PDA

View Full Version : New, very physical job - what to eat?

Kestrel
06-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Kind of wierd question, I know. DS is going to be 16 mo shortly, and I've finally lost all but the last three pounds of "baby pudge", though I still need to loose a couple of inches.

I've gotten a job assignment to cover someone else's maternity leave. This job is extremely physical, lifting, moving and stacking 30-80 pound boxes between four to six hours of my day, four days a week. With the increased workload, I'm ravenously hungry. Any suggestions as to what kind of things I should add to my diet to work this hard, without adding fat? I realize that I may actually gain weight & muscle doing this. But there's got to be a better "supplement" than a breaktime snickers bar!

(PS - I am egg and shellfish allergic)

egoldber
06-05-2010, 03:53 PM
I keep cashews in my desk at work. I also cut up veggies like carrots and celery and snack on those at will.

cvanbrunt
06-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Nuts, lowfat string cheese, nonfat yogurt with the highest protein count you can find, Luna bars, edamamme, and my favorite veggie snack is sugar snap peas.

pb&j
06-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Hummus with carrots or crackers.

wellyes
06-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Do you have access to a fridge at work? I'd get some flavored whey protein, mix with milk and you have a delicious energy-boosting shake. Try this one: http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Standard-Chocolate-5-15-Pound/dp/B000QSNYGI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1275794138&sr=1-1 You can mix it with water instead but milk's better.

Or a good old PB&J.