PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Owners: Show your Indigo love!

arivecchi
06-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Seriously, this stroller is ridiculous. I can't believe it only cost $124! I took it on a walk to Starbucks today. It pushes with a finger, swivels perfectly in and out of places and love, love, love that reversible seat and HUGE basket! I was able to push it one-handed the whole way!

wellyes
06-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Ok, well, I'm not an Indigo owner YET but I'm sooooo close. Amazon has the red for $119. Diapers.com price matches and I think I can still use Bing(?) which would bring it to $107.

I was going to buy a Snap-and-Go for the new one and this is like a super fancy Snap-and-Go AND full-recline reversible stroller. The only thing it lacks is a toddler buggy boards but maybe a universal one (like the Valco) would work.

TEMPTED.........

arivecchi
06-06-2010, 08:19 PM
If you are getting a snap n go, definitely get an Indigo instead! You will love the versatility and the incredible push and steering! I am in stroller :heartbeat:! I wonder if a toddler board would work too. That would be ideal for me! Hmmm, I will give that some thought.

jgenie
06-06-2010, 08:31 PM
If you are getting a snap n go, definitely get an Indigo instead! You will love the versatility and the incredible push and steering! I am in stroller :heartbeat:! I wonder if a toddler board would work too. That would be ideal for me! Hmmm, I will give that some thought.

Please post if you get a board to work with it.

I have had the indigo for a week but haven't had a chance to put it together. My kitchen is trashed so it doesn't look like it will be put together tonight either.

lhafer
06-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Well, I posted my love for it on another thread, but I will post the pictures I have of mine so far. Oh, and to Wellyes - I have a snap n go (less than 3 months old) and I will be selling it. The pictures are of my 3 month old, and one of my 4 year old in the stroller - her head was hitting the canopy, but it was still a breeze to push around.

Took it to the park yesterday and it was so easy to walk beside it when the sun was in her face - so easy to push with one hand. I probably will be getting a kidpotamus shade for it.

We took it to Cheesecake Factory today for lunch with the infant seat in it Graco Snugride 35). It was awesome. Didn't take up a lot of room, and was a breeze to push. In the basket I had my Skip Hop via Backpack, left overs from lunch, a bag from the Disney store, and another shopping bag from Children's place. My daughter really enjoyed being up higher and being able to see over the table and look at people.

arivecchi
06-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Well, I posted my love for it on another thread, but I will post the pictures I have of mine so far. Oh, and to Wellyes - I have a snap n go (less than 3 months old) and I will be selling it. The pictures are of my 3 month old, and one of my 4 year old in the stroller - her head was hitting the canopy, but it was still a breeze to push around.

Took it to the park yesterday and it was so easy to walk beside it when the sun was in her face - so easy to push with one hand. I probably will be getting a kidpotamus shade for it.

We took it to Cheesecake Factory today for lunch with the infant seat in it Graco Snugride 35). It was awesome. Didn't take up a lot of room, and was a breeze to push. In the basket I had my Skip Hop via Backpack, left overs from lunch, a bag from the Disney store, and another shopping bag from Children's place. My daughter really enjoyed being up higher and being able to see over the table and look at people. Love your pics! My guy is older so the canopy is not as much of an issue for us - I just turn the seat around. :) My 3yo fits like your 4yo. His head hits the canopy too but he does fit and it pushes super easy with him too. I did put the stroller against our table at Starbucks and gave DS his milk and cookie. :) It seriously pushes as easy as the MB Swift but is a bumpier ride, as expected.

hillview
06-06-2010, 09:21 PM
How tall is your DD?
TIA
/hillary

arivecchi
06-06-2010, 09:36 PM
I use it with DS2. He is about 32 inches tall. DS1 was 41 inches tall at his 3 year appt, but I do not use the Indigo with him. I just tried it out @ home for kicks. :)

lhafer
06-06-2010, 09:50 PM
In March she was 39" tall for her 4 year appt. But she only weighs about 31 pounds - she's a lightweight! Her head was just beginning to hit the rounded top portion of the back of the bassinet. Her feet were just beginning to touch the bottom foot rest.

arivecchi
06-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Please post if you get a board to work with it.

