PDA

View Full Version : Bladder issues

KrystalS
06-14-2010, 09:50 AM
This is my 2nd pregnancy. I remember with my DD having bladder issues toward the end of pregnancy but never this early. I feel like I constantly have to go pee! I'm 20 wks and it has been like this for a few weeks now. I have bladder leakage multiple times a day, and at least every few days I will have a full on accident because I don't make it to the bathroom in time. No matter how many times a day I go I still have leakage. Just wondering if this is common with 2nd pregnancy or if I need to ask my dr. It's becoming very annoying and I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to wear panty liners everyday. I really would like to avoid this because its very hot and humid where I live.

GonnaBeNana
06-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Did you have any complications with your first pregnancy at delivery that were bladder related (ie: infection, dropped bladder, etc.)? I would mention it to your Dr. anyway, just so they are aware and monitor if necessary. Pregnancy often masks the symptoms of a UTI and they will want to make sure you don't have one. If left untreated, it can turn into pyelonephritis, a kidney infection which is dangerous during pregnancy. It can cause pre-term labor, etc. I had it with my 3rd.

I "dropped" (lowered) my bladder from pushing so long with my 1st (idiot Dr. didn't help), and actually delivered my bladder (between my baby and the placenta) with my second. 8 months after the delivery of my 4th, I had it repaired. That was 10 years ago and my symptoms are back, but not bad enough to make me want to repeat the surgery just yet.

I'm not trying to "freak you out" or anything, just to let you know to get it checked and mention it to your OB at your next appt.

Beth

KrystalS
06-14-2010, 11:19 AM
GonnaBeNana - Thanks for the info, I didn't have any of those complications with my first pregnancy. After reading some things online I think I might have a UTI. I constantly feel the urge to go, even after I have just went. I have a dr appt tomorrow so I'm going to ask about it while I'm there.

Tanya
06-14-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm not going to say whether it's normal or not normal, but I'd check with your doctor.

I am on my third pregnancy and while I might leak a bit with a big sneeze or cough, I don't have accidents otherwise. I do go pee more often.

SnuggleBuggles
06-14-2010, 12:34 PM
I had times during my pg with ds2 where I had to go more than normal and I always wondered if baby was just in some annoying position since it would resolve quickly. Try spending some time on all 4s to see if baby will move to a better position.

I went to PT after ds2 to help strengthen the kegel muscles. I admit that it was embarrassing but it was 100% worth it. I never had leakage or accidents but my midwife thought that the strength was lacking. I would really encourage you to explore this option b/c it can only help!

Beth

brittone2
06-14-2010, 05:06 PM
If it persists, this site may help you in locating a women's health physical therapist: (there are other women's health PTs, but this is one resource)

http://www.womenshealthapta.org/plp/locator/index.cfm?Section=Search

They can provide exercises (help you do Kegels more effectively, sometimes w/ biofeedback, etc. to enhance how well you are doing) that can help restrengthen your pelvic floor.