PDA

View Full Version : Stroller Stores in SF--Need Recommendations!!!

new_mom_mry
06-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Hi all. We are going to be in SF this wknd, which is somewhat of a rare treat in terms of shopping opportunities (we live in Monterey). Can someone familiar with the city recommend stores where I'll be able to find various strollers (especially the First Years Indigo) or at least other popular brands? I'd love to see them in person before buying online, and despite knowing the city really well, I've never had to shop for baby stuff there :)

Basically, I am looking for places with great customer service, and care less about the prices, since I'll likely be buying online anyway. If the stores you recommend carry additional baby gear/items, that would be an added bonus!

Thanks so much in advance!!!

YouAreTheFocus
06-04-2010, 02:28 PM
I live nearby, and I've only been to one baby store in SF that had a decent stroller section--Citikids. It seems like most of the SF stores are pretty boutique-y--small selection of high end items.

If you can stop off on the way into SF, I highly recommend Lullaby Lane in San Bruno. It's the biggest/best baby store in the bay area (I believe it is ranked in the baby bargains book!). Lots of strollers, and you can take them outside to test them.

Btw, I am interested in the Indigo as well, and haven't been able to locate it anywhere. I even called First Years, and they couldn't find a store in Nor Cal that carries it.

crl
06-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Citikids is a good choice for selection. I had an encounter with a not at all knowledgeable salesman there though so definitely don't rely on them for info. Also their prices are usually really high. So I'd suggest looking there and ordering online.

By the way if you like dim sum, Citikids is very close to Good Luck Dim Sum, which has yummy and super cheap dim sum.

Enjoy the City!
Catherine

new_mom_mry
06-04-2010, 02:52 PM
@YouAreTheFocus--thanks so much for your advice! I will definitely check out Lullababy Lane in San Bruno. Conveniently, we are spending the first night in Burlingame, so this place will be on the way. I will also check out Citikids, which got great Yelp reviews, and was already on my list :)
@crl--I LOVE dim sum normally, but we shall see what my pregnancy appetite will dictate...I am ~17 weeks, and finding things that I would really like to eat can still be a challenge, especially for lunch and dinner :)

sunnyside
06-04-2010, 03:19 PM
I second checking out Lullaby Lane. I was just there and they showed me the BOB and everything about it. Pretty much sold me.

Also, one of my favorite restaurants in SF is about a block from Citikids. It's called "Q". Or if you're more in the mood for a sandwich and ice cream, "The Toy Boat" is about two blocks away.

Have fun!:bighand:

lhafer
06-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Just put my Indigo together...love it so far (though I've only strolled it around the house!). Hope you can find something you like in SF! Have a great trip. Here are some pics of my (errr, my daughter's :p) new stroller!!

My oldest is 4 years old - she's tall for it - her head was hitting the canopy, but only weighs about 31 pounds and was a breeze to push around.

My baby is 3 months old and loves to face me when we walked around. She had a smile on her face the whole time!

The car seat is a Graco Snugride 35. It snaps into place on the front, and I used the strap to go where a seat belt install would go to secure the bottom half. Felt very secure.

It's high enough to pull up to a normal height table (for restaurants, etc).

Laura

new_mom_mry
06-04-2010, 07:22 PM
aww thanks for posting the pics! your girls are really cute :) do you think the Indigo is appropriate for newly born infants too when it's in the fully reclined mode? I can't tell from the pictures whether it FULLY reclines or almost fully reclines! Someone commented earlier than infants shouldn't spend too much time in their car seats when they are outside of the car, so that's one feature of Indigo that I really like, but want to verify!

lhafer
06-04-2010, 07:51 PM
if it were me, I would be fine using this stroller for a new born. But I would want to get a Snuggler or something similar to keep their head in check, and provide a little body support. I have a snuggler on my BJCC that I may use on this stroller...but it's pink, so may need a new one! ;)

The pic of the baby is semi reclined.

TwoBees
06-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Yes, the Indigo fully reclines. So much so that I actually CAN'T use it fully reclined for DD because of her reflux.