I have had the indigo for a week but haven't had a chance to put it together. My kitchen is trashed so it doesn't look like it will be put together tonight either. I will. I sold my Hitch Hiker one, but might get another toddler board. I need one that works with my Swift as well though. The Indigo is super easy to assemble BTW. It took me a couple of minutes.

sunnyside
06-06-2010, 10:29 PM
I love it! I admit that I have only put it together, taught myself how it works with the car seat etc (well DBF showed me and then quizzed me LOL since he's in Africa now and didn't want me to mess up and hurt our baby while he's gone!), pushed it around my condo, then folded it and put it away.

I'm going to carry it downstairs and put it in the trunk of the car tonight so we're ready to go for baby.

Someone told me that I wont want to go for a walk with baby for at least 2 weeks or so after she's born, but I want to be prepared just in case.

So grateful to you all who checked this out and posted reviews etc. Especially arivecchi!

arivecchi
06-06-2010, 10:35 PM
I love it! I admit that I have only put it together, taught myself how it works with the car seat etc (well DBF showed me and then quizzed me LOL since he's in Africa now and didn't want me to mess up and hurt our baby while he's gone!), pushed it around my condo, then folded it and put it away.

I'm going to carry it downstairs and put it in the trunk of the car tonight so we're ready to go for baby.

Someone told me that I wont want to go for a walk with baby for at least 2 weeks or so after she's born, but I want to be prepared just in case.

So grateful to you all who checked this out and posted reviews etc. Especially arivecchi! Yay! Glad u like it. Hope your delivery is an easy one. If I had a summer baby, I would have been taking strolls fairly quickly. I go crazy indoors! I would just avoid crowded places where people will be tempted to touch the baby. Walks around the neighborhood and parks should be fine though. :) Since you will have a newborn, you may want to consider a canopy extender add-on.

georgiegirl
06-06-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm going to try to convince my preggo sister to get one of these (and a Bob too).

arivecchi
06-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Here's my pumpkin in his new fave stroller. :ROTFLMAO:

sarahcarioca
06-07-2010, 02:10 PM
I just purchased the Indigo from diapers.com and I'm so excited! I got it for $91.18 which is such a steal. I think it will be a great stroller for our family, and at that price - awesome!

Here's how I got the deal (in case you're curious).

119.19 Price Match on Amazon.com
15% OFF coupon (I think this is for first purchase only -- MAY15) $17.88 savings
10% BING cash back (use it while it's still around!) $10.13 savings

I saved $58.81 off the diapers.com list price. Hooray!:yay:

TwoBees
06-08-2010, 10:47 AM
I'll have to try to take some pictures, and I'll bump the thread when I do.

emily
06-08-2010, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=arivecchi;2747499]Here's my pumpkin in his new fave stroller. :ROTFLMAO:

arivecchi, how tall is your DS? I just called Diapers.com for my price match. Totally have no need for this stroller but so tempted by all the love it's been getting on BBB.

arivecchi
06-08-2010, 12:17 PM
arivecchi, how tall is your DS? I just called Diapers.com for my price match. Totally have no need for this stroller but so tempted by all the love it's been getting on BBB. Muahahaha! [Evil laugh] We are sucking you in! http://www.emofaces.com/en/emoticons/h/hypnotized-emoticon.gif

DS2 is about 32 inches tall, however DS1 (41 inches last time we checked) did fit in the stroller in front facing mode although his head touched the canopy.

arivecchi
06-08-2010, 12:21 PM
I just purchased the Indigo from diapers.com and I'm so excited! I got it for $91.18 which is such a steal. I think it will be a great stroller for our family, and at that price - awesome!
:47: Holy deal!

