PDA

View Full Version : RA50 $49.98 at Target - YMMV

poohbear
06-07-2010, 11:38 AM
My Target had RA50's in Sutton marked down to $49.98 today :cheerleader1:
(yesterday they were $139.98 so the markdown must have come through this morning - I just happened to forget to buy some things I needed yesterday so we were back this morning and I saw the markdown crew). Anyway, obviously YMMV, but awesome deal if you need an RA50 (which I did for my mom's car - I was hoping I could snatch one at $99! My DOM was 4/10!). Here's the number if you want to do a stock check: 030091930
http://services.rivernorthdesign.com/target/
enter this number: 030091930 and your zip code. It's not always accurate, but it will give you an idea if your store might have them
HTH!

dukie41181
06-07-2010, 11:39 AM
How do you do a stock check?!

elektra
06-07-2010, 11:40 AM
What a great deal!

poohbear
06-07-2010, 11:48 AM
duplicate post

poohbear
06-07-2010, 11:51 AM
How do you do a stock check?!

Sorry, I just added it to the original post :)
http://services.rivernorthdesign.com/target/
enter this number: 030091930 and your zip code. It's not always accurate, but it will give you an idea if your store might have them (if it says out of stock, it's probably right, but if it says available or limited availability it may be in stock :)

scmama
06-07-2010, 01:26 PM
What a great deal. I might have to go to Target today.

dukie41181
06-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Thanks so much for the heads uo! I just ran out to 2 Target stores and got 4! My mom needes 2, I need one and my sister needed 1 too. So affordable at $49.xx a piece! Great find!

AshleyAnn
06-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Wow Mine had several marked down to 139 last week. I want one but I don't really need it.

WolfpackMom
06-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Nothing in a 20 miles radius for me :( I even called the one Target that said limited quantities and they said they had none and that they werent on sale there anyways... boo

jvs195
06-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I ended up returning the one I bought for $139 (after hearing they were $99 elsewhere, but never found one at that price either), It looks like someone has repurchased because it does not show up at the store I returned it to (or any others near me). I really would have liked one for that price, looking for a spare for SIL's car. Odd that online it now says $199.99 and not available in stores for the Sutton print.

kbud
06-07-2010, 02:06 PM
I got one as well at my Target. It was $139 on Friday. They were doing markdowns while I was there. DOM is 12/21/10. I love a good deal. I got 2 Marathons last year at target for $65 each.

poohbear
06-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Online it had been $139.99 last week, then went back up to $199.
I think they had done a special purchase (along with the snugrider carseat and frame that is also $35 at some stores now) and then just clearanced it out. Some stores had it for $99, but mine had it for $139 on clearance forever. Guess they just decided to skip the 50% off markdown altogether...

dukie41181
06-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Online it had been $139.99 last week, then went back up to $199.
I think they had done a special purchase (along with the snugrider carseat and frame that is also $35 at some stores now) and then just clearanced it out. Some stores had it for $99, but mine had it for $139 on clearance forever. Guess they just decided to skip the 50% off markdown altogether...

Oddly, my store never had them clearanced at any price until today when they were $49.98. At least they were never marked and I never had enough energy to haul it to the scanner to check. The car seats I got today were clearanced but in with all the other car seats rather than on an end cap so it wasn't apparent that they were clearanced unless you were already looking for a car seat. Good way to have less traffic on the item!

I would definately recommend calling the stores directly. I called and got accurate information but when I checked the online source, it said one store was sold out but I'd just bought 3 there...so unless it updates fairly immediately (like within 15 minutes), then it was wrong.

Good luck everyone!

WolfpackMom
06-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Ack! I just called the one by me and they do have them but the lady said they aren't clearanced and are $199. Anyone in NC find one?

Sophie1&2
06-07-2010, 02:52 PM
I just bought two in Atlanta. The inventory checker seemed accurate (there were 4 available at the Midtown store-now two). THANK YOU so much!!! My Mom and I were just complaining about using the Scenara daily (straps don't cooperate). XOXO!!!!

kbud
06-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Ack! I just called the one by me and they do have them but the lady said they aren't clearanced and are $199. Anyone in NC find one?

One of my Targets had a different cover for $199.

poohbear
06-07-2010, 03:01 PM
One of my Targets had a different cover for $199.

:yeahthat: Stonehenge is $199.
And if they're not marked and they don't actually scan them or input the sku in, they may not know the actual price...
And I think the locator might update pretty quickly :) I feel like I trust that over some of the employees who work at some of the Targets I have gone to!

Sophie1&2
06-07-2010, 03:03 PM
There was another cover that was with the other car seats (Sierra, Savannah, something like that), the $49.00 clearanced ones were not in that isle and I was initially disappointed. I found it with the Papasan chairs/bouncy seats (the raised shelf).

WolfpackMom
06-07-2010, 03:35 PM
I bit the bullet and wentr to my Target eventhough the woman said they werent on sale. Found the markdown team and they just hadnt been done yet. I got 3, one for my and dh's cars and one for gma!:yay: I was so excited I almost hugged the Target guy but instead just told him that he "made my life." Pretty sure they all thought I was nuts...

JanBaby
06-07-2010, 03:40 PM
How long do your DC's typically stay in this size seat before moving on to the next? And what is that next seat? I think there is one in between this and a booster, right? We have a Marathon and a Boulevard and I'm trying to talk myself into getting one of these too. We want to have another DC and even if I only get three years out of it before it expires, it's worth it at this price.

