PDA

View Full Version : Verizon is on my **** list today!

dukie41181
06-16-2010, 05:05 PM
So frustrated! We are getting ready to leave on vacation on Friday and this afternoon my cellphone died. Completely died. I went to Verizon after work and the guy who helped me was a total JERK! To begin with, he mumbled and was very hard to understand. Then after he determined that the phone needed to be replaced under warranty he shared with me that there were none available within 60 miles of us and therefore it would have to be shipped to me. Normally this would be fine, but I nicely explained that I was leaving on vacation and would need the phone prior to Friday by 7pm (the time frame he provided). I asked to have the phone shipped overnight and he said that would be fine but there would be a $9 charge. I wasn't happy about that as I felt that Verizon should have been trying to be more accomodating. I felt like I came to the store, I nicely explained that I was under a deadline and even offered to drive to another store in order to get the phone before I left. I felt like they should have been willing to waive the additional fee. Now, I know it is only $9 (which isn't a big deal to us) but it was a principle issue in my mind. I asked to speak to the manager (who was at lunch and would be for another 30 minutes) and then I asked to speak to whomever was in charge while the manager was gone (assistant manager?). The got another guy (who I assume was an assistant manager) came over and had attitude too. He said there was nothing they could do. I nicely responded by asking why it was that I have NEVER been charged an overnight delivery fee when we have had warranty issues before and dealt with the Verizon toll-free customer service. He said it was because they don't have the ability to give phones immediately. So I asked if they would call and order the phone via the customer service number as I was not going to pay the fee when I have never been charged it previously and didn't feel the charge was fair. They were unwilling to do that but did dial the number and give me the phone. I called and talked to a very nice man there who was willing to help me out. He is FedExing a phone to me overnight and for morning delivery (the store wasn't even willing to send it for morning delivery...I was going to pay for overnight shipping for delivery sometime during the day). The man there gave me an order number and will be emailing me a tracking number. I am so irritated that the store associates weren't more helpful and frankly just jerks! I did however LOVE that the guy on the phone said something like "since you asked nicely" when I asked about overnight shipping and I said out loud, "thanks. A little niceness goes a long way sometimes." The sales associate saw me and just glared. I'm glad he was still there (which I requested) while I was on the phone and until the call ended to see that I wasn't bull****ting him about not being charged that way.

So frustrating! I've always had good service at the Verizon store before although you do always have to wait to be helped. Two thumbs down to them today!

lorinick
06-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Call CS. I didn't read your whole post but I got a phone this way as well. Not in stores was shipped the next day. Some needs to sign for the phone when it arrives. The in store people didn't seem to have the same knowledge or power to make things happen. I called CS as I stood in the store with a broken phone. Going back and forth with the sales person and CS. But it all worked out. Got my phone and mailed the broken one back.

ehlana06
06-16-2010, 05:21 PM
I had this same issue. When I spoke with someone from customer service I was told that the reason why they wouldn't wave the fee was because they get "free commission" (basically commission for doing nothing). I reported the guy that I dealt with to a customer service rep and although I feel a bit bad about it aparantly this man had several other complaints and was fired... Oh well he shouldn't have been working somewhere where he had to deal with people if he had no people skills.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
06-16-2010, 06:13 PM
I like the over the phone CS better than in stores, too!