PDA

View Full Version : iPod play lists for labor?

LD92599
06-16-2010, 08:47 PM
I just thought about this tonight! Any suggestions for good CD's for my ipod for the hospital? Something calming and relaxing!

swissair81
06-16-2010, 08:50 PM
I like Yanni. Also classical (for labor). I don't usually listen to American music, so that probably wouldn't help.

SnuggleBuggles
06-16-2010, 09:04 PM
I listened to this in early and active labor. By transition/ later active labor I was ready to switch to classical music (loved Debussy!). I have an entire second playlist with the classical picks. But, here's this one:

I Hope That I Don't Fall in Love With You 3:55 Tom Waits
Come Away With Me 3:18 Norah Jones
Don't Know Why 3:06 Norah Jones
Sweet Jane 3:35 Cowboy Junkies
Crash Into Me 5:16 Dave Matthews Band
By Your Side 4:35 Sade
Yellow 4:29 Coldplay Parachutes
Bittersweet Symphony 5:58 The Verve
Hold On 5:34 Tom Waits
Not Dark Yet 6:30 Bob Dylan
Do You Realize? 3:33 The Flaming Lips
New Slang 3:51 The Shins
Closer 2:52 Joshua Radin
The Long Day Is Over 2:45 Norah Jones
What a Wonderful World (Single) 2:19 Louis Armstrong
Three Little Birds 3:00 Bob Marley & The Wailers Legend - The Best of Bob Marley and the Wailers (Deluxe Edition)
Upside Down 3:31 Jack Johnson
100 Years 4:05 Five for Fighting
In Your Eyes 5:30 Peter Gabriel So
Banana Pancakes 3:12 Jack Johnson
Only Time 3:38 Enya
Hero 4:25 Enrique Iglesias
Fade Into You 4:56 Mazzy Star
After Hours 2:07 The Velvet Underground
What If You 4:34 Joshua Radin
Chasing Cars 4:26 Snow Patrol
When You Say Nothing at All (From "Notting Hill") 4:12
Hold You In My Arms 5:06 Ray LaMontagne

Here's the classical list:

