PDA

View Full Version : When your DC can wear a size for more than one year...

MommyAllison
06-06-2010, 01:53 AM
Do you keep it in rotation, or do you put it away? For example, ever since she PT'd (just before age 2), DD has stayed in sizes longer. This year, she's wearing mostly 3T and 4T, with some 2T & 5T. I've been leaving things in her drawer as long as they still fit and she's still wearing them, but it does tend to make her drawers overfull, esp in summer when sundresses from 2 years ago become swing tops with capris, etc. Logically I know I *should* get rid of enough so that her drawers are organized and close easily ;) but I hate getting rid of cute things that still fit and I still love to see on her. What do you all do?

AnnieW625
06-06-2010, 02:06 AM
DD still wears some size 3 dresses from Land Ends, a handful of Hanna Andersson 90s (leggings only) and 100s that I bought last year. The Hanna lace trimmed leggings I bought in Sept., 2008, and since she has a tiny waist she'll most likely get through the summer in them and even though they are now capri length they are still really cute. I usually only buy clothes when I notice that DD has outgrown stuff. If the clothes fit and DD doesn't have an issue wearing them then don't rotate them out.

Melaine
06-06-2010, 07:33 AM
I know what you mean. We have a wide range of sizes that fit right now. I usually go ahead and sell (which I do with almost every outgrown item) everything except my favorite items. Those I will hang onto and continue to use.

KrisM
06-06-2010, 07:48 AM
I know what you mean. We have a wide range of sizes that fit right now. I usually go ahead and sell (which I do with almost every outgrown item) everything except my favorite items. Those I will hang onto and continue to use.

That's what I do, too. And, I try to buy less at the beginning of each season until I know what still works.

SnuggleBuggles
06-06-2010, 09:40 AM
I don't pay attention to the # on the tag. If it fits, it's part of the rotation. If it is out of the season I put it away with the other seasonal clothes to pull out next time they are needed. I just don't buy new clothes if we don't need them so we don't wind up with an oversupply (unless my mom has gone shopping :)).

Beth