PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know the best place to get top dollar for a used Bob Revolution?

Abby
06-06-2010, 05:00 PM
I have a 1 year old Bob Revolution with Peg Perego Viaggio Sip 30/30 car seat plus the car seat adapter/tray, and the sun cover. I posted the whole travel system for $400 on CL, but no luck. I've seen used Bob's with no extra stuff sell on ebay for over $300. But I really don't want to give ebay $60 of my sale. Any suggestions on where else to post it and what price to post it at?

TwoBees
06-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Maybe a kids consignment shop?

wellyes
06-06-2010, 06:09 PM
I think more people are getting resistant to buying used car seats since you can never know its safety history.

Bobs around here (Boston) are usually listed for $150 on CL with 'limited edition' models in great condition posted for $200. I personally wouldn't sell a stroller on eBay, too much hassle - commission, shipping, risk that buyer will send it back or refuse payment for whatever reason.

arivecchi
06-06-2010, 07:16 PM
You are better off selling the car seat and the stroller separately, but as PP said, some people do not buy used car seats due to the safety risk of purchasing an car seat with an unknown history. The Bob will sell faster without it.

pb&j
06-06-2010, 07:42 PM
You are better off selling the car seat and the stroller separately, but as PP said, some people do not buy used car seats due to the safety risk of purchasing an car seat with an unknown history. The Bob will sell faster without it.

Also, a lot of people looking for a jogging stroller are past needing a car seat. I bought mine when DS was 1, and had been out of the bucket seat for over 6 mos.

Also, I don't think that getting $300+ for a used BOB is very realistic, when you can pretty easily find a 20% deal for a brand new one that would put the price at just over $300.

arivecchi
06-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Oh yeah, I thought OP was asking $400 for the Duallie. Yeah a single might sell for around $200 in EUC.

Abby
06-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks everyone! I will take some of your advice by splitting up the set but I think I will go with ebay after all. There's one on there right now currently at $305 plus $50 shipping. That's just the stroller with nothing extra. I'm glad I got a bob they have amazing resale value. For anyone out there who is interested in bob strollers I would REALLY recommend them because you will get most of your money back when you go to sell, just don't pair it with a car seat.

Suzanne74
06-06-2010, 10:00 PM
I am in the DC Metro and most of the Bobs go for $250, sometimes $275. It amazes me because you can get one new at REI for $315. I much rather pay the little extra for the warrenty.

Craiglist will go quicker and you will rarely deal with no shows. Some people list Bob's in the "want" area. You might be able to sell it before listing it.

Ebay is a not always a guarantee and upbidding happens and then people bail out from paying. And like you said, you have to pay for a percentage and not have to deal with shipping. Even if someone pays for you to ship it, you still have to prepare and ship it. Time is money for me.

I much prefer Craiglist.

pomf
06-06-2010, 10:02 PM
I just sold a 2 year old Bob Revolution for $275 on Craigslist in Boston, with the car seat adapter. I know that I could have sold it for more since there were multiple people offering asking price. Its amazing how they hold their value!

sunnyside
06-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Wow that's amazing! I'm getting a Bob Revo stroller, but unless I can find one used for ~$200 or less I'm just getting a new one with a discount. I have seen ones on CL for $200 - $250, but I'm just thinking I'd probably rather have a new one for a little more. It's good to hear they hold their value so well!!

Abby
06-07-2010, 10:18 AM
My friend want's a brand new bob but with 12in wheels, where are they 20% off? I checked with REI and they are $389.

arivecchi
06-07-2010, 10:24 AM
REI does a couple 20% off sales a year for its members.

sste
06-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Does ebay invite "sham bidding"? I am just having a hard time believing there are that many people that will pay $350 total for a used BOB when you can buy a new one for that price. Can the poster/his or her friends engage in sham bids in an effort to drive up the final bid? Frankly, that is the only explanation I can think of as to why someone would pay that much for a used BOB.

I just bought my used Bob double (less than 3 y/o, excellent condition) from a neighbor for $150. That was an exceptionally good price. But, I personally would not pay more than $150-175 for a used single unless it was a "used 1X or 2X" type of situation.

ehf
06-08-2010, 08:29 PM
I actually want to buy a used BOB revolution! I've been looking on the Boston CL lately but have only seen other models.

Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $250, and it would need to be in good condition. As other posters have pointed out, sales can get you pretty close to $300.

Jelly Bean
06-08-2010, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=sste;2747409]Does ebay invite "sham bidding"? I am just having a hard time believing there are that many people that will pay $350 total for a used BOB when you can buy a new one for that price. Can the poster/his or her friends engage in sham bids in an effort to drive up the final bid? Frankly, that is the only explanation I can think of as to why someone would pay that much for a used BOB.

I say this to my DH all the time! I sell stuff but don't buy very much for this exact reason - what prevents your friend from jacking up the price?!