PDA

View Full Version : Grow the beard back

niccig
06-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Dh has has a beard ever since I knew him. He shaved it off this morning...OMG that is not how my husband looks. I know I'll get used to it, but I prefer the beard, I think he looks better with it. DS wants him to glue the pieces back up on his face.

Ok,not my beard, not my choice..I'll deal. But I swear I will walk past him at Target today without recognizing him. I better pay attention to his clothes so I don't walk up to some other bearded man and think he's mine.

truly scrumptious
06-12-2010, 02:03 PM
I better pay attention to his clothes so I don't walk up to some other bearded man and think he's mine.

:hysterical:

WatchingThemGrow
06-12-2010, 02:33 PM
DS wants him to glue the pieces back up on his face.

But I swear I will walk past him at Target today without recognizing him.
:hysterical: Dude, go get a quick cheap family portrait taken at Target (free 8x10 coupon). You will forever look at it with shock. My DH did the opposite the weeks around DS2's birth. All the family pictures we had done look like the lumberjack shacked up with the hooker (then-busty me in a black Majamas sleepy dress) and had three beautiful children, quickly.

ShanaMama
06-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Dh has has a beard ever since I knew him. He shaved it off this morning...OMG that is not how my husband looks. I know I'll get used to it, but I prefer the beard, I think he looks better with it. DS wants him to glue the pieces back up on his face.

Ok,not my beard, not my choice..I'll deal. But I swear I will walk past him at Target today without recognizing him. I better pay attention to his clothes so I don't walk up to some other bearded man and think he's mine.

Hey at least he's not scratchy, right? DH has also had a beard since I've known him & based on pics from his pre- beard days I understand why he grew it. But every once in a while I float the idea of taking it off. No dice.
He does look really distinguished & handsome with it, though.
I agree- go take pics. Does he plan to grow it back or is the new him?

niccig
06-13-2010, 05:58 AM
Hey at least he's not scratchy, right? DH has also had a beard since I've known him & based on pics from his pre- beard days I understand why he grew it. But every once in a while I float the idea of taking it off. No dice.
He does look really distinguished & handsome with it, though.
I agree- go take pics. Does he plan to grow it back or is the new him?

I didn't find his beard to be scratchy. I think DH looks more handsome with the beard. He's in a creative industry where you need to be hip and up with latest in pop culture. He was worried some of the grey in his beard made him look old. Without the beard there is less grey but he looks more like a middle aged man than before IMO. He is losing weight and maybe in a little while he could go beardless. It's kind of like Jonathan Frakes on Star Trek Next Generation in the later episodes when he put on some weight - handsome and distinguished with the beard. More middle aged looking without the beard.

I didn't say anything other than I didn't recognise him, but I do think he'll probably grow it back.

TwinFoxes
06-13-2010, 07:41 AM
It's interesting, I know very few guys with beards. I'm trying to think of them all. It's only a couple, and they're definitely older, so maybe your DH has a point. It sucks he feels pressure to change though.

egoldber
06-13-2010, 08:00 AM
I now how you feel. My DH has had a beard almost all his adult life. For our wedding he shaved it off and he is totally clean shaven in the pix. He really does not look like himself!

But I know what you mean about the gray in the beard. DH has a few grays in his hair, but his beard is a lot more gray. He doesn't have the same job issue as your DH though. For him, it is an advantage to look a little older.

Corie
06-13-2010, 07:16 PM
It's interesting, I know very few guys with beards.

I don't know a single guy with a beard. Isn't that crazy?

My Dad has had a mustache for my entire life. One day, he just up and
shaved it off. I didn't even notice that it was gone!!!

ewpmsw
06-13-2010, 07:40 PM
My father shaved off his beard and mustache when he returned to the Navy. I was 10 and he'd had it all my life. He did NOT look like my dad. I was probably too old to boo hoo over it, but did anyway. He just looked wrong.

DH grew stubble the week we were on vacation and was liking it quite a bit, but it was so not him. My father, brother and step-father have beards - It's not sexy to me. I think he was disappointed I didn't find it more dashing.

Dr C
06-13-2010, 08:25 PM
My DH shaves his beard on a whim every few years. I try not to panic. He always grows it back in the end...