PDA

View Full Version : Double stroller help needed - please!!

saddie23
06-02-2010, 05:03 PM
I need double stroller help ASAP! DD1 is 20 mos and DC2 is about to arrive (this week!) I purchased a BJCED that I plan to use for neighborhood walks, trips to zoo, etc. I've used it once so far (DC2 has still not arrived) and it was great - definitely big but worth it! I also purchased a BJCMD that I planned to keep in the car. I have the Chicco Keyfit and planned to get the Chicco carseat adapter for the BJCMD - I figured I would keep it on the BJCMD until the baby was out of the infant seat, and lay the baby flat in the BJCED when we used that stroller.

The Chicco adapter is finally available so I got it last week and installed it this past weekend. I hate it! It's super heavy and it probably adds almost 10 lbs to my lightweight BJCMD! And, the car seat sits weirdly in it - it doesn't snap in at all, and it doesn't even "sit" in the notches of the adapter (I already called Baby Jogger and verified that I do have the adapter installed correctly). The design is just terrible and even without the added weight, I just don't think the car seat is very stable in the stroller.

So I don't know what to do. I love the BJCMD but I really wanted something for my car that would accomodate a car seat. I know many people recommend laying the baby flat and not using a car seat at all, or wearing the baby, but those are just not great options for me. In the cases we want to lay the baby flat, we can use the BJCED. I do not think that I overuse the infant car seat and there are just a lot of instances where it is way more convenient to keep the baby in there.

So can anyone recommend a good double stroller for the car, that will take a Chicco car seat? I also don't think DD1 is ready for a true sit n stand or stroller buggy board yet so I'd like one that has an actual seat for her, at least for a while longer. I am thinking of the Joovy Ergo Caboose (I like that the baby is in the back on this one) - any comments on this one? Or I've read about some of the Valcos but they are not available in my area to test. I bought the BJCMD from Diapers.com and they are letting me return it for a credit (because of course we threw out the original packaging!) so I have to get something from them, and I'd like it to be in the price range of the BJCMD ($400).

(Ugh, I am so irritated with the whole situation because I thought I had it all figured out!)

Thank you!

salsah
06-02-2010, 06:18 PM
i would keep the bjcmd and put the baby directly into the stroller. however if you want something that you can use just for the first few months that takes a car seat, you can check out the aria 60/40. you can probably find one on cl for around $100. that could be your car stroller (it's super light) for use indoors with the car seat. when you don't need the car seat compatibility anymore, you can sell it and then use the bjcmd for your car stroller.

or, you can get the bjcs instead of the bjcmd.

BSax
06-04-2010, 03:46 PM
joovy caboose ultralight should get you through the months that the baby is in the carseat all the time and then you can sell it on craigslist and go to just putting the baby in the city mini double directly