PDA

View Full Version : Great Wolf Lodge - Kansas City

DietCokeLover
06-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Has anyone been to this? If so, is it a good place for 2.5 and 3.5 yos, or is it for older kids?

Would you recommend it?

WatchingThemGrow
06-10-2010, 09:44 PM
We went to the one in NC for my birthday last summer. We had a 1.5yo and a 3yo plus the 6ish week old. We stayed one night, so we had 2 days in the waterpark. It worked out well for us. There were older kids running around doing the MagiQuest games after hours, but our DC were fast asleep by then. If you have 1:1, then waterparks are pretty fun. When you're outnumbered, things get logistically more difficult. We just did 2 waterpark days this past weekend and looked fondly back at GWL because we could stroller down the long halls and right out to the pools/slides. They had a GREAT toddler area, plus some other areas that worked for us too!

DietCokeLover
06-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Thank you. We were thinking of taking a couple of days and going to St. Louis, but I saw this place and thought it looked very cool! Now I have to figure out where to go! (And if I feel like being in a bathing suit! - ha)

3blackcats
06-14-2010, 10:28 AM
We are going to the one in VA in Sept. What I read was that it was worth it to stay for two nights. Since checkout is at 11am, you would be living out of the locker room not your hotel room with your wet clothes, etc. They have promotions going on right now if you book two nights, I think the code is SUMMER

MacMacMoo
06-28-2010, 01:09 AM
We just went to the one in Wa. It was really fun since it never gets warm enough up here to really go swiming. DS had lots of fun in the toddler area and wave pool. DH enjoyed the big kid stuff.

MIL was treating which made the experience blah. because of her and FIL we only got to play in the park for two hours. So not worth the cost of a room.

LD92599
06-28-2010, 06:18 AM
Ds keeps asking when we're going back and I said when i find a decent enough code for 1 night. 1 night for us is plenty (and we're only about 90 minutes away, so fairly close).

WTG - good to hear about taking the 6 week old, since by the time we do get back there we'll have a newborn w/ us.