WolfpackMom
06-07-2010, 03:44 PM
They go from 5-50lbs both rear and forward facing so I would say they are worth it at this price. Its a very highly rated seat. hth

Also...for what its worth that sku finder was completely wrong for the stores in my area that I called. Might just be a location thing!

calv
06-07-2010, 03:48 PM
ETA: nevermind, just saw the weight limit on these

poohbear
06-07-2010, 03:49 PM
whats' the weight limit on these? TIA

35 lb RF, 50 FF
:)

poohbear
06-07-2010, 03:51 PM
How long do your DC's typically stay in this size seat before moving on to the next? And what is that next seat? I think there is one in between this and a booster, right? We have a Marathon and a Boulevard and I'm trying to talk myself into getting one of these too. We want to have another DC and even if I only get three years out of it before it expires, it's worth it at this price.

This would serve the same purpose as the MA/BLVD. It is basically a MA with a bit of a lower FF weight limit and no lockoffs. Your next seat would be a booster, pref harnessed (Nauti, Frontier)...

Sophie1&2
06-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Yes, Stonehenge weren't marked down. Had to hunt for the Sutton seats.

JanBaby
06-07-2010, 03:55 PM
This would serve the same purpose as the MA/BLVD. It is basically a MA with a bit of a lower FF weight limit and no lockoffs.

My thought process is that my current DD will be in her MA/Blvd for the next 3+ years (Blvd in my car, MA in DH's). If we have another DC, will we be able to use the current Blvd/MA for a couple of years or will DD still be in them? She is skinny but tall. I basically think I am trying to come up with a reason to buy another carseat!

k_null81
06-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Just wanted to say that I called about 5-6 stores in my area and they all said they didn't have any. My mom just found one at a store that according to the item search had none. Go figure!

So don't go by what the computer says or by calling the store alone. They apparently aren't really looking.

Now I need to find one more!

poohbear
06-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Also...for what its worth that sku finder was completely wrong for the stores in my area that I called. Might just be a location thing!

I don't know, maybe? I know that yesterday it listed the seats I bought as in stock and now as out of stock. When I came home, I checked it again at a store where they had them last week because I was going to go see if I could pick one up for a friend of mine and they were in stock, but then I got busy. I just checked again and now it says out of stock.... Though it does say "limited availability" at one store that I know doesn't have any...
Your best bet is always going to be just to go to the store...

essnce629
06-07-2010, 05:41 PM
How long do your DC's typically stay in this size seat before moving on to the next? And what is that next seat?

DS1 outgrew his FPSV and BV (same mold as the RA50) 2 months before his 5th birthday. He outgrew them by height, not weight. After that he went to a Britax Regent and Frontier (and then a FR85) and he's still in both of those seats harnessed and will be 7 in August. He has 2 inches of torso growing room in both seats.

srhs
06-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Ugh, every store near other family members has 0 but did go to $49.
The one near me is still $129 and very annoyed with me when I asked if today or tomorrow were their baby markdown days. What's with all the secrecy with Target? She acted like I asked to play with the red phone or something.

WolfpackMom
06-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Did you take it to the register? They hadn't done markdowns at my store but it still rang up 48 because everythings tied to corporate. It should ring up correctly even without the clearance sticker.

Kaylee31
06-07-2010, 10:10 PM
I bought one today at my local Target in Central PA. I had seen them in the clearance section a couple of weeks ago, when they were priced at $149. They had 2 left, and I just happened to look at their price. I was really surprised to find them so low! I would have bought both, but I never would have had room in the car. DS is still using his SR32, and I do have a MyRide I was going to use. I figure whatever one I like better, I will put in my car and put the other in DH's. I'm almost tempted to go back tomorrow and buy the last one if its still there for my mom's car. A Britax for the price of a Scenera? That's pretty good. Where exactly is the DOM printed? I must be blind, because I can't find it.

Snow mom
06-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Did you take it to the register? They hadn't done markdowns at my store but it still rang up 48 because everythings tied to corporate. It should ring up correctly even without the clearance sticker.

Are you sure because I took it to a price checker and it rang up there as $139. I assume the register would say the same as the in store price checkers?

happymom
06-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Thank you for posting OP! I just got one in my Target- there was no price anywhere near the box, so I asked a sales lady for help. She was completely not interested in making any effort to find out the price, so she just said- that one is a hundred and something dollars. Very helpful. NOT. I nicely told her that I had read online that many Targets have this seat on sale, and I would really apprectiate if she could find out for me....Anyway, she called over another salesperson and asked him to take the box to the scanner and see how much it is. (It was hard for me to do with DD in the cart). Sure enough, it was $49.98!! i never would have known without this thread, so thank you again so much.:signthankspin:

momtoz85
06-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Looks like some have already hit craigslist
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/bab/1780304932.html

ash
06-07-2010, 10:27 PM
THANK YOU!!! :bighand: We were able to get 3 tonight (one for us, one for mom, and one for a friend who promptly went to another store and got 3 more for her family). This saved us so much!!

I called multiple stores with the DPCI number and they looked it up immediately. If they showed in stock, all but one store-and I must have called 12-went to physically look to make sure they were in the store. Only one store would hold them since they were clearance. EVERY store said they were 49.98 when they looked up the number. We are in Georgia so I don't know if it varies from state to state.

poohbear
06-07-2010, 10:41 PM
You are welcome :) I have found many good deals thanks to this board so it's always nice to be able to post deals that help other mamas!

FWIW - Targets mark down differently from store to store. In fact, one store can mark down while a store 2 miles away doesn't. It's very strange IMO. When I good naturedly mentioned that I thought it was strange to a woman working at a store once she was snippy and said "no it's not, lots of stores do that." Um okay, whatever. I have to say that the woman at my store today was SUPER nice. I was shopping with DS and I told her I needed 2 seats and she called someone over, loaded them onto a cart for me and had them waiting at the register for me when I was ready. Then someone brought them to my car and loaded them in. Pretty good service for a seat that I paid 25% for!

