PDA

View Full Version : Enough already AF!

wendibird22
06-05-2010, 08:36 PM
So at 5, almost 6 months postpartum AF has returned. Fine. I enjoyed the AF-free ride while it lasted but I'm ok with having her return as it'll keep my from wondering if our BC failed. But, she arrived last Friday night and has not left. Just when I think she's leaving she comes back strong. I'm soooo sick of her. I feel like I just had a baby where the flow periodically gets heavy. Will you just go away now please!!!

MamaSnoo
06-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Sorry to hear that......I broke a personal record (except post-partum) with 14 days last month.

Hope AF leaves you soon!

DrSally
06-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Sorry. I hope it will even out as the months go on. I found I had much heavier AF's after DS and then even moreso after DD.

gatorsmom
06-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Sorry. I hope it will even out as the months go on. I found I had much heavier AF's after DS and then even moreso after DD.

:yeahthat: After every pregnancy mine have gotten worse and worse. It's now so heavy on the first 2 days that I"m afraid to leave the house. I soak through everything very quickly and have even had a few embarassing accidents. ugh!!

Op, sorry you are having to go through that. AF sucks.

wendibird22
06-06-2010, 07:08 AM
Thanks gang. I honestly don't remember what AF was like after DD1. Why does mother nature have to bee so cruel? Shouldn't we be handsomely rewarded for having endured childbirth? I'm on day 9 and no sign of ending.

I started the mini pill last week too so I'm sure that probably has something to do with why things are all wonky.

DrSally
06-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks gang. I honestly don't remember what AF was like after DD1. Why does mother nature have to bee so cruel? Shouldn't we be handsomely rewarded for having endured childbirth?...

I started the mini pill last week too so I'm sure that probably has something to do with why things are all wonky.

ITA!

BTW, maybe it's actually "breakthrough bleeding" from the minipill? Are you taking it at *exactly* the same time each day? I've heard that's very important for the minipill.