PDA

View Full Version : Don't agree to playdate when you knew your house is a PIT!

niccig
06-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Last week I agreed with 2 other mothers to have a play date after school today. I knew it was probably my turn to host, but didn't think about it until this morning when we confirmed the time and place. Yes, it's my turn to host. I have now spent most of DS's school hours at the Trader Joes, so we had snacks as no food in the house, and then cleaning my house. We have a long haired dog and we have to de-dog the house before people are over. I am normally better at staying on top of clutter/vaccum cleaning, so it won't take long to pull the house into shape for guests. But not this last week.

Now I have 30 minutes before I have to go get DS from school. house is clean, but no other work got done today, so I'll be up late tonight to get other things done. And the kicker, the cleaner is coming tomorrow, why couldn't I have scheduled the playdate for after she came :6:

BabyMine
06-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Just make it a game. When they come over tell the kids that whomever cleans their area the fastest gets a treat.

elephantmeg
06-07-2010, 05:39 PM
oh no!!!!!!!!!!

gobadgers
06-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Oh man! Well, at least the post-playdate mess will be covered by the cleaners.

niccig
06-08-2010, 02:32 AM
Oh man! Well, at least the post-playdate mess will be covered by the cleaners.

Yep, silly me made popcorn for the kids. I got most of it, but I'm sure there's a wayward kernel here and there . At least the house is picked up for the cleaners, I normally do that tomorrow morning, so I have so free time then. I did get my work done tonight..and yes it's late...so off to bed. See you all in the morning.