Anyway, DOM is printed on the outside of the box on the side (right side if you're facing the front of the box) about three quarters of the way down. I'd take a pic but my camera isn't charged...

WolfpackMom
06-07-2010, 11:03 PM
I may, or may not ;) have posted a warning message on Craigslist (I live where that ad was posted). These I am sure are going to go down in price online soon and at other stores. While I have to say I cant really blame someone trying to make money, thats just shady IMHO.

WolfpackMom
06-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Are you sure because I took it to a price checker and it rang up there as $139. I assume the register would say the same as the in store price checkers?

Thats what they explained to me when checking the price, maybe the dude was wrong...

poohbear
06-07-2010, 11:28 PM
I may, or may not ;) have posted a warning message on Craigslist (I live where that ad was posted). These I am sure are going to go down in price online soon and at other stores. While I have to say I cant really blame someone trying to make money, thats just shady IMHO.

I may or may not ;) think that was kinda cool of you to do :)... I left at least one behind for other mamas in need of a bargain.

I agree that it's kind of icky. But I guess buyer beware on CL. I looked on there today to see if they were listed (there was one for $135), and someone had their 2 MAs listed for $75 each - with DOMs of 2004 (but only used until 2007! and never in an accident!). Makes me sad...

Kaylee31
06-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Anyway, DOM is printed on the outside of the box on the side (right side if you're facing the front of the box) about three quarters of the way down. I'd take a pic but my camera isn't charged...

Thanks, I didn't think to look on the box, duh. I was looking on the back & bottom of the seat itself. The date on mine is 4/01/10, so thats good.

dukie41181
06-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Thanks, I didn't think to look on the box, duh. I was looking on the back & bottom of the seat itself. The date on mine is 4/01/10, so thats good.

Great IMO. The seats I got were February 2010.

srhs
06-08-2010, 12:14 AM
I bit the bullet and wentr to my Target eventhough the woman said they werent on sale. Found the markdown team and they just hadnt been done yet. I got 3, one for my and dh's cars and one for gma!:yay: I was so excited I almost hugged the Target guy but instead just told him that he "made my life." Pretty sure they all thought I was nuts...
I think I need to head there tomorrow AM. How might I identify the markdown team? What am I looking for? A pricing gun, orange stickers, and a red cart?

kbud
06-08-2010, 12:23 AM
I may or may not ;) think that was kinda cool of you to do :)... I left at least one behind for other mamas in need of a bargain.

I agree that it's kind of icky. But I guess buyer beware on CL. I looked on there today to see if they were listed (there was one for $135), and someone had their 2 MAs listed for $75 each - with DOMs of 2004 (but only used until 2007! and never in an accident!). Makes me sad...

I don't get why people think this is shady? And why would the buyer need to beware? There is nothing wrong about it. The buyer on CL is not being sold a defective product or being scammed. The seller happened to get a great price on the item. they took the time to go out looking for it, purchasing it and listing it. The buyer has the choice to buy or not at the listed price. The buyer could also scower Targets trying to get the seat cheaper. The seller makes a bit of extra cash for their efforts and the buyer still gets a new seat for a decent price. It's called the free market.

I'm trying to decide right now if I should keep my R50 or sell it for a few extra bucks on CL. I'm a SAHM and in the past have picked up some extra cash for reselling clearanced items on CL. Maybe I'm missing something????

Rainbows&Roses
06-08-2010, 12:44 AM
This would serve the same purpose as the MA/BLVD. It is basically a MA with a bit of a lower FF weight limit and no lockoffs. Your next seat would be a booster, pref harnessed (Nauti, Frontier)...

The britax site says the roundabout does have built in lock-offs.

Thanks for posting this. I found 2 at my Target with April manufacture dates. A steal. Now to see if they will fit!

eta: oops, I didn't realize these were 50's. Wonder why they didn't put lock-offs in these when they have them on the regular ones?!?

poohbear
06-08-2010, 12:54 AM
I don't get why people think this is shady? And why would the buyer need to beware? There is nothing wrong about it. The buyer on CL is not being sold a defective product or being scammed. The seller happened to get a great price on the item. they took the time to go out looking for it, purchasing it and listing it. The buyer has the choice to buy or not at the listed price. The buyer could also scower Targets trying to get the seat cheaper. The seller makes a bit of extra cash for their efforts and the buyer still gets a new seat for a decent price. It's called the free market.

I'm trying to decide right now if I should keep my R50 or sell it for a few extra bucks on CL. I'm a SAHM and in the past have picked up some extra cash for reselling clearanced items on CL. Maybe I'm missing something????

What I wrote buyer beware about was the 2 MAs being sold with DOM of 2004. Since Britax seats expire in 6 years, those seats would have a maximum of 6 months left. So, yes, I kind of consider that a defective product. There have been many posts and threads about not buying car seats on CL...
But you're right. If someone couldn't get the seat for $49.98 because someone else bought it with the intention of reselling it on CL, it would be the CL buyer's choice of whether or not they would purchase it. Or perhaps buy a Scenera for $40 at Walmart instead.

I was the OP and I started the thread because I found a good deal and wanted other moms to be able to get a good deal on a new car seat if they needed one. If people choose to go and resell for profit, that's their business. Personally, I wouldn't do it for a lot of reasons, one of which is that I don't have the time or the energy to run around buying seats and then listing them on CL, fielding emails, and having people meet me to buy them. But that's me. That's not to say I won't sell a stroller when I no longer need it...
(And FWIW - there are retailers out there that will ban people from their stores for reselling products. (For example Coach)).

kbud
06-08-2010, 01:10 AM
What I wrote buyer beware about was the 2 MAs being sold with DOM of 2004. Since Britax seats expire in 6 years, those seats would have a maximum of 6 months left. So, yes, I kind of consider that a defective product.
But you're right. If someone couldn't get the seat for $49.98 because someone else bought it with the intention of reselling it on CL, it would be the CL buyer's choice of whether or not they would purchase it. Or perhaps buy a Scenera for $40 at Walmart instead.

