PDA

View Full Version : Its Back !!!! Sortfloor books

eda
06-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Sortfloor books is back with free shipping over $19.99 and the new website BHFO looks really nice and easy to use. I haven't ordered yet but the prices are good, I think a little higher then sortfloor but not too bad.

http://www.bhfobooks.com/

theloo
06-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Looks good, but I wish they had free shipping @ $15 like they used to.

Deal Queen
06-08-2010, 01:14 PM
For those of you familiar with this website...how are the condition/quality of the books? I am asking becuase it appears like some of them may be used. What have people's experiences been?

Thanks

Veronica's Mommy
06-08-2010, 04:56 PM
I ordered many times through sortfloor and was always pleased. I don't think the books are used, at least not any I wound up with. They are overstock, and can be banged around or 'marked' (with an unobtrusive notch or marker swipe). But I gave some as gifts without thinking twice. HTH!

Sweetum
06-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Thank you so much! I ordered oh! so many books, and the average price per book was $2, which is a great deal! Now I just hope they don't look too bad, and reading PP's experience, I can certainly expect them to be good.

eda
06-08-2010, 11:42 PM
:yeahthat:
I ordered many times through sortfloor and was always pleased. I don't think the books are used, at least not any I wound up with. They are overstock, and can be banged around or 'marked' (with an unobtrusive notch or marker swipe). But I gave some as gifts without thinking twice. HTH!

Same here. I ordered from books-a-million while sortfloor was gone and was disappointed in the condition of books I received. I thought sortfloor had much better condition of their books.

hellokitty
06-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Sort floor is ok if you are buying books for your own family. However, I would not buy them to give as gifts. Mine all came with a big black cancellation mark on the binding and some of the covers had scratches on them. They didn't look used, but they looked like they had been mishandled.

mousemom
06-09-2010, 09:34 AM
For those of you familiar with this website...how are the condition/quality of the books? I am asking becuase it appears like some of them may be used. What have people's experiences been?

Thanks

We ordered a bunch of books from SortFloor last year. They are fine for use with our own toddler, but I would not purchase as gifts. I purposely ordered books listed in "new" condition and was disappointed that several items had minor damage - wear along the spine, bent corners, a tear along the spine, etc. I emailed their customer service and was not pleased with the response - it was difficult to understand (obviously not written by a native English speaker) and offered no help at all. That said, I would try ordering again if the price was low enough and it was for our own use at home.

maydaymommy
06-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Very happy with my prior SortFloorBooks experience.

I was really glad to get the email yesterday. It is A LOT of books to get to the free shipping since the prices are so low. I think it's a great deal & can't wait to order again. Saw lots of good stuff in children's, too!

Dancerella
06-09-2010, 11:00 AM
I placed a big order yesterday too! I ordered from them last year and was very happy with the books. I hope they are still good since the change. Their prices beat libarary late fees, as I never can seem to return books on time.

srhs
06-09-2010, 11:05 AM
I agree with PPs who have ordered for own family but not for gifts...at least not for wrap-it-up-as-a-present gifts.

mnosky1
06-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Has anyone seen discount codes - didn't they always have a monthly one on the site?

I never ordered with intent for gifts but would give 75% of them without a second thought. Most have just a pen mark through the barcode. Board books seemed to be a little more damaged and one box of baby einstein touch cards (10-15 cards for $2 though can't really complain), the box was all torn up. And one baby einstein book seemd perfect but had one page duplicated.

ett
06-09-2010, 02:46 PM
I've been very pleased with all my orders from Sortfloorbooks. (and I've ordered a whole bunch of times!) There are definitely some books that look brand new with no marks at all and would be fine to give as gifts. But you would not know in advance which books are like this, so I would not order a specific book for a gift.

gibas23
06-09-2010, 04:31 PM
yay...sortfloor books is back. We are in need of new books..time to place an order. Btw, I have made 4 orders in the past and have always more than satisfied with my order (considering the price I paid for the books)