PDA

View Full Version : Best out of these 3: Peg aria, inglesina expresso, or quinny zapp?

alumina
06-04-2010, 11:00 AM
I am needing a lightweight stroller that can fit in my mini Cooper boot. My dd is almost 11 months and close to max length on her chicco kf so don't need it to fit car seat. I found out through mini forums that these 3 strollers will fit in the boot, but no feedback as to how good these are. At best the nearest store with these are 1 hr away so I'd love to narrow it down! Which is the best when it comes to baby comfort, steering, & sun protection? I need it for errand running primarily but ideally will replace our chicco trevi. I'm only 5' so I'm not worried about kicking back of stroller--just quality & fold. Thanks!

arivecchi
06-04-2010, 11:23 AM
IMO, the best quality stroller is the Inglesina. If they have them at diapers.com, you can order them for 10% off if it is your first order and they have free next day shipping and free returns. The Aria is good for the mall but not much else as it is a really bumpy ride.

jacksmoma
06-04-2010, 12:20 PM
inglesina is the best quality out of those three- not the zapp b/c it is really hard to fold and you have to bend down to the ground to lift it up once folded and it has no recline. aria is made out of a lot of plastic too..

salsah
06-04-2010, 06:05 PM
the aria is nice for indoor use. no experience with the espresso but i can't imagine that you could go wrong with an inglesina.

the zapp is nice but i don't think that reclines.

do you have measurements? the bjcm fold is pretty compact. unless you already heard on the mini forum that the bjcm does not fit, you can ask someone here to measure their bjcm folded.

strollerqueen
06-04-2010, 08:38 PM
I've had all three. The Espresso fold is much bigger than the other two. It has been discontinued for a few years. I currently have the Zapp and Aria. I like both. But the Zapp has a short hood, no recline, and complicated fold. Aria has huge canopy and basket, and easy fold. I am wondering if there are some differences in model years of the Aria. Because a lot of people really love it, and a lot of people hate it. I am in the love it camp. :love5: But yeah, I wouldn't be thrilled with either outdoors.

arivecchi
06-04-2010, 08:39 PM
SQ, I love the Aria at the mall and indoors but loathe it outdoors. LOL!

salsah
06-05-2010, 12:20 AM
I am wondering if there are some differences in model years of the Aria. Because a lot of people really love it, and a lot of people hate it. I am in the love it camp. :love5: But yeah, I wouldn't be thrilled with either outdoors.

i think so. the first one i bought (5 years ago) was much better quality than the one (an OH) i bought a few years ago. i thought i was upgrading with the one hand fold and the larger canopy, but right out of the box, i could tell that the quality wasn't as good. a friend of mine bought an aria recently (an MT i think, it is newer than my first one, but before the OH) and she complains that it gets stuck when she's trying to close it and open it. apparently that is a common complaint.

but sometimes people don't like something because either it isn't a right fit for them or they don't understand it. i can't tell you how many complaints i've read about the floating harness. people complain that the harness doesn't stay attached to the seat back and they can't understand why PP made such a lousy clip attachment. they don't get that it isn't supposed to stay attached. (i personally love the floating harness. my kids did too.)

AnnieW625
06-05-2010, 03:07 AM
a friend of mine bought an aria recently (an MT i think, it is newer than my first one, but before the OH) and she complains that it gets stuck when she's trying to close it and open it. apparently that is a common complaint.

I have never owned an Aria, but I had a Peg Perego Pliko with DD1 (2003) and my stroller got stuck all of the time trying to open and close it. It drove me batty soo much that as soon as DD1 turned 3 mos. old I was out shopping for Maclaren Triumphs.

I think I would go with an Inglesina stroller today if I wanted a traditional carriage stroller. I love the one handed fold on the Zippy.

roseyloxs
06-05-2010, 10:12 AM
I am at the in-laws and apparently have too much time on my hands but I found this blog post about fitting a maxi-cosi foray into the mini cooper boot. If that stroller will fit, I think you options are broader then you might realize.

http://bunnymendelbaum.blogspot.com/2009/11/yipppee-cool-stroller-that-fits-in.html

Pictures are included in the blog. Also she went to a store and made sure the stroller fit before purchasing. Sounds like a great idea and I would try to do that if possible.

Abby
06-05-2010, 05:15 PM
I owned both the Inglesina and the aria, Inglesina was my choice because it's better quality and was easier to fold & unfold. You could even do the hour drive just to look at the strollers you like and then buy one online, it's probably cheaper too.