PDA

View Full Version : Does everyone tell you you are "cute"?

luckytwenty
06-16-2010, 12:31 PM
I think it's funny that the bigger I get, the more often I get complimented in child-like terms, like "cute as a button" (I am one big button), "adorable," etc. I usually think of cuteness as being something associated with being small and childlike, and I am not so small or childlike these days. In fact, it looks like I swallowed a small child! :-P

Of course I like this a lot better than the people who tell me I am "huge." Or--this comment especially cracked me up--"Wow, are you BIG. But I mean that in a nice way."

swissair81
06-16-2010, 01:03 PM
No one tells me I'm cute. Someone told me I have a cute little belly, but I think that referred more to the way I carry. I'm tall & do the little basketball thing.

hillview
06-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Nope but I am 5'11" and not "cute"
/hillary

elektra
06-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Nope but I am 5'11" and not "cute"
/hillary

:yeahthat: minus an inch. ;) Tall doesn't usually equate to cute.

maestramommy
06-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Sometimes :p But I'm 5'2" and do the basketball thing.

swissair81
06-16-2010, 02:08 PM
:yeahthat: minus an inch. ;) Tall doesn't usually equate to cute.

I'm 5'8". Not quite as tall, but concept still works.

elektra
06-16-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm 5'8". Not quite as tall, but concept still works.

We are "elegant", "sophisticated", "formidable" (!), pregnant ladies! Just not cute. ;)

newg
06-16-2010, 02:21 PM
people keep telling me I'm "tiny" and cute.........how is it possible I'm tiny when the little DD in my belly is measuring two weeks larger than my acutal due date!!
I appreciate the compliments, which are soooo much better than "you're getting soooo big!"........

I do like it when people tell me I look "great" and "healthy" though. I feel those are two realistic compliments which can actually be true while 30 weeks pregnant!!

luckytwenty
06-16-2010, 03:06 PM
I do like it when people tell me I look "great" and "healthy" though. I feel those are two realistic compliments which can actually be true while 30 weeks pregnant!!

I like those words! I'd be very happy with "healthy."

I am 5'4 and when, not pregnant, petite. My belly is quite large for 5 months/not multiples, and it seems the larger it gets, the more I get "cute." That's why it's so strange. I would prefer "elegant," though. That sounds lovely!

ewpmsw
06-16-2010, 04:45 PM
I am so not cute. No one has bothered with that one. :) I have heard, "you look great" and "you have that glow", which makes me wonder: WTH does "that glow" look like? In my case, I'm afraid it was red-faced-from-being-in-97-degree-heat-chasing-toddler.

smcdonald2
06-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Mom tells I'm cute. Everyone else says "you're so round!" hee hee.

Beth24
06-16-2010, 06:07 PM
I am 45, 37 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby, hot, tired and exhausted from driving my kids around and so not cute! That did not deter a mom at day camp pick up from squealing at the top of her lungs how cute I was. I wanted to-- but of course did not--smack her.

citymama
06-16-2010, 09:08 PM
"Could you be more adorable?" my midwife asked at my 7 month checkup. I turned around to see if she was talking to someone's kid. Adorable? Come on! I'm 37!!

boltfam
06-16-2010, 09:17 PM
I am so not cute. No one has bothered with that one. :) I have heard, "you look great" and "you have that glow", which makes me wonder: WTH does "that glow" look like? In my case, I'm afraid it was red-faced-from-being-in-97-degree-heat-chasing-toddler.
:ROTFLMAO:Yup, that's my case, too. I didn't hear "you look cute" very often. I put on weight all over, not just in my belly. I did hear many times, "Oh, you don't look like you've gained a pound." Really?? So, you mean, I always look huge?!

newg
06-17-2010, 09:21 AM
In my case, I'm afraid it was red-faced-from-being-in-97-degree-heat-chasing-toddler.

I think I have this same glow!!

bostonsmama
06-21-2010, 02:48 PM
I wish, although I'm still at that stage where people are afraid to ask whether I'm pregnant or just a heavy drinker. ;) I tend to rub it a lot, though, and then people ask, grab their mouths in shame and wait until I confirm, then relax and say how compactly I'm carrying. Hahaha.