I was the OP and I started the thread because I found a good deal and wanted other moms to be able to get a good deal on a new car seat if they needed one. If people choose to go and resell for profit, that's their business. Personally, I wouldn't do it for a lot of reasons, one of which is that I don't have the time or the energy to run around buying seats and then listing them on CL, fielding emails, and having people meet me to buy them. But that's me. That's not to say I won't sell a stroller when I no longer need it...
(And FWIW - there are retailers out there that will ban people from their stores for reselling products. (For example Coach)).

That makes sense. Sorry I misunderstood. I thought the buyer beware was for a new RA50 so I didn't get that.

For those who do have the time and energy that's why I feel its ok for them to make a few bucks from it because it does take time and energy to find the deals.

I bought mine with the intent to use it to replace a Wizard that will expire next year. Since it was discounted so low I didn't think it through too much and just grabbed it. After talking it over w/my dh I'm thinking it may make more sense to get a Nautilus for her when the Wizard expires. She'll be almost 4 and then the Nautilus should be the last seat we need for her. With this seat we'd still have to buy a booster as some point. So now I'm thinking I could list it on CL and see what happens. If I can make a bit off of it I can put that towards the Nautilus. I do have a friend who may want to buy it from me as well. Or maybe I'll still keep it as we'll need a seat for the grandparent's cars when she outgrows the Scenera. Oh, decisions decisions....

FooMama
06-08-2010, 02:30 AM
Thanks, OP! I called a bunch of stores today and even though the computer stock check thingy said they were in stock, the salespeople said they were not. Based on what someone posted (sorry, I forget who) I took a chance and went to my local store. Lo and behold, sitting all on its lonesome was my brand new (4/2010) Britax for $49.98. I think the kids who checked the stock did look, but probably just in the car seat aisle. My RA was sitting over by the furniture and clearance racks, which is also where they put the returned merchandise from the Internet. What a score!! :yay:

Nibbler
06-08-2010, 02:46 AM
Thanks so much - we were able to find one at a slightly-further away Target. It was tucked under the pack n' plays and marked @ 99.98, but rang up @ the 49.98 price. Woohoo!

WolfpackMom
06-08-2010, 07:13 AM

Like I said, you can't blame people for trying to make an extra buck, or 270 in this case. I just posted a buyer beware on there to atleast let people know that they could get the seat for much less money by doing a little research. I guess shady wasn't the right word, sorry to offend anyone.

WolfpackMom
06-08-2010, 07:17 AM
I think I need to head there tomorrow AM. How might I identify the markdown team? What am I looking for? A pricing gun, orange stickers, and a red cart?

At my store nothing was marked, I looked in baby the section and checked skew numbers. But yes if things were marked down I suppose you would look for big red stickers :) good luck

poohbear
06-08-2010, 07:51 AM
That makes sense. Sorry I misunderstood. I thought the buyer beware was for a new RA50 so I didn't get that.

For those who do have the time and energy that's why I feel its ok for them to make a few bucks from it because it does take time and energy to find the deals.

I bought mine with the intent to use it to replace a Wizard that will expire next year. Since it was discounted so low I didn't think it through too much and just grabbed it. After talking it over w/my dh I'm thinking it may make more sense to get a Nautilus for her when the Wizard expires. She'll be almost 4 and then the Nautilus should be the last seat we need for her. With this seat we'd still have to buy a booster as some point. So now I'm thinking I could list it on CL and see what happens. If I can make a bit off of it I can put that towards the Nautilus. I do have a friend who may want to buy it from me as well. Or maybe I'll still keep it as we'll need a seat for the grandparent's cars when she outgrows the Scenera. Oh, decisions decisions....

Like wolfpack mom, I wasn't trying to offend anyone either, and please don't get me wrong, if you decide you don't want your RA50, and choose to sell it, I don't think that's shady or icky or anything (especially because sometimes Target's return policy leaves something to be desired). For me, I only bought what I needed and I like to think that someone did what I did and saw a Britax, saw it was only $49.98, did a double take, jumped up a little, and snatched it up because they needed a new car seat and were planning on getting a scenera for $39. Or maybe someone from this board got one I left behind. That thought makes me REALLY happy :)

WolfpackMom
06-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Like wolfpack mom, I wasn't trying to offend anyone either, and please don't get me wrong, if you decide you don't want your RA50, and choose to sell it, I don't think that's shady or icky or anything (especially because sometimes Target's return policy leaves something to be desired). For me, I only bought what I needed and I like to think that someone did what I did and saw a Britax, saw it was only $49.98, did a double take, jumped up a little, and snatched it up because they needed a new car seat and were planning on getting a scenera for $39. Or maybe someone from this board got one I left behind. That thought makes me REALLY happy :)

My thoughts exactly!:thumbsup:

pharmjenn
06-08-2010, 08:59 AM
So I checked the online locator a few hours ago when I first saw the post, and there was limited availability at a few stores in my general vicinity. I just went back online to write down the store info and DPCI etc, and most of the stores are now listing OOS. It is the middle of the night here, and none are 24hrs. Weird how it changed. I am still going to stop at one store on my way home from work and hope (fingers crossed) they have one still.
My 2.5yo DS is in a Scenera in my car, but approaching 35lbs so this would be a great option. It is hard to get a good fit for the other seats I have tried (Radian and Frontier) in my Mitsu Eclipse, so hoping this will do the trick.

beth239
06-08-2010, 09:02 AM
I saw this post this morning and called. They had one in stock so I rushed over and it was still there. I am so excited. What a great deal!!! Thank you so much.

doberbrat
06-08-2010, 09:03 AM
THANKS to the OP. I was able to run out and grab one at a Target 25mi away. trying to decide if I want to try and get the one that I know is 50ish mi away. can you even buy a cover that cheap w/shipping?

