PDA

View Full Version : Frozen chicken in crockpot safe?

Melaine
06-07-2010, 08:28 AM
I seem to remember that people sometimes put frozen chicken in the crockpot. I have chicken breasts that have been defrosting in the fridge since yesterday afternoon but are still one big mostly-frozen block. Is it safe to put them in the crockpot this way? I have to admit crockpot cooking confounds me, in general. I haven't had the best of luck. For some reason, this just doesn't sound safe to me.....

egoldber
06-07-2010, 09:04 AM
I don't whether or not it is technically safe, but I do it all the time.

DietCokeLover
06-07-2010, 12:34 PM
I do it all the time too.

SM23Mama21
06-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I've never thawed the chicken before I put it in the crockpot. Never had an issue. :)

boolady
06-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I've done it many times. When the crockpot is on at our house, it's on for so many hours that there couldn't possibly be anything left alive when it's done, LOL. And, I think our current crockpot runs hot, so even low is pretty hot.

Melaine
06-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Ok guys thanks. I didn't get my act together to try it today, but I will be using this method in the future....I HATE thawing meat in the fridge.

fauve01
06-12-2010, 01:59 PM
I've never thawed the chicken before I put it in the crockpot. Never had an issue. :)

:yeahthat: I ALWAYS put frozen breasts directly in the crockpot. works fine.

smcdonald2
06-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Wow! I learned something from this thread. I've never done that...I would have thought the transition from frozen to cooked would be too slow...that the food would be in that dangerous middle ground far too long. I'm excited to learn this isn't true...you've saved me time, ladies!