PDA

View Full Version : Need Relief at Work

OctoberMommy2010
06-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Hello! I hopped on quick (at work) because I am sitting at my desk in PAIN. I do mostly desk work and lately my poor behind and back are crying out for some relief. I try to get up every once in awhile and stretch or walk around but what am I supposed to do when I have to be working? Anyone know of a product (like a doughnut or something) that I could try out? I, along with my butt and back, thank you!

lizzywednesday
06-01-2010, 03:24 PM
We have fancy Aeron chairs at my office, but I can never get them to adjust properly, so I just used a rolled up beach blanket.

Try a beach towel for your lumbar region and I think there is a site for "keyboard yoga" that might help you with the other stuff.

HTH!

Kestrel
06-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Sometimes, it was more comfortable for my to type while standing than sitting. So, I just put a empty case of copy paper under my keyboard, tilted the screen, and stood part of the time. Easy, you might try it.

ewpmsw
06-01-2010, 10:14 PM
A friend who is a programmer recommends doing pelvic tilts. Not sure what your coworkers would think of that - Helps when I have to drive for a long time.

wellyes
06-01-2010, 10:18 PM
I schedule a 10 minute break every 1.5 hours to walk around a little bit. I literally put the breaks on my calendar. If I just sit I'm a mess at the end of the day.