ElspethCordelia
06-08-2010, 09:09 AM
My daughter got up early this morning so I decided to pop over to the local bagel shop. It's across the street from Target and low and behold I got one!

We have a MyRide65 and a Scenera. I posted the Scenera that's been used twice on facebook for $30 and I already have two bites.

Mine has a 2/12/2010 manufacture date.

lilhilly
06-08-2010, 10:51 AM
THANKS to the OP. I was able to run out and grab one at a Target 25mi away. trying to decide if I want to try and get the one that I know is 50ish mi away. can you even buy a cover that cheap w/shipping?

Check the box for the one you just bought -- I just received a new Frontier 85 that had a bright yellow postcard in it with an invitation to complete a survey in exchange for a promo code worth 40% off at Britax's online store . . . which sells covers.

momtoz85
06-08-2010, 11:17 AM
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/bab/1781238057.html looks like theres more on craigslist :(

Snow mom
06-08-2010, 11:18 AM
I went back to the store I was at yesterday at lunchtime. It occurred to me that the woman I had talked to about mark downs was the markdown crew and I was just a bit too early:banghead:. This morning I checked online and they were listed as OOS. I was so sad that I had just barely missed it. I had some errands to run so I figured I'd stop in "just in case". Yesterday there were three (two with the carseats and one with the strollers). The two with the carseats were gone but there was still the other one and it had been discounted :boogie:. I really appreciate everyone who posted their finds because that is what convinced me it was worth checking again.

KpbS
06-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Score!!!! And I was psyched about the $139 deal! Even DH was jazzed, lol!

georgiegirl
06-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the tip! I managed to find one at the Target around the corner. The website said limited availability. It was in the car seat section with the red clearance sticker on the box...no other markings nearby indicating clearance or sale. It was the only one there.

I'm pretty excited since DS was using DD's old pink flowered marathon (which I can now give to my parents for them to use for her since it still has two years left on it.) It is funny that buying a new Britax was cheaper than buying a new cover for the Marathon.

GaPeach_in_Ca
06-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Just got one and left one at the SJ Monterey Hey Target.
I'm planning on using it for travel because we have the older GoGoKidz that only works on Britax and our 2 Britax are on the verge of expiring. Cheaper than a new model GoGoKidz!

WatchingThemGrow
06-08-2010, 01:01 PM
phew... I don't need to rush out... Both of our Targets had them yesterday, but we had a 1st bday party at our place. This morning ONE store had them, and just now it went OOS. I wanted so much to go get one for a neighbor family who needs a seat, but has no idea (barely speak English), but I couldn't swing it after going to the triple dentist appt and a nap for the baby.

Now I need to find another way to get them one...

yalie2001
06-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Score! :yay:

went to 2 different Targets in my area (didn't want to call and have an employee snag it up!) and no luck. Got desperate so I started calling around. Called one Target that had it in stock but the manager said it was ringing up as $199.

gave up and went home b/c DD was getting tired driving around town...then decided to call a few more from home just to see if they had it and found a store that had 3!! I knew that if they had 3, odds were I'd be able to get one if I left right away.... got there and didn't see any on the shelf :( Just a Roundabout 50 in a non-clearance pattern so I asked an employee to help me out. He told me that clearanced items usually are put out and not in the back...but I begged him to check for me. He went to the back and found all 3 back there! (not sure if an employee was trying to hide them?) So if you don't see one out in the store and the system is showing some in stock, ask them to check the back!

so excited about this deal, thanks OP! :bighand:

dukie41181
06-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Score! :yay:

went to 2 different Targets in my area (didn't want to call and have an employee snag it up!) and no luck. Got desperate so I started calling around. Called one Target that had it in stock but the manager said it was ringing up as $199.

gave up and went home b/c DD was getting tired driving around town...then decided to call a few more from home just to see if they had it and found a store that had 3!! I knew that if they had 3, odds were I'd be able to get one if I left right away.... got there and didn't see any on the shelf :( Just a Roundabout 50 in a non-clearance pattern so I asked an employee to help me out. He told me that clearanced items usually are put out and not in the back...but I begged him to check for me. He went to the back and found all 3 back there! (not sure if an employee was trying to hide them?) So if you don't see one out in the store and the system is showing some in stock, ask them to check the back!

so excited about this deal, thanks OP! :bighand:

Wow! Crazy that they'd be in the stockroom when on 75% clearance!

lkarp
06-08-2010, 02:35 PM
I scored the last one at our local Target! So excited especially since manufacture date was March 23, 2010! DD3 is now set for her larger car seat. Thanks for the heads up!

jgenie
06-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Thanks OP!! I found three seats!! Two for DH's car and one for grandma. :yay::yay:

melrose7
06-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I ran out to Target this morning and was so excited to find 2 left. I bought one and left one for some other lucky person. I was going to buy two but thought I would make someone else's day too. I just had to move DD2 FF because she outgrew her roundabout that went to 40lbs and put her in an evenflo chase which i don't like. Is this the same size shell? She was too tall for that one so is she going to be too tall for this one too? either way I couldn't pass it up as DS1 can use it when he outgrows his safeseat.

marymoo86
06-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Yeah! Got one too! :D

Is the onyx the only available cover?

