PDA

View Full Version : Leg cramps!

firemama
06-02-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I am 34 weeks and experiencing leg cramps almost daily. I either get them when I'm lying down or stretch my leg/foot in a weird way. I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard eating bananas helps. I've been having one every day for over a week, and they are still occurring.

What did you do for leg cramps?

Minnifer
06-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Magnesium supplements helped a lot with this (that and constipation, lol!). Before starting them mention it to your OB.

HonoluluMom
06-02-2010, 04:41 PM
I got pretty bad calf cramps during pregnancy as well. I just did some stretches and they eventually went away.

BabyMine
06-04-2010, 04:32 PM
I ate bananas when I would get leg cramps. They helped sometimes but stretching worked the best.

ewpmsw
06-04-2010, 07:44 PM
I've been getting leg cramps plus restless leg stuff at night. Glad to see magnesium might help. I was never sure RLS was a real thing until I was pregnant.

AnnieW625
06-05-2010, 02:40 AM
It sounds silly but pinch your upper lip as soon as you feel one coming on. I had really bad leg cramps with DD1 and this helped soo much. I got this advice from my mom.

Yes if you don't have a lot of potassium in your diet you can get leg cramps. Huge bummer if you are like me and can't stand the taste or smell of bananas (even in smoothies).

BeccaB.
06-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Stretching definitely helps. Also flexing your foot (opposite of pointing) really helps. Stops it almost immediately once it starts. I don't know why that works. A friend told me to try it and it has always worked for me.

Hope that helps.