PDA

View Full Version : Zoob?

sidmand
06-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Anyone have these? DS just got some for his birthday and they look pretty cool. I had never heard of them. It does say for ages 6+ and he's not that great at putting things together but he's doing okay. The gift was a 75 piece set...I was just wondering if that's a good amount for making things or if you would suggest any specific add-ons (the wheels, or people). So far he's having more fun playing with things I've created and I'm not so good unless I'm following specific directions though!

hellokitty
06-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I got a pk of these for my boys (the regular zoob, not the preschooler kind) and have been sorely disappointed. I should call the company to complain. Many of our zoob have broken. The female, 'clips' snap off. I have watched this happen and it was not b/c my children were mishandling the toy. I just think that it is not sturdy. Nice concept, but we still stick with LEGO and knex. I refuse to buy anymore zoob after our experience.

g-mama
06-13-2010, 07:34 PM
My oldest ds played with these constantly for about a year when he was around 6. We had no problems with any breakage here. He did some from the diagrams but played much more by just making up his own creations.

Tondi G
06-13-2010, 11:41 PM
we have some. My older DS got them from my MIL when DS2 was born. So they have been around for 5 years and I don't think we have had even one break! They are fun... the boys like to build their own contraptions ... often they turn into blasters since that is easy to create (tinker toys become blasters too). I've considered getting the set that creates cars or the one with the motors and RC.

http://www.amazon.com/Zoob-12060-ZoobMover-Power-Building/dp/B0010EBS56/ref=pd_sim_t_4