SpaceGal
06-08-2010, 03:41 PM
I got one too very excited! I had been stalking this seat for sometime now.

poohbear
06-08-2010, 05:03 PM
melrose - same size shell as MA
marymoo - you can use MA covers :) http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=361677

njk07
06-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Around what age do infants transition to this seat? ... and what age do toddlers transition to the booster? I'm trying to figure out if we'll need another one. Thanks.

Seitvonzu
06-08-2010, 08:12 PM
thanks original poster-- scoring one of these really salvaged my otherwise EXTREMELY frustrating day. my husband was in an accident in my car and lucy was in her seat-- impact was on the other side and was at low speed and the carseat seemed perfect (she barely even knew it happened -- only because of the police car and ambulance/ etc), but i've been worrying about that seat in the back of my mind ever since it happened.

my husband has agreed to stop saying it was paranoid to buy this seat-- 50 dollars!??!?!?! how can he say ANYTHING?

so thank you!

Jacobsmom
06-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks OP! Was able to get one today. Needed an extra carseat for the summer since we'll be having family help out with DS. My store had 1 or 2 more in stock. I was surprised there were any left at that price!

melrose7
06-08-2010, 08:53 PM
melrose - same size shell as MA
marymoo - you can use MA covers :) http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=361677

thanks.. i know i could have tried her in it but it was raining and i didn't want to get it from the car. after i wrote i did get it and she does fit in it. but if it's the same shell as the MA then it won't fit 3 across in the 3rd row of the caravan. now i have to decide what i can do if i want to use it for her elsewhere in the van or save it for DS.

JanBaby
06-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Around what age do infants transition to this seat? ... and what age do toddlers transition to the booster? I'm trying to figure out if we'll need another one. Thanks.

My DD transitioned from her Snugride to a MA/BLVD (DH's car, my car) pretty early. I think she was somewhere between 6-9 months but I can't remember exactly. She just hated the recline and was much happier in the bigger seat.

pastrygirl
06-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Around what age do infants transition to this seat? ... and what age do toddlers transition to the booster? I'm trying to figure out if we'll need another one. Thanks.Both my babies have moved into a convertible at around 3 months old, because they hated their infant seats. Toddlers don't move into boosters -- they are waaaay too young. More like 5 or 6 years old.

dukie41181
06-08-2010, 10:08 PM

My daughter moved at 4 months because she very much disliked her infant seat.

mom2mack&max
06-08-2010, 10:41 PM
How does the RA relate in size to the Marathon? My Marathon is about ready to expire, but if it's bigger it will be tight in the back row.

njk07
06-08-2010, 10:59 PM

Thank you all for the responses. It's very helpful. I should be off to the Targets in my area tomorrow :)

DebbieJ
06-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Has anyone found one in Chicagoland?

essnce629
06-08-2010, 11:22 PM
I got one today too! I may try and go back for another one for my friend who wasn't able to get one at the Target near her.

Momof3Labs
06-08-2010, 11:22 PM

I didn't check. In fact, we had just come back from ST when I saw this thread!

DebbieJ
06-08-2010, 11:27 PM

I was at the TP ST last night and didn't see one there, but the website says "Limited Availibility." I know someone who works there now--maybe I'll have him check.

novmber
06-08-2010, 11:28 PM

my husband snagged one for my sister at the Batavia Target and someone on another board mentioned finding one in Elgin and S. Elgin.

good luck!

cuca_
06-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks OP! I was able to buy 2 this morning!

Suzanne74
06-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I am heading out to 2 Targets as soon as my 9 month old wakes up. All say OOS but keep your fingers crossed for me.

peggy_morrison
06-09-2010, 01:30 PM
I was not so lucky, I waited too long. :cry:

Does anyone know how often these go on clearance? Just curious, thanks.

PAfirsttimemom
06-09-2010, 02:33 PM
We don't really "need" this seat, as I have DS2 in a Blvd in main car and a Scenera in DH's car. But I am wondering at this price whether we might want to replace the Scenera with the RA. Would that be wasteful? Would there be any major benefit to replacing the Scenera? I guess the seat would be more padded and last a little bit longer. Is that worth forking over the $50?

ElspethCordelia
06-09-2010, 02:43 PM
We don't really "need" this seat, as I have DS2 in a Blvd in main car and a Scenera in DH's car. But I am wondering at this price whether we might want to replace the Scenera with the RA. Would that be wasteful? Would there be any major benefit to replacing the Scenera? I guess the seat would be more padded and last a little bit longer. Is that worth forking over the $50?

I replaced a Scenera with this Roundabout. It was only a month old so I sold it to a friend for $30 over facebook. It was my extra carseat for my mom or husbands car. The Scenera was kind of a pain to install I thought. I like my MyRide so much more.

theriviera
06-09-2010, 02:55 PM
where are these in the target store? i am going to head out at lunch.

PAfirsttimemom
06-09-2010, 03:27 PM
I replaced a Scenera with this Roundabout. It was only a month old so I sold it to a friend for $30 over facebook. It was my extra carseat for my mom or husbands car. The Scenera was kind of a pain to install I thought. I like my MyRide so much more.

Good to know. Thanks. Not sure my Target even has them, and they'll probably be gone by the time I can get there tomorrow. But I might check it out. I love a bargain! :-)

poohbear
06-09-2010, 08:52 PM

Mine came from Chicagoland (northern suburbs). Here's the stores I'm pretty sure DON'T have them:
HP, Golf Mill, Palatine (Dundee rd), Mundelein, Vernon Hills, Gurnee, Wheeling
Hope that helps.

poohbear
06-09-2010, 08:55 PM
I was not so lucky, I waited too long. :cry:

Does anyone know how often these go on clearance? Just curious, thanks.

