PDA

View Full Version : Best diapers.com discounts?

crl
06-09-2010, 11:00 AM
What're the best diapers.com discounts? I am a returning customer, but I never actually used the first time customer discount. We could set DH up as a new customer. I know we use Bing (main reason I'm doing this now, before it goes away.). Should I just call and see if they will give me the new customer discount--what is it anyway?

I'm looking to buy a Tripp Trapp. It looks like they already have the best price so price matching won't help. . . .

Thanks!
Catherine

c&j04
06-09-2010, 11:12 AM
New customer discount should be posted on their home page. 10PERCENT. I set up a second acct in DH's name after I cleared my cookies,etc.

They sent out postcards announcing a sale that starts tomorrow. No idea yet what that will be. I have a reminder in my calendar to check in!

lareigna
06-09-2010, 11:43 AM
FYI: Diapers saves your shipping and billing address. So even if your hubby signs up or even if you move to a new house where someone has shipped there before, Diapers will not let you use the new customer discounts. You would have to have it shipped to another address, a family member or something.

crl
06-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks. He would use his work computer, email and shipping address. So I think we would be able to get that to work.

Catherine

lowrioh
06-09-2010, 11:51 AM
If you set up a registry you get an email with a 10% coupon after the due date has past.
I set a due date of 5/6/2010 and got the email on the 26th.

c&j04
06-09-2010, 12:33 PM
FYI: Diapers saves your shipping and billing address. So even if your hubby signs up or even if you move to a new house where someone has shipped there before, Diapers will not let you use the new customer discounts. You would have to have it shipped to another address, a family member or something.
That what I thought! But it worked for me in February and again in May. Always worth a try I guess if you run out of other options for addresses.

triple_j
06-09-2010, 12:48 PM
They also save credit card info. So he needs to use a different name, shipping address, and credit card from you. I tried to send something to my mom's name and address but didn't want to ask her for her credit card and it didn't work. They must have some smart database guys working over there!

twowhat?
06-09-2010, 01:09 PM
They also save credit card info. So he needs to use a different name, shipping address, and credit card from you. I tried to send something to my mom's name and address but didn't want to ask her for her credit card and it didn't work. They must have some smart database guys working over there!

I always take this as a good sign for a well-managed company:)

lareigna
06-09-2010, 01:48 PM

Actually, the second time I used the 1st time customer discount, I
1. Used my an alternate email to create a profile,
2. Used a friend's shipping address saved under the profile,
3. But I paid with Paypal which has all my actual information, credit card, name and even my actual shipping address they shipped to the first time. And it went through, even with the Bing CB.

I think it's because with Paypal, the merchant can't see any of your info, only what you enter on their site. Even if you pay with your hubby's card, you have to enter the billing address. That and the shipping address. That's what they save. I don't think they save the actual card number due to security concerns.

I hope I don't get in trouble, but there is a way around things. They really should offer that 10-15% periodically to repeat customers.

crl
06-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks for all the tips. I emailed diapers.com asking if I could have the new customer discount on my next order. They replied with a ten dollar credit to my account, which is nice, but not ten percent. . . .

Catherine

Sweetum
06-09-2010, 02:35 PM

I never realized the part about moving to a place where someone has ordered before. But that sucks!