PDA

View Full Version : maclaren quest or techno xt

3emm
06-06-2010, 12:30 AM
hi there: I'm looking to buy a lightweight umbrella stroller that is small enough and to fit in a full trunk. I own an inglesina and it was perfect until it couldn't fit in my trunk. I'm debating between the mac quest or techno xt only because i can get them through my mileage rewards, so price doesn't really matter at this point. If you own either stroller, i would appreciate any feedback.

Oh.. my DS is 20 months, so i think even a triumph might do, but it's not one of the choices.

I appreciate your feedback !!

AnnieW625
06-06-2010, 01:54 AM
I would get to a baby store and compare both strollers. The Quest is going to be lighter than the Techno, but the Techno has way more features and if you plan on having another child it will be great to have an umbrella stroller to use from birth. I have the Triumph and while I do love it I wish I would've gotten a Techno from the beginning with DD1 only because we pretty much used the Triumph for everything I know I would've gotten my money out of the Techno. I now own a Techno too (just bought it a month or two ago---found a sweet deal I couldn't pass up:)) and I really like it. Worst case scenario if you can't compare the two before ordering order the Techno anyway and if you hate it sell it on Craigslist and get the Triumph instead.

Abby
06-06-2010, 10:13 AM
I used to own both the quest and the techno xt. My favorite was the quest honestly and it had nothing to do with price. The ultimate factor was the size, other than that the 2 are very similar. The only appealing thing about the techno to me was the bigger wheels which worked better for outdoors.

zag95
06-06-2010, 11:11 AM
I have owned the quest, and recently added a used techno (found on CL for grandparents to use, for use at Disney next summer, etc) to my repertoire of strollers.

My impression of the techno is that it is very similar to the quest- big differences are the coverage of the hood, size of the wheels, and telescoping handlebars- it is a little heavier- like 3-4 lbs..... than the quest.

Overall, both are great! Both go to 55 lbs- if you get the techno xlt- I think it goes to 65....

GL!

jacksmoma
06-06-2010, 11:43 AM
if you will be using it outside much get the techno...bigger wheels and suspension make it much easier to push on sidewalks and less bumpy...quest is more of an errand stroller imo than an only stroller :)

3emm
06-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Thanks so much! Your feedback helps me a lot. I may have to take a look at them & then decide. I may just go for the techno xt, since i may get more use out of it with the bigger wheels.

pomf
06-07-2010, 12:50 PM
We have had a Techno XT for about 2 years and so far no complaints. My biggest reasons for getting it over the quest were that it reclines further, the huge sun shade, and the adjustable handles since MH is over 6 ft.

sste
06-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Agree with other posters - - for car/errand/museum/public transportation go for the Quest. This pretty much assumes you either don't do alot of outdoor n'hood walking or you have a different stroller for that purpose.

We have a techno and its perfect for our purposes which is that we need a stroller with the versatility to go for short walks and zoo outings, for air travel to a WIDE variety of destinations & still be compact for musuems and urban living. We need one of each of those strollers to "live" in our car trunks as we don't have a garage or easy roll-out: so we have a techno and bjcm in each trunk.

Also, we have skin cancer in our family and I am a hood freak and I literally could not rest easy in any stroller that I used outside regularly that didn't have a great hood (or an aftermarket hood-extender, cloth, etc).