I think these were a special buy they did for a weekly special they ran a few months ago. Then they probably decided they didn't have the shelf space for them and clearanced them out. Most Targets don't carry Britax seats anymore - only one or two stores out of 10 or so near me carry them. Those stores will probably clearance theirs in July or August when the new seats come out, I'm guessing... (but I don't think they have the quantities that were available this time around)... :(
It's possible that they will clearance them online - they still have them and last week they were $139 with free shipping. If you have AAA, you can get 10% off, which is still not a bad deal...

kristac
06-09-2010, 09:06 PM
I've been lurking in this thread enviously trying to get up the nerve to tote 3 kids around to various Targets on a hunt for this steal. But I NEVER have any luck at my Target (in NC) and so I had pretty much written it off as a lost cause when low and behold my mother sent me a link on facebook to the the inventory finder saying that there were some left near her (in FL). I had never mentioned the deal to my mother- don't know how she found out about it. Then she called a bit ago and she was at the store and had one in hand- did I want her to get it for me? :yay: She is coming up in 2 weeks for DS2's bday. So I just have 2 more weeks to live with the evil combi shuttle infant seat and then new carseat bliss can begin!!!

[OT VENT]Oh how I LOTHE the combi shuttle DS3 is in now. My blood boils just thinking of its infuriating puzzle buckle. I finally gave up taking it in and out of the car because I didn't want my other DS' to learn so many 4 letter words. I am convinced that that thing is from one of the levels of dante's inferno. I won it in an auction for $25 brand new. WORST $25 I ever spent.[/OT VENT]

srhs
06-09-2010, 11:59 PM
I've been lurking in this thread enviously trying to get up the nerve to tote 3 kids around to various Targets on a hunt for this steal. But I NEVER have any luck at my Target (in NC) and so I had pretty much written it off as a lost cause when low and behold my mother sent me a link on facebook to the the inventory finder saying that there were some left near her (in FL). I had never mentioned the deal to my mother- don't know how she found out about it. Then she called a bit ago and she was at the store and had one in hand- did I want her to get it for me? :yay: She is coming up in 2 weeks for DS2's bday. So I just have 2 more weeks to live with the evil combi shuttle infant seat and then new carseat bliss can begin!!!

[OT VENT]Oh how I LOTHE the combi shuttle DS3 is in now. My blood boils just thinking of its infuriating puzzle buckle. I finally gave up taking it in and out of the car because I didn't want my other DS' to learn so many 4 letter words. I am convinced that that thing is from one of the levels of dante's inferno. I won it in an auction for $25 brand new. WORST $25 I ever spent.[/OT VENT]
Either your mom is :heartbeat:AWESOME:heartbeat: (can I borrow her?), or she's stalking you on the BBB. I'm just sayin'. ;)
Congrats either way on the score! :bighand:

Kaylee31
06-10-2010, 12:59 AM
Went back to Target earlier tonight and bought a 2nd roundabout. I can't believe no one bought the last one in the 2 days since I'd been there! The box was hanging half open-- like someone had checked out the seat and decided against it or something. Their loss, my gain!

dukie41181
06-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Went back to Target earlier tonight and bought a 2nd roundabout. I can't believe no one bought the last one in the 2 days since I'd been there! The box was hanging half open-- like someone had checked out the seat and decided against it or something. Their loss, my gain!

they must not have known the quality of the seat or that it was only $49.98! Glad they left it for you!

blondflava
06-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Boohoo... I need a convertible. I dragged my baby (with the cold) yesterdacy that 'according to the website' had limited availability.. But no luck. Didn't feel like going to other Targets with the sneezing crank'a'pot of my DD. I hope DH will get home earlier tonight so I can go for a hunt! Other than that, I'll probably get the Evenflo Triumph, it's 100 on Amazon right now...
Anyone knows if any Target in Northern NJ has the Roundabout left?????? Pretty please :D

LD92599
06-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Anyone knows if any Target in Northern NJ has the Roundabout left?????? Pretty please :D

Not that i've found!

DebbieJ
06-10-2010, 12:06 PM
you can call the stores first and ask before dragging your kids out!

mom2mack&max
06-10-2010, 12:22 PM
And even have them go look for you, even if they say they have them. The sa was none to happy with me when I asked her to go check, when the computer said they had 4 at the store. She looked all over and there were none left.

theriviera
06-10-2010, 03:13 PM
My DH was able to get one yesterday at a Target in LA. I went to one and they didn't have it so he went to one by his office. It was not marked as on clearance though but when he did the price check it rang up as 49.98!

blondflava
06-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Not that i've found!

Thanks... double boohoo. Did you check the Clifton one?

jenfromnj
06-11-2010, 05:04 PM
I found one at the Riverdale, NJ store, it was the only one left according to the team member who checked for me. I was picking it up for a friend, but it turns out her mom also found one for her this morning (in CT).

So if anyone in Northern NJ needs one of these and was unable to find one, PM me, I'd be happy to sell it for what I paid if you'd be willing to meet somewhere convenient (which could really mean anywhere within a reasonable distance from the Bergen County area).

njk07
06-11-2010, 05:18 PM
I found one at the Riverdale, NJ store, it was the only one left according to the team member who checked for me. I was picking it up for a friend, but it turns out her mom also found one for her this morning (in CT).

So if anyone in Northern NJ needs one of these and was unable to find one, PM me, I'd be happy to sell it for what I paid if you'd be willing to meet somewhere convenient (which could really mean anywhere within a reasonable distance from the Bergen County area).

