PDA

View Full Version : To whomever I pi$$ed off in a former life...

wendibird22
06-01-2010, 09:28 PM
You win. I give. I call uncle.

I must have really pi$$ed someone off in a former life (cause I don't recall doing something that would invoke this much bad karma in this life). I've posted before about my girls being constantly sick this winter and spring. Well, DD2 (5mos) is sick AGAIN. This just 1.5wks after spending the weekend in the hospital ruling out an intestinal obstruction. Today I pick her up from daycare and she's coughing and I could tell immediately that it wasn't a normal cough and something was wrong. Thankfully I had picked her up earlier than normal and the ped's office was still open. So, I called right from the daycare parking lot and they allowed me to come right over (I love them!). Sure enough, they said she's got wheezing in her lungs that's bad enough to necessitate neb treatment and prednisone. And, of course, the visit wouldn't be complete without noting that one ear was starting to look infected and so back on another abx.

This poor child is constantly sick and this poor mama is sooooo exhausted by it all. DD1 was hardly ever sick, but man, her little sister is giving us a run for our money in that department.

Thank heavens for health insurance, but I can't even imagine how much $ we've racked up in copays and prescriptions.

So, if I've wronged you, you win, you can take the hex off my house now please!

ewpmsw
06-01-2010, 10:25 PM
That sounds awful all around. P's and PT's for your family and hopes that your DC feels better soon, with a nice, long stretch of good health.

wendibird22
06-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Thanks. We have a follow up at 11am today so I'm hoping that the ped will say it hasn't gotten worse. I really want to avoid a chest xray.

The ped's office keeps telling me to keep the faith because the summer weather means less illness. Um, yeah, that's what they told me a few months ago when spring was arriving. No such luck!

marge234
06-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Poor little thing. I'm so sorry. For all of you. Way more than your fair share. Hang in there mama.

wendibird22
06-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Well we ended up with a chest xray...just to be safe says the ped. It ended up only showing bronchitis thankfully. But, here I am trying to keep a 5mos and almost 3yo happy at the peds for the follow up check up and then down the road at the radiologist. And of course we are waiting and waiting and waiting cause one patient was "taking too long" according to them. What?! There's 2 radiologists, one is sitting at the front desk and was the one who did DD2's xray, and yet we are waiting? You have one xray machine? And of course it is approaching lunch time so DD1 is getting cranky and DD2 is now hungry cause she last nursed at 10:30am and it's now 1pm. And twice DD1 had to use the potty and she's potty training so I couldn't not take her right away. So I'm trying to pack up DD2 who's screaming and DD1 and the diaper bag and help her on the big potty. I needed like 10 extra hands!

The good news is that the ped said DD2s lungs are already sounding better than just yesterday. I'm so so ready to be done with all this sickness.

maylips
06-02-2010, 02:34 PM
I feel you. My kids are about the same age-apart as yours and I can't tell you how many times I wonder how mamas with more than 2 kids deal with the multi-tasking. That radiologist at the front desk must not have had kids or he/she wouldn't have made you wait!