PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else love the new JJB BFF?

swissair81
06-01-2010, 11:12 AM
http://ju-ju-be.com/ju-ju-blog/?p=916
http://ju-ju-be.com/ju-ju-blog/?p=939
http://ju-ju-be.com/ju-ju-blog/?p=948

I am also head over heels in love with the new print- Shadow Waltz. I am so hopeless. At least they aren't taking preorders until 6/21. Gives me time to get rid of something, so I can indulge in peace...

Momof3Labs
06-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I think that the print has a lot of universal appeal, whereas some of the other prints are more of an acquired taste. This new combo should sell well for them, I hope!

The BFF looks great but I'll probably stick with my BRB - I love having a totally separate compartment for eating stuff and diapering stuff!

MrsMcGwire
06-01-2010, 09:12 PM
I totally lovve them both!

aajamu
06-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Hmmm....shape and style sort of remind me of the PPB boxy backpack. Not a bad thing, since the boxy backpack is my fave diaper bag of all time. Downside: it is about the same price as the boxy backpack...

I like how they did away with the mesh pockets too, those always bugged me. I like how it is PVC free.

cath_b
06-02-2010, 01:38 AM
I think that the print has a lot of universal appeal, whereas some of the other prints are more of an acquired taste. This new combo should sell well for them, I hope!

The BFF looks great but I'll probably stick with my BRB - I love having a totally separate compartment for eating stuff and diapering stuff!

I'm an over packer so I love, love, love my JJB BRB. Have you ever pack that bottom compartment in? It seems bottomless to me. I have put 3 sets of clothes in there, a new pack of wipes, 2 training pants and 3 size 4 diapers, 1 tube of sunscreen, 1 tube of eucerin, 1 tube of eczema cream, & 1 roll of plastic bag for disposing of dirty diapers. I put all the food in the main compartment.

With DD's arrival in 2009, I have tried other diaper bags from Timi and Leslie, JJ Cole, and Petunia Pickle Bottom but nothing compares to the functionality and organization of my BRB. I am a backpack kind of girl and I love the sturdy backpack strap and the grab handle of the BRB which the PPB does not have. I tried to love the PPB but couldn't. I still use my BRB with 2 kids, since DS is now PTed I may need to downsize (sounds like an excuse for a new JJB). The new BFF might just be the right candidate. The same straps, the same grab handle...I'm liking it already.

I was about to order a whole bunch of JJBs i.e. Be Major, Be Light, & Be Quick, thank you to the OP for the links. I think I'll wait till June 21st.

P.S.
Guess who introduced me to JJB? My DH!

Momof3Labs
06-02-2010, 10:05 AM
I was about to order a whole bunch of JJBs i.e. Be Major, Be Light, & Be Quick, thank you to the OP for the links. I think I'll wait till June 21st.

P.S.
Guess who introduced me to JJB? My DH!

If you spend at least $25 at the store on ju-ju-be.com during the month of June, you get a free Dizzy Daisies coin pouch, while supplies last. Seems like a reason to start your shopping today, if you ask me!

swissair81
06-02-2010, 12:12 PM
I would have to agree with the universal appeal comment. Some of the prints aren't much better than the cutesy diaper bag my mom carried in the 80-90s.

I never tried a BRB. I didn't really want a backpack bag. I have a packabe & a beprepared though (ok fine, and I just got a befabulous). With close to 3 kids in diapers (I'm hoping I can tt my 3 year old soon, but she isn't buying it), I have an excuse. Sort of.

Minnifer
06-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Wow - I'm in the market for a backpack diaper bag and really like these. Not good as was hoping to spend much less $$$ ;-).

Is the BeFab exactly the same bag as the BFF except in leather? Also, does anyone know if these will be as heavy as JJBs typically are? I've avoided JJBs for that reason, plus I prefer bags w/less internal organization (I like to use my own little bags inside).

Swissair - you mentioned you just got a BeFab - are they available somewhere, or for pre-order somewhere? I couldn't figure that out from the site... p.s. I can't believe your mom carried diaper bags in the 80s and 90s - that would make me at least old enough to be your mom, lol!

swissair81
06-02-2010, 03:49 PM
JJB said the befab & BFF are very similar (but the befab doesn't have backpack straps). I believe it is 2.4 lbs with the messenger strap, 2.6 with the backpack straps & 2.8 with both. Or something like that. They mentioned it in their blog somwhere (maybe in the comments. Whatever, definitely under 3 lbs). They are shipping now. I got mine at www.littledudesanddivas.com. I think they only have the black though.

(I'm 29, but my youngest brother was born in 94, so...)

cath_b
06-08-2010, 03:05 AM
New fabric pattern, it's gorgeous! It will available in the BePrepared, B.F.F., BeAll, MightyBe, BeTween and BeQuick!

Darling, you look "mahvelous" (http://ju-ju-be.com/ju-ju-blog/?p=1021&cpage=1#comment-7656).

swissair81
06-08-2010, 07:16 AM
You beat me :D! I was just coming to update.

swissair81
06-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Is it true they are discontinuing the BRB?

Momof3Labs
06-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Yes, the BRB is discontinued.

swissair81
06-09-2010, 12:22 PM
So the big question is this. I have a Packabe in Lush Paisley. Is Midnight Eclipse a nicer enough pattern to sell the Paisley & get a new Packabe or BFF? I have to sell something or my dh will be billing me.