PDA

View Full Version : Tag vs Tag Jr.

scrooks
06-09-2010, 02:43 PM
DD currently has a Tag Jr. She got it at Christmas and I kind of thought it was a bust...she didn't really play with it often- until recently. She has been playing with it every single day reading all (3) books we have for it. Her birthday is coming up and I'm wondering- 1) should I just invest in a few more books or 2) should I move up and get her a Tag?
What is the difference between the 2? What will I gain with the Tag? She will be 3 by the way...

scrooks
06-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm going to bump this to see if anyone has any thoughts but I saw that they have a great price on Tags this weekend at TRU so I may purchase one and save it til xmas...she is pretty happy with the tag jr now.

longamkl
06-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Hi,

We have both the Tag and Tag Jr. for my b/g twins. As with a lot of things, there are plusses and minuses. The Tag Jr. is much easier for my 20 month-olds to hold/control and make work. They can make the Tag work but it takes a little more finesse (fine motor skills). I would think that this wouldn't be a problem with a 3 year old. I don't like that the Tag Jr. holds so few books. I think we have about 7 on ours and it is maxed out. We have about 10 or 11 Tag Jr. books and they all fit on the Tag with plenty of room for more. The Tag will read the Tag Jr. books but the Tag Jr. will not read Tag books. The Tag is shaped like a fat pen. Does that help?

MommyofAmaya
06-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Skip the Jr. We just passed Amayas 1st gen Tag (only holds 5 books) onto Sebastian (22mo) when we got her the 32mb version. He operates it fine. He didn't like his Jr. nearly as much.