PDA

View Full Version : So, not a swimsuit thread...what do you wear as a coverup?

TwinFoxes
06-15-2010, 07:47 PM
I really want a cute coverup for the pool/shore. But everything is either a shapeless caftan, or too athletic looking. I want something cute, and stylish, and I don't want to pay as much as I would for a dress! Has anyone found anything? Or do I have to keep wearing an Old Navy t-shirt?

Twoboos
06-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Still looking!

i was thinking of getting this from hanes.

http://www.hanes.com/Hanes/Products/Women-Hanes/Women_ShopByCategory-Hanes/Women_Casualwear-Hanes/Women_dresses-Hanes/22487.aspx

There is also one I saw at Target, like a caftan but I think it was intended to be a dress. Went to a different Target today, but couldn't find it. I have to look again. It looked to be cotton, but not knit. I have to go back without DDs.

elektra
06-15-2010, 11:23 PM
I got one last year from Target. It it gathered under the bust just a bit so you don't get that shapeless hanging issue. And it was not expensive. It's really loose, comfy and IMO cute!
And then I also got a strapless cotton coverup dress from Old Navy too. Trying to find a link but the site is really slow right now. It looks like they have a ton of stuff to choose from though.

arivecchi
06-16-2010, 11:06 AM
I like tunics. I get cheap linen ones in the Caribbean and they are always light and comfy. I did get one from LE last summer that I liked because it was a very comfy cotton one, had a deep v-neck and you could pull on a string below the bust so that it looked more shapely. The other combo I use are linen shorts and a tube top. I also like pareos.

Babymakes3
06-23-2010, 12:55 PM
I have some little terry skirts from Target from a few years ago that I pair with a tank, otherwise I just use little cotton dresses. Target had some cute ones last time I was there and they were cheap!

viba424
06-23-2010, 02:38 PM
I got a great thin black cotton cover up from Lands End at sears for $20 last week. I had my eye on it for a while. I sized down. They are 50% off right now, at least at my location.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/SolidCottonLawnCoverup~206457_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLA&CM_MERCH=IDX_00006__0000000655&origin=index

I like that Hanes dress by the way. Its cute!

TwinFoxes
06-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Ooh. I like that Lands End one. I will have to check out Sears.

I bought one at Target that had a similar cut, but different material that I think may be too hot. It's cute though. Hmmm maybe I need two! ;)