Hi, jenfromnj! I just sent you PM. Thanks :)

craftysierra
06-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Figures my Target has them and we are not in need of a seat.

essnce629
06-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Figures my Target has them and we are not in need of a seat.

What Target?

craftysierra
06-11-2010, 08:39 PM
San Bernardino County, Apple Valley.

cindys
06-11-2010, 09:56 PM
I have been to 3 Targets in the Atlanta area (Gwinnett) with no luck...Errrr

Might try some others tomorrow.

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...19, 4 & 19mos:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

poohbear
06-12-2010, 07:45 AM
For those of you who left a Sutton behind hoping another mama who needed a seat could get a Britax rather than a Scenera, this thread should make you happy: :)
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=362076

WolfpackMom
06-12-2010, 08:06 AM
For those of you who left a Sutton behind hoping another mama who needed a seat could get a Britax rather than a Scenera, this thread should make you happy: :)
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=362076

Big Thumbs up for that! :thumbsup:

blondflava
06-12-2010, 09:38 AM
:bighand:

I'm glad some folks had more luck :)

poohbear
06-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Here's a glimmer of hope - they're still online at target.com. I don't think they'll ever go down to $49, but they may go down to $99... They were $139 last week. I would keep checking online... Target.com does clearance items out. Also, those britaxes that are in some stores now are going to probably get clearanced out when the new models come out.
GL!

GonnaBeNana
06-12-2010, 11:10 AM
I don't need one, but for that price, I'd get it and save it for my daughter's baby (won't need for 12-18 mo.) or even donate it to our local women's pregnancy center. They have an earn while you learn program (my daughter is in it now) and participants earn points they can spend in their "store" to purchase things for their baby. It would be a great way to support a wonderful program in our community. Our Target is sold out here and it's the only one in town.

If anyone does manage to get one they don't need, I'd be willing to purchase it from them, depending on what the shipping to ND would be.

Beth

k_null81
06-12-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm so freaking excited right now! I was able to find one more even though all the stores in my area are claiming out of stock!

My mom actually found both of them. She found the 1st one a couple days ago at a location that claimed to be out of stock. My husband and I went around to a couple local stores during this past week hoping to have the same luck with no luck at all. My mom just went down to the Target that is less then a mile away and found another one!!!! It still had the 139 clearance sticker on it but of course it scanned for 49!!! Oh and we had checked this location a couple days as well with no luck!

So anyone that is still looking you may want to re-check your stores! You still may get lucky!

GaPeach_in_Ca
06-12-2010, 01:47 PM
If you bought one but decided you don't really need it, would you return it or sell it on Craigslist? Returning it is obviously easier, but I could get an extra $50 to cover my LLBean backpack purchase (thank you BBB :p) if I sold on Craigslist.

poohbear
06-12-2010, 08:48 PM
If you bought one but decided you don't really need it, would you return it or sell it on Craigslist? Returning it is obviously easier, but I could get an extra $50 to cover my LLBean backpack purchase (thank you BBB :p) if I sold on Craigslist.

I would probably see if someone here in your area needed one before you returned it (obviously you can't offer it for sale on the boards, but I believe it was jenfromnj just posted that she had an extra and to pm her if someone wanted it for $49.98 rather than returning it). Then I think if you can handle the annoyances of CL, it's fine to sell it. (I was just frustrated about people - not necessarily on this board - hoarding with the intention to sell for profit). Just my two cents. Do what you think is best though :)

essnce629
06-12-2010, 11:40 PM

I would probably sell it to one of my friends or to a mom in my playgroup for the price I paid for it. Two of my friends and some of the moms in my playgroup were looking for seats but didn't find anything. I was able to get one seat (left 2 behind).

jgenie
06-12-2010, 11:49 PM
I would probably sell it to one of my friends or to a mom in my playgroup for the price I paid for it.

:yeahthat:

jerigirl
06-15-2010, 01:36 PM
WooHOo!! :yay:

I was at Target earlier getting Father's day cards (the shelves were empty btw!) and wandered thru the baby gear area. On the end cap were 2 Stonehenge (?) patterns and 1 Sutton! I had the SA scan it before I took it to the front, $49.99! This will be perfect for DS and our new boy on the way!

dukie41181
06-15-2010, 01:39 PM
WooHOo!! :yay:

I was at Target earlier getting Father's day cards (the shelves were empty btw!) and wandered thru the baby gear area. On the end cap were 2 Stonehenge (?) patterns and 1 Sutton! I had the SA scan it before I took it to the front, $49.99! This will be perfect for DS and our new boy on the way!

AWESOME! Surprised there was still one there but so happy for you! :cheerleader1:

jerigirl
06-15-2010, 01:43 PM
AWESOME! Surprised there was still one there but so happy for you! :cheerleader1:

Me too!! Early last week the online checker said out of stock at all of our local stores and I browsed thru the gear section one day while I was there and there weren't any Suttons.

poohbear
06-15-2010, 04:46 PM
I wonder if a few things happened because people have been reporting finding them in the last few days (even at stores that didn't have them last week)
1) there were some in the back room and they were brought out
2) people who bought them for $139 either decided they didn't need them and returned them and/or realized they went down and returned them hoping they'd be able to re-snag them at $49...
Or
3) there were just still some lying around.

marymoo86
06-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Did anyone receive a yellow survey card that you can participate in to receive the Britax code? I checked my box and didn't receive one :(.

If anyone did and would like to share please let me know!!

poohbear
06-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Did anyone receive a yellow survey card that you can participate in to receive the Britax code? I checked my box and didn't receive one :(.

If anyone did and would like to share please let me know!!

I think those were only on Frontier 85s...

jgenie
06-23-2010, 07:06 PM
If anyone is in SA and still looking - there's one seat at the Blanco SuperTarget. GL :)