PDA

View Full Version : Help Me...feel like I'm back to square one!

FieryOne1231
06-01-2010, 02:09 AM
DH is about to kill me, but men do not realize the thought that goes into a stroller purchase :dizzy: I am so indecisive so please give me your opinions.

So some of you know already that I was deciding between the Indigo and BJCM. Got the Indigo in from diapers.com and love. But my only issues are that I wish the fold were flatter, want taller seatback (don't want DS to outgrow) and also, it is just as wide as our current MetroLite (although also 10x nicer IMO). So I am thinking not so good for mall trips for weaving in and out of clothing racks, which is an issue I had with the MetroLite. But come on...for $93 (PMd, 15% off, & bing) you get parent-facing, forward-facing, huge basket, parent console, one-handed stearing, etc...YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT!

I wanted to have just 1 stroller...being the last stroller for DS, but after all this research, I think the perfect stroller can only be found in 2! :( I don't think the Indigo would be great to travel with, and we are going on trips in Aug. and Disneyland in Sept. I also ordered the BJCM from livingincomfort.com because I could pre-order, and they had a Memorial Day 10% discount + bing CB so I could get it for $195 now vs. waiting for it to come back in stock elsewhere and risk getting zero discount. But now I'm more confused than ever and thinking if I should cancel??? Reason being...even though it has a flatter, easier fold than the Indigo, & huge canopy (which would make traveling with it better), DS still runs the risk of outgrowing it from what I hear. So should I just keep the Indigo AND get a Mac Triumph or similar since it has a taller seatback and isn't wide? I mean for the price of the BJCM, I could get 2 strollers for just a little more that would maybe suit all our needs. For those of you who have a BJCM, what age do you think a child wouldn't fit it any longer? My son has always been on the small/short side. Somebody help me...I am going stroller crazy! :confused::duh:

WatchingThemGrow
06-01-2010, 07:09 AM
I think you have to pick one thing and let that be your deciding factor. Is your priority "one stroller" or "covering all bases" or "spending the lowest amount?" Something has to give b/c as we all know, you can't have it all. My vote would likely be the Triumph because you will turn around and that baby will be a 4yo who won't fit in some strollers. Although... if you plan on having others, the flat recline of the BJCM, and the great features of the Indigo will be useful to them. We got away with the Triumph as our lightweight b/c we had the full-featured Bug. But, we also use a double primarily. We use the Triumph from 3m for super-quick errands, so the waiting period is not that long.

MomToOne
06-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Don't have any experience with the strollers you mentioned but just wanted to reinforce the idea that once I realized I "needed" two for all my needs it was much easier to pick. Got the big one for the basket and the little one for the lightweight aspect.

Good luck :)

SnuggleBuggles
06-01-2010, 08:29 AM
I wound up just keeping and using my Metrolite because by the time I got done comparing things, they all had the features I liked about the stroller I already had or just weren't different enough to justify them. I was all set to get the BJCM but it weighed the same as the Metrolite and the fold wasn't really any smaller. Sure, it might be a better stroller but I decided it wasn't better enough to justify the few differences. My main need was a stroller that didn't take up a ton of trunk space since i have a Civic. I was ok with the Metrolite but I do love how small the Volo I wound up getting (for $55!) is! So, my reasons for keeping the Metrolite were that I already paid for it and it had features that worked for my lifestyle (good canopy, adjustable handle, recline, light enough, snack tray for little one). And I got the Volo b/c I found the great deal and love having a stroller to keep in the trunk w/o worrying about space. I had researched things to death when pg with ds2 and can't believe I just stuck with what I had. Drove myself batty!

GL!
Beth

TXErinC
06-01-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm in the same deciding boat as you, I have both and wanted to send one back, but now I don't think I am.

We had to use the BJCM in a pinch this weekend with DS. He is 3.5 and about 37" tall and he still had a little head room. He doesn't like to use the stroller anymore, but gave us no gripes when he was being pushed around in it for an hour or so. I love how it folds too, I have a Jetta and I can turn it on it's side to fit in my trunk and it takes up so little space. It was also easy to use when we had to go down stairs and had no problems maneuvering it through throngs of people.

So, MY final decision is to keep the two. For my needs, the Indigo is a great stroller for the price, especially for infants, but I couldn't see it lasting longer than a year or so for us. I'm sure there are differing opinions on that, but that is mine :)

Good luck!

TwoBees
06-01-2010, 09:00 AM
I wanted to have just 1 stroller...being the last stroller for DS, but after all this research, I think the perfect stroller can only be found in 2!

