PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your favorite cloth pads

firemama
06-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Since I am planning on using cloth diapers for our first born, I figured I should probably consider using cloth pads for post-delivery. Since I haven't used pads in over 10 years, the thought of those thick plastic pads doesn't sound appealing anymore.

What are your favorite cloth pads? I've seen GladRags, Willow Pads and Lunapads online.

♥ms.pacman♥
06-05-2010, 11:44 PM
i've used lunapads before. comfy, cute patterns, very nice customer service.

i didn't use them for post-delivery though. i got a lot of disposabes from hospital anyway. didn't want to deal with washing pads etc while having a newborn. IMO washing pads is more complicated than washing cloth dipes. also, to have enough cloth pads (especially for the insane *waterfall* amt of blood that comes out in the few days/weeks postpartum) you'd need to spend a decent amt of $$, or do laundry like multiple times a day.

billysmommy
06-06-2010, 10:46 PM
I've gotten some from these WAHM's over on hyenacart
If they don't have anything up for sale right now, you can always contact them and see if they have time to do a custom order

Go with the Flo ~ http://hyenacart.com/GoWithTheFlo/
Pink Lemonade ~ http://hyenacart.com/pinklemonade/
Ama'z Padz ~ http://hyenacart.com/AmazPadz/

citymama
06-07-2010, 01:10 AM
You could also go with something disposable but unplasticky, like Seventh Generation overnights. You'll only need them a few weeks, so not sure it's worth investing in a large number of cloth pads.

brittone2
06-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Bought some new ones this time around for post partum, and my favs hands-down were the Pink Lemonade ones. I think Domino on hyenacart gets good reviews too. I have some other cheapos, but I really like the P.L. ones. I bought some cheaper postpartum pads (the huge honkin ones) since they won't be used as much. I bought nicer 8 and 9 inch pads and pantiliners, since I'll use those more often (and the pantiliners are a nice backup for the diva cup once AF returns)

MommyAllison
06-07-2010, 12:35 PM
I bought some Ultimate II pads from www.hyenacart.com/homesteademporium for PP, and they were wonderful. I use them overnight now (Diva during the day) and am really happy with them. She has great nursing pads too!

Katigre
06-07-2010, 11:27 PM
I bought some Ultimate II pads from www.hyenacart.com/homesteademporium for PP, and they were wonderful. I use them overnight now (Diva during the day) and am really happy with them. She has great nursing pads too!
Yes! I use her pantywraps as a backup to my diva cup and love them. She's got excellent customer service too!

firemama
06-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Thank you all for your recommendations! The homestead emporium and pink lemonade ones look great, but they are both sold out of the ones you suggest. I am due July 12 and homestead emporium is taking custom orders for postpartum pads only for those due July 15 or after. :duh: On the hyenacart pink lemonade website, I couldn't find a way to contact or e-mail someone about placing a special order. I probably don't have enough time now...

The lunapads look nice too, but they seem pricey. Although if that's my only option it's worth it because they will last a long time and I can use them for my next pregnancies too.

BTW, I have never heard of hyenacart and I've seen that and etsy mentioned several times on this message board. Can anyone shed some light on these two?

billysmommy
06-09-2010, 12:54 PM
On the hyenacart pink lemonade website, I couldn't find a way to contact or e-mail someone about placing a special order. I probably don't have enough time now...

Her email is [email protected]

On the menu running down the L side of the screen ~ last link under info "Contact Sue" If you click on that it will take you to email.