PDA

View Full Version : Which wagon?

poohbear
06-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Target has 2 wagons on sale this week: the radio flyer pathfinder for $70 and the step 2 wagon for 2 plus for $50. Does anyone have any experience with either or recommend one over the other?
TIA!

MolieMuts
06-07-2010, 08:27 PM
We have the RF Pathfinder and I really like it. I think Radio Flyer and Step 2 both have quality products and the features on the two seem to be about the same. The only other thing you might want to look into is the wheel quality. We have had the RF for 5 years and the tires have held up really well. They both have seatbelts and cup holders and the construction looks about the same except the Step 2 has a door, but I don't really see any great benefit to that.

neeleymartin
06-07-2010, 08:33 PM
if i had to decide i would go with the step2, based mostly on the cheaper price tag. i think that i would also prefer the door. toddlers can get in/out themselves with more ease, i would think. i have neither, but would go step2, in willow.

Ladybug47
06-07-2010, 09:03 PM
We got the pathfinder one and our son loves-loves-loves it! It's very sturdy and he seems comfy in it, and we like the extra canopy we got for it -- good sun coverage.

MamaKath
06-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Target has 2 wagons on sale this week: the radio flyer pathfinder for $70 and the step 2 wagon for 2 plus for $50. Does anyone have any experience with either or recommend one over the other?
TIA!
Radio Flyer Pathfinder! Imo it is better made. Our neighbor's kids busted the wheels off the Step 2 version. I also preferred the handle length on it. And I think the seat backs make it more comfy for the kids to ride in.

jerigirl
06-08-2010, 10:29 AM
We have a RF and our friends have the step2 for their DS. IMO The door is a finger pincher possibility and when the boys were younger (18 mos or so) they constantly wanted to open and close the door even when the wagon was moving. I would go with the RF.

poohbear
06-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks!! I am going to see what diapers.com does for their sale starting on the 10th. I can have them pricematch the pathfinder to amazon ($75) (they don't have the step 2). With bing cashback and no tax, I can do a bit under $70. And not have to leave the house :) And apparently I can sell it on CL for $50 in a few years :)