PDA

View Full Version : YOU go somewhere else!

PunkyBoo
06-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Ugh. It's been really nice that DH has been able to work from home a lot lately, especially since he used to work so much we never saw him. HOWEVER, come on, how am Isupposed to keep the boys quiet and enertained and out of your way and away from your stuff (laptop, cords, calculator, etc.) all day??? Our "home office" is part of our dining room in a VERY open floor plan... so living room, dining room and kitchen are essentially the same space. So I took Boo outside in the backyard for a while this morning while Punkin was at school so that DH could get some stuff done and take a phone call. Well, after about 20 minutes, Boo tripped and face-planted on the concrete patio... split his lip and bloody nose. Yes, I HAD to bring him inside!! And the boys and I were having so much fun building a block "city" for Boo's stuffed bunny, we got super silly... and DH was grumbling about not being able to get anything done. HELLO?!?! I'm DOING my job- I'm a SAHM! I offered to help him set up a desk in our bedroom and he declined. Go do your job somewhere else! I can't keep the boys out of the house all day!
grumble, grumble... just needed to get that off my chest!

ewpmsw
06-04-2010, 01:54 PM
If you offered him a solution and he declined, sounds like it's his turn to come up with a compromise you can both live with. We have the same problems at our house. I can't stand when DH "works from home". Snow days, vacation days, evenings when he has class and school work... Ugh. I appreciate all that he does to provide for our family, but when he's home, DD and I are so much in his way. I try to get him to set up and work from a space we won't be in; we discuss times of conference calls and try to coordinate so his calls line up with naps. I've heard a lot of other SAHM's complain about this issue. A friend tells her husband, "You being here during the day is like me coming and sitting in your cubicle all day at work. You're in my space."

Sorry I don't have any solutions, but I can offer you my sympathy. Has your DH suggested that you and DC leave the house for the day yet? Whoa-ho, that was a fun conversation!

khalloc
06-04-2010, 02:26 PM
I hate when DH works from home, and I am not a SAHM. Can't imagine being home with kids everyday and be expected to keep them quiet so DH can use the house as his own office. Ugh!

elephantmeg
06-04-2010, 03:17 PM
sounds like he needs to find a close coffee shop to hang out in and just come home for meals/breaks.