PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS: carrying case / accessories?

jhamman
06-03-2010, 03:33 PM
We just ordered a Nintendo DS Lite for our 6yo DS;
does anyone have any recommendations
for carrying cases or shock-proof skins for a DS Lite ?

Our DS has been pretty careful with his Leapster,
so maybe I shouldn't be too concerned about this?
In your experience, can the DS Lite can stand up to the occasional bump or jolt ?

Also, are there other DS accessories (extra batteries, extra styluses, etc)
we should be buying at the same time?

Thanks for your help and advice !

bnme
06-03-2010, 04:05 PM
We have the Nerf case for the DSi. It has worked out well. I also purchased a 3 pack of extra styluses and so far we haven't run out (6 months later). I also have a case for the cartridges, which I highly recommend because they are so small and easy to use.

jhamman
06-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks, something like the Nerf case is just what I was looking for!

Any particular recommendations on the case for the games?

Thanks again!

GonnaBeNana
06-03-2010, 08:54 PM
My daughters both have DS lites and they have "backpacks" for them. Both are made for the DS and they have a place for the DS, games, styli, cables, etc. Walmart has them and they are great for travel.

Beth

new_mommy25
06-04-2010, 05:17 AM
We had the nerf armor when we first got the DS. It worked fine. The DS was dropped a few times with no damage done. The armor did eventually fall apart over time and I didn't feel the need to replace it. Now my son uses a Pokemon case from Gamestop. It is a padded case with room for the DS, a few stylus, and extra games. The rest of his games are stored at home in their case in a plastic shoebox.

Tondi G
06-04-2010, 12:42 PM
My DS started out with a smaller case that held the DS, a couple of stylus, and 6 games or so. When he outgrew that we got him a case that looks like a little black briefcase... it holds a lot more games, the DS, his charger, car charger etc. DS2 now has a DS and he is using DS1's first case!

The larger one is similar to this

http://www.amazon.com/DSi-Ultimate-Travel-Case-Nintendo-DS/dp/B0035LBLV8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1275669524&sr=1-1

we had Nerf armor for a little while but my son didn't like that the DS wouldn't fit in his little case with the armor on. He has some skins on his DS now like this. the stickers on the outside are quite thick and provide a bit of padding.

http://www.amazon.com/Club-Penguin-Nintendo-DS-Lite-Skin/dp/B001OTKV8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1275669644&sr=8-1-catcorr