Ocean Surf 4:23 Hennie Bekker Dan Gibson's Solitudes: The Classics
Pachelbel: Canon In D 8:02 Hennie Bekker Dan Gibson's Solitudes: The
Thunderstorm In The Wilderness 51:02 Dan Gibson Solitudes: Thunderstorm in the Wilderness
Sleeping Beauty, Act I: Pas d'action: Rose adagio 6:15 André Previn, John Brown & London Symphony Orchestra Tchaikovsky: Highlights from The Nutcracker, Sleeping Beauty & Swan Lake
Debussy: Clair De Lune 4:38 John Williams: Boston Pops Orchestra Debussy For Daydreaming - Music To Caress Your Innermost Thoughts
Debussy: La Plue Que Lente: Valse 6:25 Claudio Arrau Debussy For Daydreaming - Music To Caress Your Innermost Thoughts
Debussy: Valse Romantique 5:00 Claudio Arrau Debussy For Daydreaming - Music To Caress Your Innermost Thoughts
Debussy: Maid With The Flaxen Hair 2:36 John Williams: Boston Pops Orchestra Debussy For Daydreaming - Music To Caress Your Innermost Thoughts
Debussy: Petit Suite; En Bateau 3:04 Paul Paray: Detroit Symphony Orchestra Debussy For Daydreaming - Music To Caress Your Innermost Thoughts
Debussy: Images For Orchestra: Perfumes Of The Night 8:06 Pierre Monteux: London Symphony Orchestra Debussy For Daydreaming - Music To Caress Your Innermost Thoughts
Debussy: String Quartet In G Minor: Andantino Doucement Expressif 8:40 Quartetto Italiano Debussy For Daydreaming - Music To Caress Your Innermost Thoughts
Debussy: Syrinx 3:01 Roger Bourdin Debussy For Daydreaming - Music To Caress Your Innermost Thoughts
Debussy: Sonata For Flute, Viola & Harp: Interlude 6:07 Roger Bourdin, Colette Lequien, Annie Challan Debussy For Daydreaming - Music To Caress Your Innermost Thoughts
Debussy: Ręverie 3:54 Zoltán Kocsis Debussy For Daydreaming - Music To Caress Your Innermost Thoughts
Debussy: Arabesque #1 3:57 Zoltán Kocsis Debussy For Daydreaming - Music To Caress Your Innermost Thoughts
Petite Suite: En Bateau (Debussy) 3:40 Various Artists Summer Dreams
Pastoral Symphony: By the Brook (Beethoven) 12:54 Various Artists Summer Dreams
Carnival of the Animals: The Swan (Saint-Saens) 3:37 Various Artists Summer Dreams
Sheep May Safely Graze (Bach) 6:10 Various Artists Summer Dreams
Csardas (Strauss) 4:31 Various Artists Summer Dreams
Canon in D Major (Pachelbel) 5:38 Various Artists Summer Dreams
Nocturne No. 2 (Chopin) 4:48 Various Artists Summer Dreams
Grieg: Pier Gynt Suite - Morning 4:57 Hennie Bekker Dan Gibson's Solitudes: The Classics
Chopin: Nocturne In E Flat, #2 5:18 Hennie Bekker Dan Gibson's Solitudes: The Classics
Debussy: Prelude To The Afternoon Of A Fan 6:49 Hennie Bekker Dan Gibson's Solitudes: The Classics New Age
Debussy: Clair De Lune 5:43 Hennie Bekker Dan Gibson's Solitudes: The Classics
Beethoven: Sonata, Op. 27/2, "Moonlight" 6:20 Hennie Bekker Dan Gibson's Solitudes: The Classics
J.S. Bach: Air In C 7:36 Hennie Bekker Dan Gibson's Solitudes: The Classics
Debussy: Reverie 6:00 Hennie Bekker Dan Gibson's Solitudes: The Classics
Grieg: Piano Concerto In A Minor, Op. 16 7:27 Hennie Bekker Dan Gibson's Solitudes: The Classics
Then I had the Lion King Musical soundtrack and Enya's "A Day Without Rain".

HTH. :)

Beth

GonnaBeNana
06-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Harry Connick Jr.

SnuggleBuggles
06-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Harry Connick Jr.

The "When Harry Met Sally" soundtrack by HCJr. was on my playlist with ds1. :)

Beth

pb&j
06-16-2010, 10:48 PM
I labored to Sky Blue Sky by Wilco with DD. We started it when things really got going and it ended a little while before I started pushing and I didn't care about music any more.

Yes, I had a short labor.

fortato
06-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Laura! I sat at my computer on Friday night for 3 hours, just trying to put together a playlist....

I went into labor on Saturday morning.... Never even used the list. I didn't even sync my iPod. And, I didn't miss it.

BUT- If you have the time, why not??!!

(Oh, and my playlist was a lot of upbeat things, which looked a lot like my "Songs that make me want to fight" playlist.)

yournamehere
06-17-2010, 10:15 PM
I will be listening to Moby & Bob Marley

karstmama
06-18-2010, 10:23 AM
i planned more in the 'fight' category, too. :D

didn't get to use any, though... :(

Roni
06-30-2010, 09:35 AM
That's a good question. I have a bunch of mixes from my first 2 babies on cassette, LOL. I guess I should update to at least a CD, if not my mp3 player. I had all sorts of calming music (I think I had a mix from radio host Delilah), some Contemporary Christian music, Jim Brickman, Ocean Waves, etc. For pushing, I had a Rocky soundtrack. I got to use it w/ dd1, but dd2 popped out too fast at the end.

swissair81
06-30-2010, 10:59 AM
I was completely uninterested in music during my labor. I was also uninterested in anyone touching me or walking around. I was rather surprised.