PDA

View Full Version : The Anticipation/Disappointment

fortato
06-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Saw my midwife yesterday, she did some diddling around, stripped some membranes and said that things should get moving in 24 hours....

So of course, I didn't run my errands yesterday, I came home, packed, weeped over what could possibly be the last few hours of being a mommy to just Jack, and just generally freaked out because the time could be coming....

Well.... it's 25 hours after, and all I have to show for it is a packed bag, some odd contractions and a lot of Facebook messages wishing me good luck.

I was SO spoiled last time. Jack came 3 weeks early, my water broke in the middle of the night, so someone was home to take me to the hospital when the time came, I didn't have to worry about who will be there to watch DS if my mom was at work.

I sort of understand why the woman I used to babysit for had planned C Sections... she KNEW when the baby was coming and didn't have to play this waiting game.

Ugh. I just want him to be born already!

truly scrumptious
06-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Just wanted to say congratulations! Good luck, and :hug:

Katigre
06-03-2010, 12:31 PM
:hug Hang in there - your baby will come soon.

ewpmsw
06-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Good luck and congrats! DD #1 was supposed to be born a month early and ended up being a week past the EDD. So frustrating! Sending you good thoughts for a safe, happy delivery in its own time.

catroddick
06-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Hang in there! Hard labor will start and you will wonder what you where in such a hurry for!

Warm, happy thoughts for meeting your little one!!

becca_g
06-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Here's hoping the little one decides to move things along soon!

:grouphug:

KrisM
06-03-2010, 02:47 PM
It's so hard waiting!! How many days late are you?

flamingo
06-03-2010, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't worry- as my midwife says "Amazingly all babies are born on their birthday" in other words babies come at their own time. Also the way EDD are figured is highly questinable- it's from your last period but the length of time between menstraution and ovulation can fluxate A LOT! So you may not be "late" at all... of course ultrasounds can better place the baby's conception but those too are inaccurate to a degree... BTW I am also a little surprised your midwife stripped your membranes. That doesn't sound very "midwifey" to me. Most of them do as few interventions as possible, especially since now you risk infection with your amniotic sac being broken. (FYI to everyone, sometimes the water doesn't break at all and the baby is born in the amniotic sac- it's known as being born "in the caul" and perfectly healthy and considered a sign of good luck in some cultures.) Also I wouldn't envy your friend's c-section. With all the risks and increased healing time and whatnot of such a MAJOR abdominal surgery, it's not worth it.
In any case though, I hope you have a great birth and congrats!

BabyMine
06-04-2010, 04:31 PM
I had my membranes stripped and nothing happened. Your little one will come soon don't worry. Anticipation is sooo hard when all you want to do is hold your new little one.