:yeahthat:
or 3, or 4, or... :wink2:

arivecchi
06-01-2010, 09:59 AM
IMO, the Indigo and a Triumph would be a pretty good combo. You can use the Indigo for main use and the Triumph for travel and when your DS outgrows the Indigo. Just as an FYI, DS1 (41 inches tall) does fit in the Indigo in front facing mode but his head does reach the canopy. He still has room in the Triumph before he reaches the canopy.

arivecchi
06-01-2010, 09:59 AM
:yeahthat:
or 3, or 4, or... :wink2: Are you talking to me sister? :ROTFLMAO:

TwoBees
06-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Are you talking to me sister? :ROTFLMAO:

No, no, no. Of course not! I could have been talking about myself...I now have 3!
:hug5:

arivecchi
06-01-2010, 11:08 AM
No, no, no. Of course not! I could have been talking about myself...I now have 3!
:hug5: Just joking. That is exactly how I ended up with 4 strollers. :D

jacksmoma
06-01-2010, 11:56 AM
my son is 2.5 and 39" (VERY tall for his age) and fits in our bjcm although he rarely rides- it's mainly for his baby sister who's 12 months. it is and was our only stroller and works great for that as it's just so easy to get in/out of your car in a second which becomes sooo important when you've got a fussy baby. the indigo looks cool but i would not want to deal with folding it. i love my bjcm, huge hood, flat recline, tons of acces, windows to see baby, great storage, and it's just SO light which is so important for me, i hate hate hate lifting heavy strollers, makes me not use them. gl!

lhafer
06-01-2010, 12:39 PM
But come on...for $93 (PMd, 15% off, & bing) you get parent-facing, forward-facing, huge basket, parent console, one-handed stearing, etc...YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT!

How did you get it for $93? Probably from diapers.com, but where does the 15% off come from? And how does bing come into play? I am seriously thinking about getting an Indigo for my 3 month old. Amazon has it for $119. I know diapers.com would price match. Do I have to call them? And do they have them in stock?

Laura

arivecchi
06-01-2010, 12:47 PM
I think the 15% is with code MAY15PCT which I believe expired yesterday. :(

FieryOne1231
06-01-2010, 03:59 PM
my son is 2.5 and 39" (VERY tall for his age) and fits in our bjcm although he rarely rides- it's mainly for his baby sister who's 12 months. it is and was our only stroller and works great for that as it's just so easy to get in/out of your car in a second which becomes sooo important when you've got a fussy baby. the indigo looks cool but i would not want to deal with folding it. i love my bjcm, huge hood, flat recline, tons of acces, windows to see baby, great storage, and it's just SO light which is so important for me, i hate hate hate lifting heavy strollers, makes me not use them. gl!

Thank you. My son is on the short side so it helps me to know your tall son still fits. I just want to make sure if I get the BJCM that it will last me some time. And it's good to know that you had it as your one and only stroller. So you also didn't find it too bulky or wide for mall trips or travel? The Indigo is a steal, but same as you...I don't think I want to deal with the fold. DS is a fussy one so something I can get in n out within a second is important to me too.

FieryOne1231
06-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Thanks everyone for your input! I guess I just have to re-evaluate what is MOST important to me because yeah...something does have to give. :shake:

FieryOne1231
06-01-2010, 04:07 PM
How did you get it for $93? Probably from diapers.com, but where does the 15% off come from? And how does bing come into play? I am seriously thinking about getting an Indigo for my 3 month old. Amazon has it for $119. I know diapers.com would price match. Do I have to call them? And do they have them in stock?

Laura

I price-matched Amazon's $124 (and yes, it's $119 now), used code MAY15 for the 15% off, and used bing cash back. You would sign up for a bing cashback account first. Log on to diapers.com through bing.com under "Cash Back Stores" and check out through that. You get the cash back later. But arivecchi is right...unfortunately, that discount code was only good for May :thumbsdown:. But who knows, maybe they'll have another one in June?? Good luck! :thumbsup:

PRmommy
06-01-2010, 11:22 PM
I use my mini mostly for my DS who is only 1 but DD is 4 and can still ride in it. She's 39" tall and a peanut for her age, but she still fits if we ever needed her to ride.

FieryOne1231
06-01-2010, 11:59 PM
I use my mini mostly for my DS who is only 1 but DD is 4 and can still ride in it. She's 39" tall and a peanut for her age, but she still fits if we ever needed her to ride.

I think the mini has sold me on the fold alone from the youtube video someone posted here. Since my boy is a peanut too...doesn't look like he'll outgrow any time soon from what you guys are saying. Plus, I think it'll be a better stroller for Disney and travel than the Indigo. Ok, decision made...finally! :signthankspin:

Suzanne74
06-02-2010, 09:06 AM
I think you will like the BJCM. Just please put a piece of cardboard or something in the lower back to keep the seat more stable and your child upright.

Seeing kids all slouched in these strollers just drives me INSANE:irked: It seems to be the first thing I look at when I see a mini. How slouched the kid is. :rotflmao:

satchnbucky
06-02-2010, 09:06 PM
I think you will like the BJCM. Just please put a piece of cardboard or something in the lower back to keep the seat more stable and your child upright.