Remember to get some silicone spray and spray the back wheels before you use it outside. It will make it work so smoothly! My back wheels creaked a little before I did that. Also, the back wheels may look wobbly outside at times but the "wobbliness" does not affect the push or smoothness of the ride. Enjoy!

sunnyside
06-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Yay! Glad u like it. Hope your delivery is an easy one. If I had a summer baby, I would have been taking strolls fairly quickly. I go crazy indoors! I would just avoid crowded places where people will be tempted to touch the baby. Walks around the neighborhood and parks should be fine though. :) Since you will have a newborn, you may want to consider a canopy extender add-on.

Thanks Arivecchi! I'm thinking I'll probably do some walks pretty early on too. There are some great parks and I can walk by the river etc. I"ll look into that canopy extender. ;)

lhafer
06-09-2010, 12:16 AM
I looked at the Kidpotamus canopy extender and didn't care for it on the Indigo. Because of the way the seat can be reversed, it's difficult to find a good hold the stroller frame so the shade isn't saggy. At least that's what I found. But I had both my 3 month old and my 4 year old with me and didn't have all the time in the world to look at various configurations.

wellyes
06-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Mine showed up today - gotta love that free 2-day shipping from Diapers.com. And I am, so far, pretty THRILLED with it.

It's astonishing that you can pay $60+ for a Snap and Go, or $80 for the Mac one, when you can get the Indigo for $100. It *is* a snap and go ..... but with much better push AND a bassinet position AND a reversible seat that goes to 50 lbs. And a really nice parent console to boot. Amazing value for your buck.

And it's actually a comfy stroller too! My DD was just wild about it (and fit very comfortably with lots of room to grow).

arivecchi THANK YOU! You really should write to First Years to get your commission check, you've more than earned it!

arivecchi
06-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Mine showed up today - gotta love that free 2-day shipping from Diapers.com. And I am, so far, pretty THRILLED with it.

It's astonishing that you can pay $60+ for a Snap and Go, or $80 for the Mac one, when you can get the Indigo for $100. It *is* a snap and go ..... but with much better push AND a bassinet position AND a reversible seat that goes to 50 lbs. And a really nice parent console to boot. Amazing value for your buck.

And it's actually a comfy stroller too! My DD was just wild about it (and fit very comfortably with lots of room to grow).

arivecchi THANK YOU! You really should write to First Years to get your commission check, you've more than earned it! Awesome! So glad you like it! Now you understand why I rave about it. All that for $100. Insane and such a smooth easy push! No need for commission checks. ;) I'm just glad to help others find this amazing little gem of a stroller!

P.S. Remember to spray some silicone spray on the back wheels before using outdoors. Enjoy!

PMJ
06-10-2010, 12:55 PM
You all are tooo funny !!! Now I'm looking into this AMAZING STROLLER!

I agree w/ PP -- it works w/ a SR-32 (when I travel w/ DD on airplane etc), but also can work as my every-day stroller.

Few things:

1) Seat reclines, right?

2) Does it have a backing or cushioning, meaning can DC be in this stroller for 2-3 hrs w/out having any issues?

3) Weight limits for rear and front-facing?

4) How do you handle the no snack tray for DC?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I am deciding between this and the Mac Triumph, Mac Volo, and Graco Metrolite -- so shed any light that you might have to make my decision easier. :)

Clearly, I want a good deal, and something that can be used for a long time!

TIA.

PJ :)

lhafer
06-10-2010, 01:21 PM
You all are tooo funny !!! Now I'm looking into this AMAZING STROLLER!

I agree w/ PP -- it works w/ a SR-32 (when I travel w/ DD on airplane etc), but also can work as my every-day stroller.

Few things:

1) Seat reclines, right?

2) Does it have a backing or cushioning, meaning can DC be in this stroller for 2-3 hrs w/out having any issues?

3) Weight limits for rear and front-facing?

4) How do you handle the no snack tray for DC?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I am deciding between this and the Mac Triumph, Mac Volo, and Graco Metrolite -- so shed any light that you might have to make my decision easier. :)

Clearly, I want a good deal, and something that can be used for a long time!

TIA.

PJ :)

1. The seat does recline all the way back actually, in front facing and rear facing modes. It's a little different in that it has 3 positions (both directions): upright, semi-reclined, and fully reclined.

2. I think it feels pretty cushy. I wouldn't foresee any issues with a child/baby being in this stroller for several hours. I would definitely do the stroller and not the snap n go for those kinds of outings though.

3. The weight limit for the stroller is 50 pounds. That's facing either direction.

4. It also comes with a belly bar (I forgot to attach it in my pictures). My strollers have never had a snack tray, so I don't miss them. I use snack traps/cups on outings and have never had issues. I find those work better during the food throwing stage anyway. Plus if it gets dropped, then the food's still good. I have these and we really like them: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3502348

And if you are worried about that getting thrown, dropped, lost, etc. All you need to do is get some links (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3502433) and attach the cup to the links, and the links to the belly bar.

I have never owned a Maclaren or a Metrolight, so I will let the other ladies shine light on those products for you, so you can make an informed decision!

HTH!
Laura

wellyes
06-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I agree with the PP. Wanted to add:
2. It is more cushy than a Mac. I have a Mac Quest and I think this is easily the nicer stroller. I like that it's higher off the ground, too. The Mac is more compact & easier for travel, but I wouldn't want it to be my only stroller.
4. I never had a snack tray either. I'm pleased with the Indigo's very nice compartmentalized parent console - could easily fit a parent water bottle, kid sippy and a bag of snacks to hand to your kid, with plenty of room leftover for yoiur cell phone, keys, cash etc.

suldog
06-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Hi ladies! I am currently lusting after this stroller as well, but need to justify replacing my Snugrider. One big issue - how bulky is it folded up compared to the Snugrider Snap & Go? I don't have a lot of car room, which is why the Snugrider was so appealing.

Kaylee31
06-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Its a few inches wider than the Snugrider at the wheelbase. Without the seat, its about the same depth/height. With the seat, you need a few more inches of clearance. Here's some side by side pics. http://www.flickr.com/photos/50172753@N03/

suldog
06-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks Kaylee! That is super helpful!

YouAreTheFocus
06-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the pictures of the Indigo with the Snugrider, such a help! We never fold our handlebar over, so it looks like it would actually be about the same length when collapsed.

mrshalco
06-10-2010, 06:37 PM
I was thinking of grabbing a Mac off CL for an upcoming plane trip and I'm wondering if this stroller might work better! DS is 16months but almost 30lbs! I have a Vista (I'm going to sell), a Zapp (no recline and want recline for the trip), Valco Quad (nervous of it getting damaged)!

Think the Indigo might be a good option for Hawaii?

arivecchi
06-11-2010, 11:26 AM
The only thing it lacks is a toddler buggy boards but maybe a universal one (like the Valco) would work.

TEMPTED......... The Valco Hitch Hiker does indeed work with the Indigo! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Check out mypics in the Valco HH thread.

arivecchi
06-11-2010, 11:29 AM
I was thinking of grabbing a Mac off CL for an upcoming plane trip and I'm wondering if this stroller might work better! DS is 16months but almost 30lbs! I have a Vista (I'm going to sell), a Zapp (no recline and want recline for the trip), Valco Quad (nervous of it getting damaged)!

Think the Indigo might be a good option for Hawaii? I think I would prefer a Mac for travel, but if you want a cheap reversible that is suitable for travel, the Indigo is a good choice. It holds up to 50 pounds. The canopy is small but so are the canopies in the lightweight Macs. I actually use my Mac Triumph in the Caribbean all the time though. I don't think it is a big issue. You could also get a BJCM if you want a large canopy and a stroller that travels well.

arivecchi
06-13-2010, 11:03 AM
I took the Indigo in the car for the first time yesterday. I found it easier to simply remove the seat (since you cannot fold it with the seat in the parent-facing position) and just fold the stroller frame. It was super easy to do and did not take up that much space (I also had a Mac Triumph, shopping bags and the diaper bag in the trunk). Once we got to our destination, I simply whipped the frame out (once you undo the stroller lock, you pull the handle and the stroller automatically opens and locks) and clicked the seat in. We took it to a large mall and it is perfect for mall use. Glides so smoothly, loaded up the huge basket with bags and placed all the essentials and drinks in the parent console. When we went to a restaurant for lunch, I turned the seat around and removed the bumper bar and sat DS at the table in the stroller which was great because he loathes restaurant high chairs. HTH someone.

poohbear
06-13-2010, 11:38 AM
I think I would prefer a Mac for travel, but if you want a cheap reversible that is suitable for travel, the Indigo is a good choice. It holds up to 50 pounds. The canopy is small but so are the canopies in the lightweight Macs. I actually use my Mac Triumph in the Caribbean all the time though. I don't think it is a big issue. You could also get a BJCM if you want a large canopy and a stroller that travels well.

Wait, Arivecchi, did you just (gasp) recommend a BJCM? ;)

arivecchi
06-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Wait, Arivecchi, did you just (gasp) recommend a BJCM? ;) I like the BJCM! I think it is a great stroller for the burbs. Since I take PT though, it has to be a Mac. I once saw a mom get on a CTA bus with a BJCM and the stroller got stuck by the turnstile and the driver then asked her to fold it because it was too wide. For the car/malls/paved trails etc. the BJCM is great!

TwoBees
06-13-2010, 01:11 PM
I took the Indigo in the car for the first time yesterday. I found it easier to simply remove the seat (since you cannot fold it with the seat in the parent-facing position) and just fold the stroller frame. It was super easy to do and did not take up that much space (I also had a Mac Triumph, shopping bags and the diaper bag in the trunk). Once we got to our destination, I simply whipped the frame out (once you undo the stroller lock, you pull the handle and the stroller automatically opens and locks) and clicked the seat in.

Yup. This is what I do too. Also, this allows me to choose whether I want the seat or car seat adaptor depending on the store and if DD is asleep or not.

lhafer
06-13-2010, 02:21 PM
I took the Indigo in the car for the first time yesterday. I found it easier to simply remove the seat (since you cannot fold it with the seat in the parent-facing position) and just fold the stroller frame. It was super easy to do and did not take up that much space (I also had a Mac Triumph, shopping bags and the diaper bag in the trunk). Once we got to our destination, I simply whipped the frame out (once you undo the stroller lock, you pull the handle and the stroller automatically opens and locks) and clicked the seat in. We took it to a large mall and it is perfect for mall use. Glides so smoothly, loaded up the huge basket with bags and placed all the essentials and drinks in the parent console. When we went to a restaurant for lunch, I turned the seat around and removed the bumper bar and sat DS at the table in the stroller which was great because he loathes restaurant high chairs. HTH someone.

:yeahthat:

I do the same thing. I generally put her in the seat if she's awake. I put her in the car seat adaptor if she's sleeping and it's a short trip. I keep the car seat adaptor folded up in the bag it came in, and if I'm not using it, I keep the belly bar in there too. The car seat adaptor can be difficult to fold up. I fould that if you have a pen that clicks (not a regular ball point), in the unclicked position it will fit nicely over the "bump" and it's easier to press in and get it to fold. I always keep pens in the car and diaper bag/purse, so this is never an issue for me.

TwoBees
06-13-2010, 03:04 PM
The car seat adaptor can be difficult to fold up. I fould that if you have a pen that clicks (not a regular ball point), in the unclicked position it will fit nicely over the "bump" and it's easier to press in and get it to fold. I always keep pens in the car and diaper bag/purse, so this is never an issue for me.

Ooooh, thanks for the suggestion! I've been unable to fold the adaptor, so I'm going to try this. :)

mom2baileys
06-13-2010, 05:05 PM
After arivecchi's glowing review I decided to look into getting the Indigo myself. Up until now I was fully committed to the 2010 Vista mostly because of the parent facing option but when faced with similar options it was hard to justify the extra $500 for the Vista. So we got the indigo and put the difference into DS college fund. Anyway I love the Indigo. DS is comfy in the bassinet mode and I like that he faces me at least for now. The push is as easy as arivecci described! For $124 this stroller is amazing!! Thanks again Arivecchi for telling us about it!!

arivecchi
06-13-2010, 05:07 PM
After arivecci's glowing review I decided to look further into getting the Indigo myself. Up until now I was fully committed to the 2010 Vista mostly because of the parent facing option but when faced with similar options it was hard to justify the extra $500 for the Vista. So we got the indigo and put the difference into DS college fund. Anyway I love the Indigo. DS is comfy in the bassinet mode and I like that he faces me at least for now. The push is as easy as arivecci described! For $124 this stroller is amazing!! Thanks again Arivecci for telling us about it!! You totally made my day! :hug5: Enjoy!!! I seriously love my new cheapo stroller! LOL!

arivecchi
06-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Yup. This is what I do too. Also, this allows me to choose whether I want the seat or car seat adaptor depending on the store and if DD is asleep or not. Oh smart! :thumbsup:

arivecchi
06-15-2010, 03:55 PM
PSA. Amazon has it for $109 now.

http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Indigo-Stroller-Retro/dp/B002WB2GKW

elektra
06-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

arivecchi
06-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Are you considering crossing over to the dark side? :ROTFLMAO:

elektra
06-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Yes, but I still need to figure out how to hide it so DH doesn't notice another stroller! :ROTFLMAO:

Suzanne74
06-16-2010, 01:56 AM
:45: I am on the dark side now!!! :jammin:

arivecchi
06-16-2010, 11:01 AM
:45: I am on the dark side now!!! :jammin: What? You finally caved!! Which color? Do tell! I hope you like it. I will feel awful if you don't. Just remember it is so darn cheap!

Suzanne74
06-16-2010, 08:05 PM
What? You finally caved!! Which color? Do tell! I hope you like it. I will feel awful if you don't. Just remember it is so darn cheap!

Yes I did. Diapers.com pricematched $109 for me yesterday, thanks to you - but I kept it in my shopping cart because I was still not sure. Well last night I checked on Amazon and they were sold out. :47: and are now up to $159 with 3 used for $159. Soooooo I went back to diapers.com thru Bing and finalized my order before they figured out it was no longer in stock and took my credit away. So it will be here tomorrow. :bighand: Heck, if I don't like it, I could make a $60 profit instead of returning it. It is taking the place of my Flyer which I have to sell ASAP before DH has a fit. Not the money so much as the garage room. :hysterical:

Oh, got the red. I love my red Flyer and wasn't sure if that gray would be too light.

Pinky
07-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Just bumping this thread back up... We've been using our Indigo for a few days now and we love it so much! Even my husband (who isn't really into baby gear) loves it! :boogie:

Love that it can sit straight up or be used as a bassinet! Love the big basket and the easy fold too! My daughter is only 4 months old and still really likes to see me, so it's nice that it has the reversible seat. I can't get over how easy it is to flip the seat around.

Thanks for the suggestion on the silicone spray for the wheels... Definitely needed it. :)

Multimama
07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Wow, the Indigo is $140-something on Amazon now. And to think I once had it in my cart for $101. So sad I don't own this stroller!

MacMacMoo
07-23-2010, 08:19 PM
I finally saw an Indiego in person. Alas someones baby was in it and the couple look like they were in a hurry so i couldn't gawk. It looks a lot better in person. It's not a stroller for us we were never much for the snap and go type infant seat but for folks who are I'd so recommend it over a travel system.

Iowastate21
08-09-2010, 05:18 AM
How does this stroller do as an errand running/ mall/target stroller? How does it fit? I am concerned that it is too big. It almost weighs as much as my bjce @ 24lbs.

lhafer
08-09-2010, 09:38 AM
How does this stroller do as an errand running/ mall/target stroller? How does it fit? I am concerned that it is too big. It almost weighs as much as my bjce @ 24lbs.

I store it separately as a frame, then put the seat on top. It's a more compact fold that way. So I never feel the *actual* weight of the stroller! To me the frame is light, and the seat is light. And since I can put it together in about 10 seconds - having them separate is no big deal. I usually put the seat on facing me, so I take it off everytime I put it back in my car. Plus, since I still have one in an infant seat, it lets me decide upon arriving at my destination if I want the car seat adaptor (if she's sleeping) or the main seat (if she's awake, or we will be out for a long period of time).

So far I love my Indigo.

tmahanes
08-09-2010, 10:00 AM
I store it separately as a frame, then put the seat on top. It's a more compact fold that way. So I never feel the *actual* weight of the stroller! To me the frame is light, and the seat is light. And since I can put it together in about 10 seconds - having them separate is no big deal. I usually put the seat on facing me, so I take it off everytime I put it back in my car. Plus, since I still have one in an infant seat, it lets me decide upon arriving at my destination if I want the car seat adaptor (if she's sleeping) or the main seat (if she's awake, or we will be out for a long period of time).

So far I love my Indigo.

:yeahthat: I love mine.... we use it almost everyday for errands and we use it in restaurants instead of a high chair right now!

hellokitty
08-09-2010, 01:13 PM
OK, so I've watched these indigo love threads with interest for the past few months. I have no desire for more strollers, since I'm on my last child and my current stash serves me well. HOWEVER, my brother and sil are expecting their first baby after Christmas. I KNOW she will want to spring for the ultra-expensive stroller, but I'd like to suggest to them the indigo based on the reviews here and b/c it's so much stroller for so little $.

OK, so I've got a few questions for the indigo cult. Is amazon the best place to get it? Like when it's $109ish is the best price? Diapers.com stopped price matching, right? I want to let them know what a, 'good" price is, for them to buy it. Does it fit all of the different infant carseats out there?

Kaylee31
08-11-2010, 02:51 PM
I would say Diapers or Amazon is the best place to buy the Indigo. They both also have free shipping & returns. I'm not sure if or when we'll ever see that low of a price on it again though. It hasn't been that low in months. But there is always sales, Amazon might have their 15% off strollers again, Diapers always has 10% for first time customers. Since they have several months until they need the stroller, I would bookmark the Amazon page and check it once in a while for price drops. I think anything around $120 or less is a good deal. And yes, it should fit just about any carseat w/the universal attachment.

Iowastate21
08-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Hi Guys,

It would be awesome if someone could do a video review of the Indigo stroller. It is hard to visualize the size of the stroller from still pics. Any takers????

Thanks!!!

roseyloxs
08-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Hi Guys,

It would be awesome if someone could do a video review of the Indigo stroller. It is hard to visualize the size of the stroller from still pics. Any takers????

Thanks!!!

I asked baby gizmo on their facebook page if they were going to review the indigo and they said it was on the list. I have no idea how long it might be though.

legaleagle
08-17-2010, 04:39 PM
It's up now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Voh7aVIGK8

Multimama
08-17-2010, 06:25 PM
It's up now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Voh7aVIGK8

Thanks! Great to see it in a video. I've never owned one, but I still think it's an excellent budget option.

Iowastate21
08-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Yeah!! It arrives on Friday! I hope I am as happy with it as you all are! BTW- it is on sale at Amazon for $135!

arivecchi
08-18-2010, 11:14 AM
I thought the Baby Gizmo review was pretty on point. It is a great stroller for the price, but yes, it's a different category than luxury strollers. If one is considering getting a bulky Graco/Chicco travel system or similar though - the Indigo is the clear alternative IMO. Cuter, lighter and more versatile.

hellokitty
08-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Thanks for posting that babygizmo review. I emailed it to my brother and he has it on his, "watch" list for amazon, lol.

Iowastate21
08-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Got my Indigo on Friday and got to test it out a few times this weekend. It seems like the back wheels are really wobbly! They really seem uneven. Did anyone else have this issue?

Pinky
08-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Mine finally quit squeaking with lithium grease on the new wheels they sent, but now i have a problem with the front wheel being wobbly. It doesn't really affect the push but it does make an annoying noise.