PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Kingdom Tour?

clc053103
06-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Anyone done this at the MK? I want to send my mother for the morning.

karstmama
06-07-2010, 08:58 AM
yes, i did, and it was AWESOME!!! went with my mil & fil at the time & had a blast. some walking, but not more than you'd be doing at mk anyway. LOTS of interesting facts & walking in the utilidors & a special pin...just fabulous. i'd do it again in a skinny minute.

clc053103
06-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks, I was thinking of booking her as a surprise, I wanted to go along with her but that would leave my sister with 3 kids for the morning. I was thinking we could "swap" kids and I could take her 12 year old with us, but unfortuntely it is only for ages 16 and up. My mom has said she wants to go and I figure if I make it a few days into our trip she will enjoy the break from her 3 rambunctious grandsons!

egoldber
06-07-2010, 09:07 AM
You could do the Family Magic Tour instead. I really want to do that and I'm waiting for younger DD to be a little older.

http://allears.net/btp/tours.htm#fmt

clc053103
06-07-2010, 09:09 AM
that's a nice idea- my mom really wants to see the utilidors and backstage, so maybe we could sent her on Keys to the Kingdom and take the rest on Family Magic. DS is the youngest of the boys in our group (will be 5) so I think he could get into it!

egoldber
06-07-2010, 09:12 AM
I've seen people on the Family Tour and it looks really fun! The "character" is usually Peter Pan and Wendy and they ride the Peter Pan ride with you (you go to the head of the line) and I've also seen them in Mickey's Philharmagic.

clc053103
06-07-2010, 09:54 AM
My sister agreed to take all the kids for the morning so my mom and I can both go on the Keys tour! Yey!!! I think the Family tour is easier to book so if she changes her mind and wants to tour, we can change the reservation, it's a 48 hour cancelllation policy.

As a side note, just read Cast Member Confidential- if you are a disney dork like myself it's a really interesting read, sort of the dark side of behind the scenes.

billysmommy
06-07-2010, 02:16 PM
I've always wanted to do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to hear about it when you get back.

Billy and I did the Family Magic Tour when he was 4.5 and we had an amazing time!!! We had a small group - 4 families, 14 people total.
Just an FYI...sometimes the tour includes a ride and sometimes it doesn't. I'm not sure what the criteria are as to whether they do or not. We didn't get to do a ride but the kids had 45 minutes of playing games with Peter and Wendy which was really fun.