter that your birthday Do-over is FANTASTIC!

g-mama
06-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Julie - I'm so sorry that your birthday dinner had to be scrapped. That totally stinks. :( I hope you are able to make it up another time soon, either when he's in a better mood or sans kids!

DrSally
06-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Oh no. I'm sorry this happened. I think the babysitter idea is an excellent one. Another idea if you can't get a babysitter, is to do a nice lunch/brunch. It's less crowded and earlier in the day, so the kids might be less likely to melt down?

deborah_r
06-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Sorry that happened. I dread eating out with our guys. Sometimes it goes great, sometimes terrible, and I never seem to be able to tell which it will be until we are in the middle of it. We do a LOT of take out!