I did this - made a big difference. It took some work to cut the cardboard to the right shape and size. I'm also thinking about getting a belly bar.
My LO seems to like to be a little slouchy though - he's a lazy boy! (And I know people say they will out grow them by height, but honestly, my guy is 50-75% for height at 15 mos, and he's got A LOT of room to grow. Unless he really sky rockets in the next 2 years)

FieryOne1231
06-03-2010, 11:08 AM

Seeing kids all slouched in these strollers just drives me INSANE:irked: It seems to be the first thing I look at when I see a mini. How slouched the kid is. :rotflmao:

Thanks for the tip! I vaguely remember someone mentioning about it not having much back support. Isn't there also one you could get from Baby Jogger? What is it called, and does it make a difference or just go with cardboard? I'm just wondering if their's is more comfortable or padded?

I did this - made a big difference. It took some work to cut the cardboard to the right shape and size. I'm also thinking about getting a belly bar.
My LO seems to like to be a little slouchy though - he's a lazy boy! (And I know people say they will out grow them by height, but honestly, my guy is 50-75% for height at 15 mos, and he's got A LOT of room to grow. Unless he really sky rockets in the next 2 years)

Definitely going to do this. Will you be able to see the cardboard? Or it goes inside somewhere? Thinking about getting the belly bar too because DS usually likes to put his feet on it or pull up on it. But for all the extras BJCM's charge you...I might hold off and see how he does without a belly bar...

TXErinC
06-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Definitely going to do this. Will you be able to see the cardboard? Or it goes inside somewhere? Thinking about getting the belly bar too because DS usually likes to put his feet on it or pull up on it. But for all the extras BJCM's charge you...I might hold off and see how he does without a belly bar...

There is a little velcro pouch on the back and it hides whatever you use to stiffen the seat back up. I actually put a hard plastic cutting board in there and it made a big difference.

PRmommy
06-03-2010, 03:12 PM
It's called a PE Board. My DS doesn't mind being slouchy and while I think it looks uncomfortable, he's happy as a clam so why mess with something that works. ;)

FieryOne1231
06-03-2010, 03:38 PM
There is a little velcro pouch on the back and it hides whatever you use to stiffen the seat back up. I actually put a hard plastic cutting board in there and it made a big difference.

:thanks:

It's called a PE Board. My DS doesn't mind being slouchy and while I think it looks uncomfortable, he's happy as a clam so why mess with something that works. ;)

Thanks. I guess I'll see if he's happy/comfortable in it and add it if he doesn't seem to like it. I sure hope he does after all mommy's research and indecisiveness! :tongue5:

jacksmoma
06-03-2010, 04:27 PM
get the belly bar so your baby can hold onto it and sit up straight :) works like a charm!

FieryOne1231
06-03-2010, 05:03 PM
get the belly bar so your baby can hold onto it and sit up straight :) works like a charm!

Will do :)

PRmommy
06-03-2010, 05:20 PM

So, then do you not strap your child in? My harness straps are pretty tight on DS. After hearing too many horror stories about run-away strollers I make sure that in the event the stroller were to tip or roll over he wouldn't fall out. If your child can reach the belly bar do you not harness them in?

jacksmoma
06-03-2010, 05:27 PM
oh no, i still strap in mainly...but when you've got two small ones there are times you need to just pop them in for a second w/o dealing with straps :) i had my first fall out of my mini onto the ground when he was a little over one as i did not strap him in OR have the belly bar! never again!

satchnbucky
06-03-2010, 09:34 PM

DS still slouches a bit even with the cardboard in there, but I think that's his choice! The cardboard makes it less hammock-y.
I hadn't thought of the plastic cutting board - that seems like a good option. I had also heard about using a three ring binder and removing the rings.
The cardboard gave just enough support IMO. I called baby jogger, they sell the PE board - it is $15 with shipping (I just figured I'd try the cardboard route before spending another $15).

Also, if you're looking to save money, I have the SK Buggy Buddy - depending on where you get it, it's $6-10. Works great. I actually bought the Baby jogger one first and liked the SK one better. It has two adjustable slots for cups (baby jogger just has one cup holder and one insulated holder for I guess a juice box - I couldnt' fit a large sippy in there). The SK has a large open section in the middle with a zip section. BJ has a secured insulated center section, which is nice. I'd pocket the $20 and put it towards the belly bar though!

FieryOne1231
06-03-2010, 09:43 PM
DS still slouches a bit even with the cardboard in there, but I think that's his choice! The cardboard makes it less hammock-y.
I hadn't thought of the plastic cutting board - that seems like a good option. I had also heard about using a three ring binder and removing the rings.
The cardboard gave just enough support IMO. I called baby jogger, they sell the PE board - it is $15 with shipping (I just figured I'd try the cardboard route before spending another $15).

Also, if you're looking to save money, I have the SK Buggy Buddy - depending on where you get it, it's $6-10. Works great. I actually bought the Baby jogger one first and liked the SK one better. It has two adjustable slots for cups (baby jogger just has one cup holder and one insulated holder for I guess a juice box - I couldnt' fit a large sippy in there). The SK has a large open section in the middle with a zip section. BJ has a secured insulated center section, which is nice. I'd pocket the $20 and put it towards the belly bar though!

Whatever works! And I actually just got the SK Buggy Buddy in today. Now...if I could just get the stroller in :tongue5: