PDA

View Full Version : Bing cashback going away

caheinz
06-04-2010, 02:16 PM
http://www.bing.com/community/blogs/search/archive/2010/06/04/a-farewell-to-bing-cashback.aspx

Last day to earn cashback is 30 July 2010.

GonnaBeNana
06-04-2010, 02:20 PM
That stinks! I just found out about it a month ago and have used it twice already. I'd planned on using it more often. Diapers.com is having a sale from the 10th to the 30th so I guess I'll have to get what I can from there by then.

Beth

truly scrumptious
06-04-2010, 02:28 PM
That stinks! I just found out about it a month ago and have used it twice already.

There's always ebates.com and fatwallet.com.

But I agree, it stinks. Thanks, OP, for the heads up.

ett
06-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Oh that's a bummer. I've earned about $160 cashback from Bing already. They had the best percentages for a whole bunch of stores.

wellyes
06-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Well that will simplify my online shopping! Oh well. Nice while it lasted.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
06-04-2010, 04:40 PM
I've earned almost $300!!!!! Buying DD's big girl bed and all the stuff for it, plus other stuff. I am SO BUMMED!

poohbear
06-04-2010, 07:06 PM
What!?! Oh no! I :love5: bing!!!!

becca_g
06-04-2010, 08:09 PM
We are writing to notify you that the Bing cashback program will be discontinued, and the last day to earn cash back on your Bing Shopping purchases will be July 30, 2010.

Until July 30, 2010 9:00 pm PST, it’s business as usual so continue to take advantage of great offers from your favorite merchants. You can redeem all of your earned cashback savings consistent with the cashback terms and conditions and access the Bing cashback customer support system through July 30, 2011. We encourage you to redeem your cashback savings and to further support redemption, we are waiving the $5 minimum payout effective July 31, 2010. To assist with prompt delivery of your cashback earnings, please visit http://cashbackaccount.bing.com to ensure your account information is current. For more details and answers to your questions, please visit our frequently asked questions page.

Thank you very much for being a loyal cashback user. We remain committed to delivering great value to our customers, and we are currently working on an exciting new program which you will hear more about from us later this summer.

TwinFoxes
06-04-2010, 09:45 PM
I have such a love hate relationship with Bing. When it worked it was great. But I always had to harass them for cash back, and once they said the merchant said I placed the order for someone else so I wasn't entitled to my 20% cashback. So annoying. I bet they realized it was more trouble than it was worth to administer the program. I never use Bing if I'm not doing Bing shopping, so I'm not sure it will benefit them in the longterm.

conniez
06-05-2010, 01:15 AM
I have such a love hate relationship with Bing. When it worked it was great. But I always had to harass them for cash back, and once they said the merchant said I placed the order for someone else so I wasn't entitled to my 20% cashback. So annoying. I bet they realized it was more trouble than it was worth to administer the program.

:yeahthat: They probably lost too much $ paying the team to cancel cash back in the hopes customers wouldn't dispute it :innocent:

salsah
06-05-2010, 01:44 AM
I have such a love hate relationship with Bing. When it worked it was great. But I always had to harass them for cash back, and once they said the merchant said I placed the order for someone else so I wasn't entitled to my 20% cashback. So annoying. I bet they realized it was more trouble than it was worth to administer the program. I never use Bing if I'm not doing Bing shopping, so I'm not sure it will benefit them in the longterm.

:yeahthat: i don't have time to follow up with cash back on every order i make. so i never check my account to see if i got my $2 from my last gap purchase. the only time i checked was for a large amount and sure enough they didn't give it to me. i took the time to deal with contacting them and proving that they owe me because it was a large amount, but i can't do that every time. i'm almost glad that it is ending, so i don't have to feel guilty for not bothering with them.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
06-05-2010, 02:00 AM
I have never had an issue with them, but I think I am the only one....

kellybelly0513
06-05-2010, 07:52 AM
I never had an issue getting my money back either.

In the email though it says they have lifted the $5 min. for getting your cashback since the program will be ending. So I went to claim my money (only $2.50) and it still won't let me claim it since it is less than $5.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
06-05-2010, 12:12 PM

In the email though it says they have lifted the $5 min. for getting your cashback since the program will be ending. So I went to claim my money (only $2.50) and it still won't let me claim it since it is less than $5.

Maybe it is after it ends? In August?

FieryOne1231
06-05-2010, 12:40 PM
I only just discovered it recently so that's a bummer that it's ending. But I was also wondering how long before you get your cash back? All mine still says "pending" in the account. Do they mail you a check?

ett
06-05-2010, 01:10 PM
I only just discovered it recently so that's a bummer that it's ending. But I was also wondering how long before you get your cash back? All mine still says "pending" in the account. Do they mail you a check?

It's pending for 60 days and then you can request a check, paypal, or some other options.

Jo..
06-05-2010, 01:29 PM
I love Bing. I earned almost $350 from them in the last 6 months. I never had a single issue with getting cash back, and I frequently stacked coupon codes too (which some people said wouldn't work with cash back).

It sure was nice while it lasted, and I will miss it.

Melbel
06-05-2010, 03:40 PM
With well over $800 in about 1.5 years or so, most of which was from drugstore.com (diapers, formula, shampoo, sunscreen etc. with no sales tax, drugstore $ and 20% cash back), I will definitely miss bing. While I did have to follow up more often than I liked, I always received the cb. The other cb sites do not come anywhere close IME. :(

I hope the new program they are working on is worthwhile. If not, they will have lost me as a site navigator because it was the only reason I ever visted bing.com.

LD92599
06-05-2010, 04:13 PM
I've gotten alot of bing $$ back, close to $2K but that's mostly because of buying camera equipment etc when ebay CB was 30%!

I rarely had a problem with bing and will certainly miss it. Ebates just don't cut it lately and i never did receive my 5/15 payment from them either.

What are the other big sites for cash back? Fatwallet? mr rebates? What else?

Dream
06-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I prefer Bing over Ebates. Oh well.

ett
06-07-2010, 12:21 AM
[QUOTE=LD92599;2745790
What are the other big sites for cash back? Fatwallet? mr rebates? What else?[/QUOTE]

If you have a Discover card, Shop Discover has the best percentages some sites.

Octobermommy
06-07-2010, 10:57 AM

July 31 you can redeem less
than $5

shellyagal
06-09-2010, 01:20 PM
I am a regular online frugal shopper and mostly use cash back portals like Bing, ShopAtHome, AAfter Search and Ebates.