PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ordered from Tinysoles?

moosemama
06-16-2010, 11:24 AM
I want to get DS a pair of Keen's but they seem to be sold out everywhere I look. Tinysoles carries them and appears to offer free shipping to Canada (yay!). Does anyone have any experience ordering from them? I'm wondering how much I'm going to be dinged for duties etc.

TIA!

Neatfreak
06-23-2010, 05:10 AM
I've ordered from Tinysoles and my order shipped quite quickly, actually. Duty is charged as a percentage of the total invoice, though, isn't it?

moosemama
06-23-2010, 09:41 AM
I've ordered from Tinysoles and my order shipped quite quickly, actually. Duty is charged as a percentage of the total invoice, though, isn't it?

Thanks. I just ordered yesterday and they didn't charge duty up front, so I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope I don't get charged on arrival!

Neatfreak
06-23-2010, 10:23 AM
I wish that there was a user friendly guide to when and how much, with respect to duty. I have a hard time pegging down even what the exemption amount is these days. $30, maybe?

moosemama
06-23-2010, 12:11 PM
I wish that there was a user friendly guide to when and how much, with respect to duty. I have a hard time pegging down even what the exemption amount is these days. $30, maybe?

I agree, it seems like it's just "luck" sometimes whether you get charged or not. I think the exemption amount is only $20 because when I ordered something from LLBean for $23, I got charged duty (they do it at check-out though, so at least you know up front). The one positive is that Tinysoles ships by USPS, which I've heard is much better than UPS or FedEx (who apparently charge ridiculous amounts for handling). Oh well, I got the sandals I wanted in the colour I wanted for $47 ($45US) and they're going for anywhere from $60-$65 here, so I should still come out ahead!

Neatfreak
07-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Just wanted to report that I had an order of Keens arrive from Tinysoles yesterday and I got a freebie - no duty owing!

Off-topic, but I have to add that the Keen Raleighs are very cute, roomy, and flexible.