PDA

View Full Version : Which Exersaucer should I buy?

Abby
06-05-2010, 07:26 PM
I debating between

evenflo triple fun - jungle
evenflo smartsteps - abc
baby einstein around the world,

but very open to other ones. I heard evenflo 3 in 1's, because they come apart, sometimes have issues with the seat not turning smoothly. Considering also the fun factor for baby which saucer should I get?

lhafer
06-05-2010, 07:32 PM
I got this one 4 years ago for my dd1, so not sure if it's available anymore. But she LOVED it!! And now her 3 month old sister has just this past week started spending a little time in there and loves it as well.

http://www.mysears.com/Evenflo-Mega-Exersaucer-Circus-reviews

I like it because it has interchangable toys, the height is adjustable, and it folds up for more compact storage.

After looking at Amazon, this seems to be the new, updated version of my old excersaucer: http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-6161919-Evenfo-Farmyard-ExerSaucer/dp/B001H0GGTQ/ref=amb_link_86052471_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=1XXBB928J8PBJMWBSJNM&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=499614211&pf_rd_i=B000BKTEYC

It kind of looked like the Baby Einstein one was a little over loaded with stuff = overstimulation for the baby faster. They don't need a whole lot of different stuff during the age they use this equipment. Personally I would get one with fewer stuff that has the ability to interchange different toys which would keep it new and different for the little one.

In reality, I think they are all pretty much the same. So get which ever one you think is cutest. Or cheapest.

Momof3Labs
06-05-2010, 07:54 PM
I don't think it really matters much. We have two very different saucers and the girls don't really seem to notice a difference. Except, easy to clean is nice as poop and spit-up is pretty common in a saucer, it seems.

SnuggleBuggles
06-05-2010, 07:57 PM
I voted the BE one b/c of the price (I think that even the basic, most simple one would be fine) and the other ones almost look too overstimulating.

Beth

♥ms.pacman♥
06-05-2010, 08:24 PM
i have the Triple Fun exersaucer (jungle) for my DS. he LOVES it. never had a problem with turning the seat. i like the various sounds it makes..pretty cool and not annoying.

i got it with 20% off coupon at BRU. i know u can get great deals for used ones off Craigslist etc, but my DH is not a fan of buying anything used for DS.

KpbS
06-05-2010, 08:33 PM
I bought mine at a biannual mom's consignment sale--I highly recommend finding one used. It was $15 and is still in great shape.

catsnkid
06-05-2010, 08:55 PM
I own the baby einstein one.. I swear to god that my son learned cat and dog from it. They have the same one at daycare and also an evenflo. The Einstein seems more secure to me.

KrisM
06-05-2010, 09:06 PM
I had a really plain one and the kids all loved it. I can't imagine spending $100 on a something that gets 30 minutes of use a day for 3 months. I too bought one used at a mom2mom sale for $15. I actually had 2 of them - one upstairs and one down.

srhs
06-06-2010, 12:17 AM
cheapest one

GraceH
06-07-2010, 11:39 PM
I wouldn't get one... they're such a space hog, always being tripped over - difficult to move from room to room - PITA to store/hide - limited time frame of usefulness for all your frustration & money... if you must get one, check Craigslist for a gently used one for cheap, so you won't feel badly getting rid of it in a few months.

poohbear
06-08-2010, 01:26 AM
My LO :love5: his exersaucer. I would see if you can find one at a garage sale or on CL. Everything on them is washable (seat is machine washable, pieces generally come off or you can wipe it down with clorox wipes or a bleach solution). It's a great thing to have - especially if you want to take a shower!!!
FWIW - I dont' think it matters which one. We got one of ours at a multiples resale - it's an evenflo. My mom has a baby einstein. DS never seemed to really have a preference for one or the other. He liked both :)

lowrioh
06-08-2010, 08:47 AM
I would also recommend trying to borrow one or finding a used one. I was at a thrift store yesterday and they had 2 that were marked at $10 each.